Harry potter 4 for a 5 yr old?

(4 Posts)
sleepyhead1234 Sun 03-Feb-13 10:17:03

My DD is just 5 she is going to her friends house this week, the parent has asked if DD is allowed to watch Harry Potter and the goblet of fire rated a 12. DD has seen 1 & 2 also lord of the rings 1 and it didn't scare her at all she loved them So she's not easily scared.

I'm not sure about this though WWYD??

fridayfreedom Sun 03-Feb-13 10:24:36

I wouldn't . They get much darker as they go on and bluntly they are sometimes difficult to follow as an adult let alone a 5 year old. I only think the first one is ok for under 12s.
When I saw the last one there were very young children in the cinema which I thought was cruel as it is very scary in places.

ClaireDeTamble Sun 03-Feb-13 10:25:10

If she's seen LOTR and the black riders didn't scare her, she'd probably be ok with it to be honest. It's only really the last 15 minutes of GOF that are scary.

I'm thinking about this as well at the minute for my dd -also 5. She likes the first three and sometimes asks for the third one because she wants to watch something scary. Haven't let her watch LOTR yet though 'cause I think the riders would freak her out. Next time she asks to watch HP I will probably let her watch GP.

I did give DH a bollocking when I cam home one day to find her watching Half Blood Prince. He'd just pulled out the first disc he'd come across without checking and as he hasn't read the books he didn't know the story. Luckily she wasn't paying too much attention to it and I turned it off and put an earlier one on.

sleepyhead1234 Sun 03-Feb-13 10:32:26

Thats how DD saw LOTR DH put it on i came home and they were both engrossed the only bit she hated was when Boromere died!!! She said the black riders and the orcs wern't scary as she knew they were pretend!! I did draw the line at LOTR 2 though.

Think i will let her watch it with us first then i can always turn it off. But won'y let her carry on with 5 etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now