Is it bad to not wake up properly until midday with a 3 wo?

(32 Posts)
apachepony Fri 25-Jan-13 13:55:41

I've always been a late riser but is this bad? My 3 wo baby feeds constantly from about 10pm usually but from about 6pm yesterday, until about 1-2am, then last night up at 4.30 for about another hour, then again about 8.30 when partner did winding, nappy changing before going to work - and we both fell asleep again until just before midday. Really I should be getting up at 8.30 shouldn't I? But I feel knackered... Is it anyone else as lazy? Should I get up earlier for my own good? Not getting anything else done either as baby only wants to sleep with/on me..

Brices Fri 25-Jan-13 22:03:48

I used to set my alarm then wake baby up and feed them but only because I thought if I gave them calories during daytime they wouldn't wake me up as much at night time

BreastmilkDoesAFabLatte Fri 25-Jan-13 22:03:56

Enjoy it! And it'll be lovely for bonding, too, so nothing to feel guilty about..

WinkyWinkola Fri 25-Jan-13 22:06:04

You lucky thing. It's such a lovely time.

Who says you should be getting up at 8.30? You get up when you want....

BluelightsAndSirens Fri 25-Jan-13 22:06:23

Oh yes we slept between 9 and 11 and then back to bed for the afternoon nap togeather.

It's worse when they get older and you all sleep in past 3pm and you know they won't now settle at 7 and its all your fault because cuddly sleeps are so much over than any other sleep!

As long as you follow sensible sleeping with a new born and not sleeping on the sofa or in bed with pillows etc enjoy it smile

SamSmalaidh Fri 25-Jan-13 22:15:04

My sister's baby was like this - got into a 12-12 routine by himself, but my 4 months was nearer 8-8 (with feeds in the night of course).

NotSoNervous Sat 26-Jan-13 09:03:37

You would be crazy if you got up and didn't stay in bed!! Enjoy it. Soon you'll want to sleep and your DC will have other ideas grin

Congratulations

MannUp Sat 26-Jan-13 09:56:29

I am doing the exact same thing! My son doesn't sleep well so am staying in bed all morning instead. Glad I'm not the only one smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now