Tough day - feeling sorry for myself :(

(3 Posts)
Loislane78 Tue 22-Jan-13 19:17:46

I started with flu last Sunday and it's still lingering. BFeeding so just taking paracetamol; all the other flu drugs have never seemed so appealing.

DD who is only 5 mo came down with it on Friday and was v poorly over the weekend. She's on antibiotics and making a slow recovery. Waking up regularly due to blocked nose/cough, wants dummy but can't breathe with it, wants a drink but can only just feed, getting too hot etc. No one seems to be getting any sleep.

Due to the high fever her ezcema has flaired up making her irritable/v itchy and I've had to scratch mitt which she's not happy about sad

She hates taking the antibiotics so more going on her clothes than in I'm sure. V sicky and watery poop = 4 changes of clothes today.

I've got a sore boob so hoping its not thrush from the antibiotics as LO has white residue on tongue (although not elsewhere in the mouth).

My DP who was helpful over the weekend and took yesterday off work as i still feel pretty rough has now come down with man flu and this has just tipped me over the edge.

I normally love the snow but it's too bad near me to take the pram out just for a few mins for some fresh air which would normally cheer me up. It was -12 here last night so daren't take the sling as everywhere like an ice rink.

...... and breeeeeeathe..... Sorry about that, feel better now

winewinewine

Chottie Tue 22-Jan-13 19:21:38

Just take it day by day. You will get through this, it's an awful time of the year which doesn't help at all. Be kind to yourself and just do what needs to be done, rest when your DD is asleep. Just think that every day going by is one day nearer to feeling better.

Loislane78 Tue 22-Jan-13 19:33:02

Thanks smile

That was v self indulgent and feel bad after seeing some of the threads on here, sorry just needed a little rant!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now