35wks preg & feeling sorry for DC1 anyone else feeling this too?

(11 Posts)
CackleALot Tue 22-Jan-13 20:39:01

Thanks for all your comments, I'm sorry to hear that I'm not the only struggling but comforted by it too!

I thought I'd be able to enjoy this pregnancy more but guilt is not helping and a feel for those of you with SPD - awful.

The bus & bath are great ideas thanks, I too have been pushing crafts but even I'm bored of this now smile

Thankfully the weather is making me feel less guilty about staying in the house just now!

My DS has been groaning when getting up onto the sofa and saying 'oh I need a wee rest mummy'! blush

rrreow Tue 22-Jan-13 16:57:02

I'm 19 weeks now but my first trimester I was practically a dishrag. So sick, couldn't do anything (even talking was too much and would make me sick) and was feeling really badly for DS as he was really missing out on attention. No advice really just sympathy! I think we're programmed to always feel guilty one way of another wink

Queenie72 Mon 21-Jan-13 12:44:12

I felt exactly the same, and then felt guilty that I wasn't giving enough attention to either ds once ds2 came along, have decided guilt is he default setting for mum's!! Now ds2 is nearly 1 it is lovely to see them as 2 inseparable little friends !! As my mum said all the stuff you guys do with he children when she was little there were 6 of them and hey just used to entertain themselves. I actually found being pregnant with a toddler far harder than new baby and toddler. As my hubby said our sons have a fabulous life and so much love attention and stimulation the odd bit of cbeebie or DVD won't kill them! Look after yourself x

Can you manage to get in and out of the bath without too much pain? Sharing a bath, with plenty of bubbles and toys is a good way to pass the time. Toddler gets to splash about, and you get to sit and rest (well, sort of!) without feeling guilty.

Flowerydems Mon 21-Jan-13 10:52:04

I totally undestand, DS is 14 months (just about) and I can hardly get up off the floor at the moment and that's without SPD, just bad pelvis pain.
I've been trying to keep him entertained but don't seem to be doing a very good job, doesn't help that DS doesn't walk yet so has to be carried everywhere and I think he can sense the stress everytime I get up

Poor wee things, but then everyone keeps saying the best gift you can give a child is a sibling, so I'm hoping that's true.

xx

I felt so sorry for DS when I was pregnant with DD. He was 22 months old when she was born and still not sleeping through, so we were all exhausted. On top of that I was being monitored as the hospital were worried about DD's growth, so I was at the hospital 3 times a week for the last month.

The weather was awful (much like it is now) so we couldn't get out much, I was grumpy and stressed and felt like the worst mum in the world.

We did a lot of crafts, even though I hated clearing up afterwards, lots of sitting and reading, and, when all I wanted to do is sit and do nothing, (except cry from a mixture of guilt, worry and exhaustion) I resorted to Cbeebies. If I felt like we really needed to get out I'd get the bus into town- DS thought (and still thinks) that getting the bus then having hot chocolate and cake in town is the biggest treat ever. Would this be possible for you to do?

Me being hopeless for a good few weeks idn't seem to affect him in the long run, he and DD are (mostly) the best of friends now, 23 months on. I'm finding it easier this time around (DC3 due next week) as they can entertain each other.

FergusSingsTheBlues Mon 21-Jan-13 08:14:22

Im the same, 34 weeks, lively 2.5 yo to entertain. Ive been pushing the wonders of painting and crayoning, playing at bin lorries so he picks up all the toys off the floor for me, and have signed him up for a rugby class over the next month so he can let off some steam. Hes still at nursery 5 days though, only reducing that once baby comes.

Cupcakemummy85 Mon 21-Jan-13 08:08:27

I am absolutely there with u!! My dd is 18 months and I'm 37 weeks pregnant, also have spd, which I never had before with her. It's a killer. I broke down yesterday and just had a goo cry because of the pain and feel so bad cause I had to let dd watch a DVD in the afternoon and normally we r out doing lots of stuff. I understand completely how u feel!

Alamaya Mon 21-Jan-13 02:21:53

Hugs I had my son 11 weeks ago when my daughter was 18 months.

Those last 10 weeks of preganancy with SPD were hell. she wanted me up all the time, i couldnt get up half the time. I was exhausted.

xx

preggersshock Sun 20-Jan-13 23:20:19

Have no idea I'm afraid, am first time mum with dd of 12 weeks... I just wanted to let you know I hear your moan, I had spd through pregnancy and it was tough, can't imagine how that would be with a toddler! Ver cliche but hang in there, be over before you know it grin

CackleALot Sun 20-Jan-13 22:38:58

I'm 35 wks today and although pregnancy hasn't had any major problems thank goodness I've felt pretty crappy all the way through this time.

Have SPD this time round and just generally exhausted which means not much fun on my days off with DS who is 2.5yrs (still working 3 days at moment). poor wee monkey is so bored in house but I'm struggling to walk very far so going out is a bit of a nightmare unless someone else is with me.

My post isn't really a question, more of a moan really to anyone who will listen!blush

Any suggestions for keeping a toddler amused indoors also great fully received! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now