Runny nose after tonsillitis

(6 Posts)
Hopingforno2 Fri 01-Feb-13 20:52:34

I recently posted about my 4 year old son who last saturday was diagnosed with tonsillitis and impetigo. He had his last dose of antibiotic today and is still on antibiotic cream.

Now i know im being a paranoid mum but is it normal to have a runny nose after tonsillitis? Have checked his temp mutiple times which seems fine im just being a worry wort as ive had to leave him at my mil as i work early tommorow sad

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 02-Feb-13 08:29:47

Can't remember that happening with DS but it is about 3 years since he had them removed. He will be fine at your mil anyway as long as they aren't planning anything too hectic. Maybe leave some paracetamol with them?

Hopingforno2 Sat 02-Feb-13 13:53:57

Thanks, yeah they have calpol but i just called to checked on him and have taken him to softplay not something i would have done just hope he is ok with it cant wait to finish n get him back

Hopingforno2 Sat 02-Feb-13 23:12:01

Ok so now he has an on/off cough too and as far as i can gather hasnt eaten as normal today tho my mil took him to softplay which cant say i think was a good idea at all!! He just picked at dinner tho was happy to have choc sad

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 02-Feb-13 23:15:15

Most children would be happy with chocolate though wouldn't they? smile. Can he have a quiet day tomorrow?

Hopingforno2 Sun 03-Feb-13 07:22:25

Yeah i think he will be i work weekends sad but at least today he is with my mum n dad who r more sensible!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now