What would make your life Easier?

(55 Posts)
Richy2012 Fri 18-Jan-13 16:21:49

Hey Everyone,

I'm new to the site and love reading all your fantastic advice. So I put a question to you;

What product would make your life easier?

What do you think, A nappy bag that has room for a laptop or a birthday party kit that has everything you need.

Let me know

x

HelloBear Mon 21-Jan-13 15:09:51

Nanny to do bedtime so I can sit downstairs with wine

mancshell Sun 20-Jan-13 16:51:08

Spending more quality time with each of my children.

Convert Sun 20-Jan-13 11:48:01

x

Convert Sun 20-Jan-13 11:47:36

<woonders why Richy didn't come back> grin

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 20-Jan-13 10:59:09

The mortgage paid off. Does the nappy bag come with that?

MaMattoo Sun 20-Jan-13 01:48:27

A cook.
A babysitter
A wishing well
A pair of snow boots
A larger house
Storage
Parents on the same continent
A DS who is not terrible two but about 4 and independent

madwomanintheattic Sun 20-Jan-13 01:05:31

Aw. Poor Richy.

A clone, please. Or maybe two. We could all have a high old time if we split the crap in three. One of the me's could be the housekeeper, one the chef, and the other the childcare.

Feck.

I need three clones. I'd have to send the other one to work.

That way, everything would be done exactly as I wanted it.

Alternatively, I could clone dh a few times to do the same jobs. I'd whinge more, but at least it would get done.

I can't be arsed with staff. They have different opinions and standards, and everything.

AngelDog Sat 19-Jan-13 23:37:00

More patience. And an extra 6 hours a day.

RubyrooUK Sat 19-Jan-13 18:57:25

I want my mum to live close by.

AND a blow-up babysitter.

lorisparkle Sat 19-Jan-13 17:33:41

a machine to create an exact copy of me to do all the jobs the way I like them - a bit of a control freak here ..

skorpion Sat 19-Jan-13 17:05:44

Double number of hours in the day
Ability to survive on no sleep
Dust and grime-repelling surfaces everywhere
Triple quota of patience

SquidgersMummy Fri 18-Jan-13 22:52:51

Ivy that's funny grin....

Housekeeper. I fantasise about her often...what happened to me it used to be fit men and now it's a Mrs Doubtfire I lie in bed dreaming off...

Bibs123 Fri 18-Jan-13 20:57:40

a padded room, like at soft play to entertain DD and keep her safe so that i could turn my back for a second!

ivykaty44 Fri 18-Jan-13 19:37:33

I would adore a pair of scissors that can sew - I am hopeless - and it would save me getting dd1 to do all the sewing jobs

lljkk Fri 18-Jan-13 19:05:38

I would love a good pair of sewing scissors (muse). Feels too indulgent to simply go buy them.

An instant cure and forever prevention of cat fleas (other than getting rid of the moggies, obviously).

A magic wand to make my kids confident, well-behaved and cooperative.

The ability to multi-task (lost it when I turned 45).

A better sense of rhythm.

Something that made my teeth grow back, could remove all my fillings, wow!

For everybody else's kids to stop bragging about how they're allowed to do exactly what they like whenever they like however they like (DC tell me that's the case, so it must be true). When I were a kid, sometimes all we had to talk about was how our parents wouldn't let us do anything we wanted. How times have changed, or what!? wink

ps: I am so bloody middle-aged, aren't I?! Shoot.Me.Now.

ticklebug74 Fri 18-Jan-13 19:00:09

Housekeeper/nanny to do everything I do and should do so I can snuggle up on sofa with dc3 and breastfeed in peace. (but with an endless supply of tea and custard creams of course ).

In all seriousness I would pay someone (who had obvs been crb checked) to take my children to school and pick them up everyday. Like a babysitting service but for school runs only, I hate school runs!

MirandaWest Fri 18-Jan-13 17:28:26

A chef

Dededum Fri 18-Jan-13 17:28:04

Ooops - I only have 2.

Dededum Fri 18-Jan-13 17:27:41

2 less children

TaraTiger Fri 18-Jan-13 17:25:14

Staff.

Procrastinating Fri 18-Jan-13 17:06:55

Drugs probably.

Mintyy Fri 18-Jan-13 17:03:22

A cook.

PelvicFloorClenchReminder Fri 18-Jan-13 17:01:33

And a butler, to open the under the stairs cupboard door when the wormhole spins DS home from school, in case I'm on mumsnet and can't be arsed to get up.

PelvicFloorClenchReminder Fri 18-Jan-13 16:59:11

An underground tunnel to the school doors. Preferably with a worm hole so that it only takes two minutes.

x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now