pushchair advice

(14 Posts)
KnittedCharacter Thu 07-Feb-13 07:25:47

would like some advice on a good pushchair for when my son is about 8 months old. Would like it quite light and compact which folds down easily and doesnt take up too much room in the back of a small boot. Something ideal for taking on a trip away.

MegMogAndOwl Thu 07-Feb-13 09:45:00

I've got this mothercare one here

It's a bit shorter than a normal umbrella fold buggy when it's folded so is good for a small boot. It fits easily in my fiesta along with all the junk grin

The down sides I suppose are its not as easy to manoeuvre as say a quinny zapp. Also the handles are not as high as some buggys but I'm quite short so it's not a problem.

Pobblewhohasnotoes Thu 07-Feb-13 11:01:54

Maclaren quest. We bought one to take on holidays. It's lightweight and can recline flat for sleeps.

fairylightsinthesnow Thu 07-Feb-13 21:25:15

Depends how much you'll use it. You can get really really basic ones with no hoods or swivel wheels from Asda for about £25 but if you want comething a bit more substantial, we have a mamas and papas one (called pipi I think) was from Argos, about £80 ish. Has a raincover, reclines and has swivel wheels. I like it int he summer or when on public transport but go back to the more substantial icandy in winter or when I know I need to push it with one hand - umbrella folds generally don't steer as well.

PipIsOutNow Thu 07-Feb-13 21:58:49

The quinny zapp is fab! Really lightweight and folds down really small.

Misty9 Thu 07-Feb-13 22:14:00

I love my recently bought zeta vooom. £50 from eBay and its great. Easy to manoeuvre, lovely big hood to shield ds when napping, and crucially it lies almost flat for said snoozing. Love the colour too - plum smile

Bibs123 Fri 08-Feb-13 20:41:33

i second the zeeta vooom. just like the maclaren but a quarter of the price. i lovemine. the hood is brilliant to keep the sun off.

Pleasenomorepeppa Fri 08-Feb-13 20:45:14

Maclaren Quest. I got it 3 years ago & it's waiting for DD2 to get big enough for it. I love Maclarens smile.

BikeRunSki Fri 08-Feb-13 20:52:59

Baby Jogger City Mini, not a traditional umbrella fold, but folds easily and compactly.

Idlegirl83 Fri 08-Feb-13 20:58:23

Petite star zia - reclines and folds really small. Love mine!

KnittedCharacter Wed 27-Feb-13 07:43:35

Does the zeta vooom fold down small enough to fit in the boot of a small car?

Flisspaps Wed 27-Feb-13 07:49:29

We've got a mamas and papas Kato

babySophieRose Wed 27-Feb-13 09:48:25

Maclaren Quest, or XT

MamaBlue4 Thu 28-Feb-13 19:42:50

I have a Babyzen YOYO for my daughter. I love this stroller. It's light and compact, it comes with a strap so you can carry the stroller on your shoulder - my husbands favorite thing. Very simple to put up and down, my DS is four and with a little help from me he can put it up. It's that easy.

Struggling onto buses and trains is no longer an issue.

It's quite expensive but worth it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now