PFB rules - what went out the window with subsequent children?

(23 Posts)

DD wasn't allowed refined sugar until she was 18 months old.
DS is 13 months and has homemade chocolate brownie smeared all over his face atm.

DD didn't watch tv until she was about 2 (although tbh she still doesn't have much interest in it, apart from the Octonauts and Alphablocks).
DS adores the Octonauts.

DD had a bath every night before bed.
DS has a bath when he's grubby.

MyGoldenNotebook Thu 31-Jan-13 20:50:54

Did the whole cotton wool and warm water thing for weeks with DS.
Used babywipes straight away with DD.

Too terrified to ever bring DS into my bed until he as about 8 mnths old.
Would frequently bring DD in for a snuggle after a few monts (adhering to safe co-sleeping guidelines I hasten to add!).

DS wasn't allowed a dummy.
I was very relieved when my newborn DD would take one.

That's all I can think of ... I don't think I was ever very PFB in that way to be honest. Obviously thught DS was a potential genius by week three and still do . DS really liked 'In the Night Garden' from about 12 months and I'm pretty sure that I let him have the odd pudding from around then too ...

MyGoldenNotebook Thu 31-Jan-13 20:52:00

Sorry for all the typos blush

oooggs Thu 31-Jan-13 20:56:03

Ds1 - no tv til past 2nd birthday, dts and ds3 tv from birth wink

Ds1 - water and cotton wool for months, dts and ds3 baby wipes in hospital blush

Did manage only water and milk to drink until they were all past 2years

Also with ds1 we stroked him to sleep, picked him up as soon as he opened his mouth and fussed him a lot.

Then twins arrived and everything changed..... grin

RobinSparkles United States Thu 31-Jan-13 20:56:59

Yep to cotton wool and water with DD1 for weeks! Straight to baby wipes with DD2.

I would never take DD1 into bed with us. I was terrified that she would die if I did hmm. DD2 slept in our bed often (bad sleeper as a baby). I actually feel bad now that DD1 has never slept in our bed sad. We have a smaller bed now and she's 5 so there's not really enough room but I'd secretly love for her to sleep in my bed.

FlorriesDragons Thu 31-Jan-13 21:04:52

DC1: In his moses basket every night at 7pm, on his back, checking the covers very five minutes, neurotic about the monitor, waking myself up to check his breathing multiple times per night.

DC2: Has his own (lovely) bed and room but still sleeps with us at 16 months.

DC1: Brand new, pristine, designer clothes every day.

DC2: DC1's cast-offs, babygrows most days.

DC1: £££ Monkey Music classes, water babies, yoga tots, etc from six months.

DC2: Meh. Toddler group and swimming, six month olds don't really know where they are, do they?

FlorriesDragons Thu 31-Jan-13 21:08:37

OH and I once took DS2 to hospital after he banged his head lightly on the headboard at 4 months and I thought he might have a bleed on the brain.blush We were constantly at the doctors for something or other.

DS2 only gets taken for actual medical problems. grin

Arithmeticulous Thu 31-Jan-13 21:09:14

DC4 is still in a nappy at night, despite being dry for months, because he cosleeps and I can't be arsed changing ny sheets blush

SkiBumMum Thu 31-Jan-13 21:14:46

TV although still try not to let DD2 see too much
Chocolate, sugar and juice blush
Giving in to her at the first sign of a tantrum
Milk in the night every night

Oh yes Florries, when DD was about 6 months old she toppled over from sitting and bumped her head on the wooden floor. We went straight to A&E (admittedly because the GP told us to).

At about the same age DS rolled off a bed. He was fine so we didn't bother going to the GP.

FlorriesDragons Thu 31-Jan-13 21:20:32

I'm sure I have "anxious mother" somewhere on dc1's notes and "borderline neglect" or similar on DC2's. grin

FlorriesDragons Thu 31-Jan-13 21:21:45

Benign not borderline grin blush

I don't really neglect him honestly.

grin

FlorriesDragons Thu 31-Jan-13 21:34:12

Poor little ds2 grin

GotAnyGrapes Thu 31-Jan-13 21:38:29

Yes to all theses especially the water and cotton wool. The thing I noticed the other day was how each subsequent baby has averaged about 50% less photographs than the preceding sibling. DS1 has his own case for baby photos! grin

sausagesandwich34 Thu 31-Jan-13 21:38:52

DD1 sterilized all weaning spoons, bowls etc

DD2 everything got bunged in the dishwasher

marriedinwhite Thu 31-Jan-13 21:41:44

DS still has school dinners
DD has had a packed lunch since she was 6.

DS was shouted at more;
I had learned patience when DD arrived

DS is still shouted at more; he is the more demanding/difficult one.

They are 18 and 14 grin

MrsSchadenfreude Thu 31-Jan-13 21:43:28

DD1 breastfed then had exclusively home made food until she could eat what we ate.

DD2 briefly breastfed, then had formula. Some home made food, but mostly jars. blush

DD1 is the one riddled with allergies - asthma, eczema and has been in and out of hospital all of her life, constantly on steroids, antibiotics etc, had an operation to remove a fast growing tumour from her wrist. DD2 has been to the Doctor once - when she had a bad reaction to a vaccine...

CheerfulYank Thu 31-Jan-13 21:43:58

I can already feel it happening and DC2 isn't here yet. smile

I was so concerned with preperations for DS...I've bought exactly two onesies for this baby.

MrsSchadenfreude Thu 31-Jan-13 21:44:53

It makes me sad and angry at the same time. sadangry

beingginger Thu 31-Jan-13 21:45:13

DD had organic cows milk from 12 months as its higher in omega minerals for brain development.
Ds1 and 2 are lucky to get regular blue top.

AbsintheMinded Fri 01-Feb-13 10:43:37

DD1 had photos taken of every milestone, in an album with notes.
DD2 gets photos taken by relatives and emailed to mum, which stay on the pc

DD1 had cloth nappies
DD2 - disposables as I can't face the laundering.

DD1 got new spoons, beakers, etc if they are thrown on the floor.
DD2 gets them put back on her tray. Along with the food.

Tolly81 Fri 01-Feb-13 11:12:00

This thread is priceless!! grin Only have my PFB currently but can see a lot of things that will fall by the wayside with subsequent DCs. Definitely the clothes, I am already wondering if certain items of DDs clothes are acceptable if we subsequently had a boy...and have parceled some scruffy items away marked "neutral" accordingly. I hope for the poor thing's sake it's another girl and she can wear some of the expansive wardrobe of dresses, tops and leggings in every baby size many of which were worn once!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now