so how the flip do you do no-nappy-time with a baby boy without having to todally redecorate??

(43 Posts)
oldebaglady Tue 29-Jan-13 18:30:18

he's a bit rashy but too young to do much tummy time without bobbing/getting worked up

his bum could do with a bit of air as it's a bit raw... but, HOW? there'd be wee and BF poo everywhere!!

oldebaglady Tue 29-Jan-13 18:30:58

"totally" blush

NickNacks Tue 29-Jan-13 18:31:31

Drape a wipe over it!

NickNacks Tue 29-Jan-13 18:32:22

And lay on changing mat or thick bath towel.

Hi there,

I used to cut a bin liner down the one side and open it up and then lie a big towel (used specifically for bum airing time only) on top of that. If you have a baby gym thing (you know the ones with the toys that dangle over them) then I would lie the bin liner and towel on top of that so he at least had something to occupy him too whilst I could mop up as and when accidents happened.

Then should a mucky poo happen then it would be off to the bathroom!

Hope that helps.

You need a peepee teepee grin

OOh or even a Willy wigwam grin grin

oldebaglady Tue 29-Jan-13 18:37:01

ooo no draping doesn't work, gets wiggled off, and range is FAR beyond the change mat!

bin liner in bathroom sounds more like it!

suppose on a towel in an empty bath might work - then I can just hose it down after (baby and bath!)

oldebaglady Tue 29-Jan-13 18:39:23

grin @ blueberry!

PurplePidjin Tue 29-Jan-13 18:42:41

Cloth nappies?

nextphase Tue 29-Jan-13 18:46:04

Wait til the summer, and play in the garden!

Otherwise, fold a muslin into a triangle, and tie on an old fashioned nappy. Holds just about enough to not make a massive mess!

Abigail9580 Tue 29-Jan-13 18:47:47

I use incontinence pads!! Think you can get them from a pharmacy, but I always get mine from my vet practice (were I work!)

peeriebear Tue 29-Jan-13 18:51:20

I just lay DS on a muslin!

old tablecloth (one of those plastic ones) and an ancient towel I don't mind about. Those foam tiles from Tesco also very useful, as long as you have a towel/tablecloth under them!

spanky2 England Tue 29-Jan-13 19:07:25

Use metanium . It is in a yellow tube. ds1 had bleeding raw nappy rash and it did the trick. And no poo on the floor ! It is with the sudocreme and bedpanthen. Neither of these worked .

nice for them to have naked time anyway though - I love how their little arms and legs flail in pleasure at the freedom!

catkind Tue 29-Jan-13 19:41:42

Cover in a towel and do a bit of baby massage while you're there to relax him so he doesn't wiggle away?

bonzo77 Tue 29-Jan-13 19:41:55

On a changing mat. Towel underneath with corner folded over willy.

spanky2 England Tue 29-Jan-13 20:01:54

We couldn't have naked time as ds1 was like an uncontrolled hose pipe !wink

Lucylucy57 Tue 29-Jan-13 20:11:43

We just use a big towel. Yes he sometimes poos and wees but it's never terrible amounts and towel just gets a hot wash after. My DS loves his nappy free time before his bath.

oldebaglady Tue 29-Jan-13 20:49:09

"Cloth nappies?"
the worst rash (rash is too mild a word actually, more like BURNS) DC1 ever got was from cloth nappies!

PurplePidjin Tue 29-Jan-13 21:44:00

Ah, see that might have been a relevant piece of information to put in the op. Otherwise folk might assume you're part of the vast majority to whom that idea wouldn't occur hmm

FannyBazaar Tue 29-Jan-13 21:45:40

A muslin folded and wrapped around his wee waist like a sarong.

ceeveebee Tue 29-Jan-13 21:46:10

Have only ever done nappy-off time in the bathroom before and after bath - fortunately DS has not really had much nappy rash so not needed to do more

oldebaglady Tue 29-Jan-13 21:46:36

well most people just answered the question asked... without a full family history hmm

I hardly think I'm drip feeding here!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now