Balls in the house

(14 Posts)
AngelDog Mon 04-Feb-13 21:42:50

Yes, ball pit balls & soft indoor type ones. Only in the hall and up/down the stairs, unless in a box for a ball pit. Skittles are allowed.

DS1 is 3 y.o. and spent most of his toddlerhood playing with balls on the stairs.

ssd Mon 04-Feb-13 19:27:39

my 2 are currently battling as they have played a game in ds1's bedroom and ds2 said he won 9-8 and its now full scale war

I hate balls in the house but ds's and dh are football mad and I'm onto a loser

OscarPistoriusBitontheside Mon 04-Feb-13 12:32:46

I try and ban them, 2 ds and one DH though means I end up pretending I can't see them playing ball in the house.

MrsWembley Mon 04-Feb-13 12:27:16

We have a rule about no throwing anything in our house unless the person you are throwing to is ready to catch. This includes random throwing of things in the air DD and trying to make someone jump DP.

My only problem is my DD now tells me off if I just throw an item instead of getting up, walking across the room and putting it down where I want it to be - clothes, toys, DS...

fieldfare Mon 04-Feb-13 12:19:35

No, not at all.

Saski Mon 04-Feb-13 12:11:20

NO!

CharlotteBronteSaurus Mon 04-Feb-13 12:07:02

soft ones and beach balls are ok
dining room only though
and DH is not allowed to join in as he always takes things too far

mycatlikestwiglets Mon 04-Feb-13 12:03:38

Yes, we allow a ball in the kitchen (we have a big kitchen with stone floor so relatively safe on the potential breakage front). DS is 2.1 and loves his ball so I plan to allow it for a while yet until something gets broken.

Cricket bats are another matter bloody mad DH

MortifiedAdams Sun 03-Feb-13 21:35:14

We have a penny floater, and a couple of small aqueaky balls. DD is only 1.1 so not kicking age yet, but we only roll / toss them to each other.

My DM is a Childminder and she has couple of balls in the playroom, again, the light floater ones. The kids can pass them to one another or bounce them but NOT kick them. In the summer they play outside with them and can kick them to their hearts content.

TheInnerSea Sun 03-Feb-13 21:34:45

I did when they were very little and the weather was very bad
, but only in our large and empty hall. Now they're old enough to go outside without me, balls belong outside whatever the weather!

No, we don't. But ds is so into football that he will play even without a ball hmm

theredhen Sun 03-Feb-13 21:33:45

Always been of the opinion that all balls are for outside even soft sponge ones or those little bouncy ones.

Dp hasn't always shared my opinion.

ssd Sun 03-Feb-13 21:30:49

dont start me

it drives me mad, balls flying in the living room............dh is usually the goalie

GreatGooglyMoogly Sun 03-Feb-13 21:26:39

Do you allow the DC to play with balls in the house? If so, are there any rules/ restrictions regarding them? DH and I disagree on this! TIA.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now