Our new place to chat about our beautiful toddlers! Where have our babies gone???

(999 Posts)
KLou111 Mon 11-Feb-13 10:12:11

Another thread girls, can't believe we're here already!

Yeah, symptom spotting is pants! I seem to have everything. Just tested and bfn, but only 10dpo, not due on til Saturday.

Sorry you're feeling crap again liz, time of the year I suppose hmm
Glad your mum and dad have finally moved smile

Had a great weekend. Went into Birmingham Saturday about 1ish, as we were meeting friends and all going to see Leann Rimes in concert. Met them at the Moët champagne bar in Selfriges, and said I wasn't drinking and they guessed I was pregnant, so I said no, but were trying, so they blummin bought me a glass of champagne! i did drink it though smile
Fab day, amazing concert. The venue was very intimate and not very big so she was like right there, we were near the from anyway. Then just after her last song we ran to the stage and got to shake hands with her. Went back to our seats thinking she wouldn't do an encore as she had a sore throat and cancelled a concert 2 days before. Anyway, so did come back, so we ran to the stage again, she took her shoes off and sat on the stage and sang Hallelujah.
Then we went out again afterwards for drinks, got home about 1am. Really great day.

Then yesterday picked Euey up from mum and dads, then went to Rugger, which he loves, and had our first roast for months! Before we knew it it was 7pm.

Got a lazy day today as Euans car seat is being brought back after being fixed and the delivery is 7.30am-5.30pm so got to stay in.

Think af here, spotting red now, gutted ((cry))

lizandlulu Mon 16-Sep-13 21:39:45

Ahh nooooooooo, oh well, better luck next month, it's early days x x big hugs to you tho. I'm sure one lass of champagne won't hurt! Think of all the people who are pg without knowing and go and get pissed up.

Your weekend sounds great! We had a Leann rimes song for our wedding song.

Still bunged up here, can hardly breathe, not fun

I need you was our wedding song liz smile. What was yours?

Af definitely here,oh well. Am gutted obviously, but here's to next month. At least my cycle was only 26 days so not too long hopefully til the next one even though it seems a bloody lifetime away

Hope you're feeling a bit better today.

Where's the fat one? wink

Iwish Tue 17-Sep-13 09:23:10

grin eaten too much cake

Ha ha, how you feeling x

Iwish Tue 17-Sep-13 14:38:23

Yeh I'm feeling ok thanks. Bit tired be ause I'm not sleeping at night but hey ho.

Rubbish that AF arrived. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.
What happened to Euans car seat?

Joshua's birthday tomorrow! Can't believe he will be 2! This time 2 years ago I was in labour. Last night at 10pm ish was when my waters went!
Just been and got a few bits from Asda for tomorrow. We are having a little buffet style tea for him and have invited my mum and MIL.

Are you feeling better today liz? Being ill is horrible.

lizandlulu Tue 17-Sep-13 20:59:15

Nope still bunged up to the eyeballs, I want rid!!!

Our wedding song was 'your still the one' I think that's what it's called!!

I know all the words but not the title.

Happy birthday for tomorrow for Joshua, does he know it's his birthday? When I think back to violet on her birthday, it seems like she's grown up loads since then. I can't remember her being happy it was her birthday, it's quite bad that I can't remember much about it!

Iwish Tue 17-Sep-13 21:24:28

No he doesn't really know. I keep telling him but I don't think he knows what I'm on about haha. I've just wrapped his prezzies and laid them all out in the living room. He won't get to open them till about 5pm anyway because we are at work and he's at nursery.

Have you taken all the drugs you can do to get rid of it? Colds are horrible, especially when you are all snotty at night too.

lizandlulu Tue 17-Sep-13 21:41:04

I keep taking cold tablets, but only when I remember. Ys I'm ll stuffy at night, if I sleep on one side, one nostril gets blocked up, so have to turn over and let it drain to the other nostril. Gross I know. I hate it. It can't last much longer.

That's shania twain liz ha ha!
Oh no so sorry yore still feeling shite. I use tiger balm under my nose when it's bunged up. Like stronger Vick stuff.

Happy birthday Joshua!! Hope he has a fab day. Shame you're working, but he won't really know til next year anyway. Euan just liked opening pressies, he didn't know what for except they were for him! Ha ha.
Enjoy your birthday tea grin

lizandlulu Wed 18-Sep-13 22:18:49

Is it shania twain!! God what a twat I am!!!! I know we was torn between two songs, Leanne rimes must have been the second choice!!!

Have you had a nice day iwish? Silly question!

Iwish Thu 19-Sep-13 19:49:53

Yesterday was lovely thanks. Well at night it was anyway. Was at work till 3:40, picked Joshua up from nursery at 4:30 then went home. He loved opening his prezzies and loves all his gifts. He got loads of Thomas things. Thomas train track and trains, Thomas puzzles and books, clothes, pjs and a few gift vouchers.
Mum, my bro and mil came too and it was lovely. We had a bit of a buffet tea and Joshua was bossing everyone round telling them what to eat haha. Did him a Thomas cake too.

How are you 2? Got anything interesting planned?

lizandlulu Fri 20-Sep-13 21:25:56

Nope nothing, not a dickie bird. Going out for tea tomorrow evening, that's it.

Glad he had a lovely time, they are so funny aren't they!

Violet is really coming into her own, she talks so well. Everyone comments on it. She's started using her potty more and not wanting a nappy on, although I don't trust her to go nappy free away from home. She can pee on my floor all she wants, but to have to change clothes while we're out? No thanks!

Iwish Sat 21-Sep-13 15:02:48

We have just been to OHs brothers house so he could fix their electrics and now on our way home cos we are having shopping delivered. Not doing anything for the rest of the day really.
Think we are going to a soft play tomorrow for a few hours.

Joshua weed in his potty yesterday for the first time but I don't think he actually realised he was doing it. Going to be a long while till he's potty trained I reckon.

Do you understand everything she says now? I understand about 80% of what Joshua says but others don't. He says about 3/4 words together but not proper sentences.

Iwish Sat 21-Sep-13 17:15:23

Bump today smile

Iwish Sat 21-Sep-13 17:15:41

Iwish, you're still teeny smile. I looked at it the wrong way though initially, your bump looked like your bum, and the ruffles looked like where your boobs would be ha ha! And it looked like you had huge thighs!

Been mega busy here. Completed on another house weds, got keys Thursday, and haven't stopped til now. First person just moved in and Euan had rugger so had to get done for today.
Other people moving in over the next week so rob will sort them as all the rooms are ready. Knackered, but at least it's all done.
Just about to light the BBQ, it so hot!

Iwish Sun 22-Sep-13 19:49:36

Do you think so?! I'm happy you said that, makes me feel better after the usual 'your huge' comments. And lol I know what you mean, it's not the best shot grin

Wow is it BBQ weather there? It's been about 18 degrees here so not too bad.

Did Euan enjoy himself? We took Joshua to a huge soft play today. It was ace!! They have a big bit for bigger kids and adults and it looks amazing. Will have to go on there when I've had the baby haha.

lizandlulu Sun 22-Sep-13 22:28:25

You look lovely iwish, cute bump, not at all huge!!c

Good weekend here, it's been red hot today. Had to actually get changed at dinner into vest and shorts!!

Lulus just been sick, complained of headache since bout 4, had it since hen, went to bed just before 8, woke about half our ago and was sick. She caught it in her hands thou, clever girl!!

Iwish Thu 26-Sep-13 08:26:38

Morning ladies!

How are you both?

How's lulu liz? Did Violet catch it?

You up the duff choc? How's Euan?

All is ok here. Being lazy lay in bed. Joshua has just woken up but he's playing with his train I think so I'm leaving him to it for 10 lol.

Morning,
God I'd love 8 again, never mind 8.30!
We got 7.40 yesterday, but on the futon at 5, which i don't really mind, it's the getting up in the night that was killing me, which he's started to go through again. I'm hoping he'll settle when we move.

All good, no not upduffed yet, but coming up to ov again, so we'll just have to see next month smile
Have bought some conceive plus (like preseed), so that's been going very well wink

How's you Lizzie smile

Iwish Fri 27-Sep-13 21:40:10

Aww I hope he sleeps better for you again soon. I'm dreading putting Joshua in a bed but I need to do it before baby comes.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you this month. Can't believe you are coming up to ov again already!! Time is going so fast.

Joshua was giving my belly a cuddle yesterday and baby kick him in the face lol. He was shocked bless him.

Oh and going for the 4d scan tomorrow. Can't wait!!

lizandlulu Mon 30-Sep-13 20:56:35

Evening ladies, how are you both?

Well I'm back from sunny Blackpool, it was actually sunny! Abit breezy but lovely, abit too warm! Took 5 loooooooong hours to get there! We stopped in the services for all of 20 mins, it was just traffic traffic traffic. My own fault for expecting to get there in a reasonable time on a Friday afternoon.

Violet started with a bad chest on Wednesday, needed inhaler a lot, but is a lot better now. It seems to be affecting her throat more now she's abit older, her voice sounds like its about to go, really deep and squeaky at the same time.

We went in the pleasure beach but was so so busy we only went on 3-4 rides. And sealife centre which she loved. was a good weekend, but won't go on a weekend again.

I love he 4 d scan pics iwish, the 2babies are so so alike!! Doubles of each other. I can see this baby girl is going to be so cheeky looking!

How's you choccy? I actually lolled at 'upduffed'!!!! Have you hada nice weekend?

Glad I made you lol liz grin

Blackpool looked fun although the traffic would have driven me round the bend! I've not been there for yeeeeeeeeears! Must take Euey one day to see the illuminations. Mm glad the girls enjoyed it, shame about poor violets chest, she's always suffered hasn't she poor thing hmm

Finally got a positive ov test today woohoo. Exact same day as last month, so at least that's good, however I had a short luteal phase last months, so am hoping I can at least make it to 11dpo this month! Fingers crossed.

So, Euans sleeping still a frikkin nightmare after 8 months, so I've rebuilt his cot. Not the best thing I know, but if it works, it works. He's currently fast asleep in it now, and didn't moan or anything and his bed is still in his room and didn't moan to go in it. Very odd considering he used to scream when i used to put him in his cot from his bed.
He looks very snug as it's very small, but if he's happy, I'm happy. The test will be tonight though so we'll see.
If he likes it, will just leave him in it and leave his bed here as we need a single bed for one of the bedrooms which is currently Robs office, then buy him a new one when he's ready. If I get preggars, will buy a cotbed for him, the same style so he doesn't really notice, then give baby the cot, but that's way off anyway. Fingers crossed.......I've tried everything else!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now