Kids up early what do they do?

(4 Posts)
Chippychop Sun 03-Feb-13 22:41:50

My ds (nearly 7) goes through phases of getting up early (6am) and its too early for him he's exhausted by the end of the week. He ends up going downstairs and watching tv until I get down 7.30 Ish. I've banned him from switching on tv until 6.30 and it goes off at breakfast time. But if he doesn't watch tv what does he do until its time for breakfast? I see to my dd and get ready, I've tried to snuggle him Into bed until me and his sister get up but he really wants to get up and watch tv. What do your kids do?

lorisparkle Sun 03-Feb-13 23:51:14

I'm afraid the TV goes on in our bedroom on the weekend so we can have a lie in. We have 3 DS (6,4 and2). On a weekday we have to get up early anyway so DS come into our room and then have to get fully dressed before going downstairs and watching TV. My DS does nothing once TV is on!

lostintoys Mon 04-Feb-13 13:23:32

My 6-year-old DS isn't allowed to turn his light on until 6am, but will then read and play happily in his room until we get up at 7.30.

HappyAsEyeAm Mon 04-Feb-13 14:08:26

DS is 5. He has taken to getting up anytime from 5:50 or so onwards. I ahve tried putting him to bed later, but this has no effect.

Anytime between 5:50 and 6:15, I insist on him getting back into bed. Anytime after that, he plays in his room until 7 (he has a clock so he knows what time 7 looks like!) and then he can come into our room when either we will talk in bed, or DH or I will get up with him.

A couple of weeks ago, I put loads more toys from the playroom into his bedroom so that he has more variety in there. he is only 5, so he has his vehicles, garage, kitchen, food, stuffed toys, jigsaws, duplo etc. He also likes to look at his books. Sometimes we set up his train set so that it goes under his bed and he will play with that. A friend has a small CD player for her DD in her DD's bedroom nd she plays music and audio books.

DS wouldn't go downstairs on his own to watch TV as (i) he is scared of being down there on his own, and (ii) the alarm would go off.

As your DS is older, could he get himself dressed for school, read, do lego, geomag - that sort of thing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now