4 and half month old back to newborn sleeping habits

(6 Posts)
WandaDoff Sun 10-Feb-13 03:03:44

It's the big 4 month growth spurt / sleep regression.

Just let him feed as much as he wants, because he's going to double in weight near enough in the next month or so.

Just bear with it. It'll only last for a few weeks hopefully. smile

LittleChimneyDroppings Sun 10-Feb-13 02:58:07

Growth spurt. The big one. Dont bother with the solids, it makes no difference. Keep giving the milk, on demand. In a week <or two if you are as unlucky as I was> things will settle down. Completely normal, nothing to worry about.

paperclips Sun 10-Feb-13 02:54:30

Let me correct myself, he's not sleeping fine, just not quite as badly!

paperclips Sun 10-Feb-13 02:51:54

You're not alone antonia we're in the middle of it too. It's so crap isn't it? I haven't any advice, but after a horrific night thurs-fri when I was in tears at 5am and felt sick with tiredness, the following night was better and he managed 3 hour stretches. So it won't always be as bad as the worst nights, iyswim.

And tonight he's sleeping fine but for some reason I can't!

There is a thing called the four month sleep regression, google it if you want to find out more. Solids don't make babies sleep any better... In fact digesting solids when under 6 mo can disturb sleep. I am sorry to hear you're having such a hard time. It's a developmental stage and it will pass but it's hard. sad what solids are you feeding? And is your HV or GP ok about it? Advice is 6 months for solids, not 4.5.

antonia1988 Sat 09-Feb-13 22:38:50

Hi my 4 and half months old baby has started to Create the same sleeping patterns as a newborn, he used to be up every 2 hours for a feed. I started giving him solids a few weeks ago and he slept for 5 to 7 hours straight... I was soooooo happy.
All of a sudden he has now started to wake up every 2 hours again even every hour and a half! I'm now shattered and confused. I have recently moved house so I'm hoping its not that...please help. Feeling very emotional and tired sad thanx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now