Recaro Polaric

(11 Posts)
BanghamTheDirtyScone Thu 17-Jan-13 07:53:36

Thanks guys, no you were right, it is called the Mobi, I found it on Securatot website. Looks very good esp as we have no isofix.

I'll try and find the other topic - thankyou!

thing1andthing2 Wed 16-Jan-13 20:27:21

Ok maybe it's called the tobi. It's the rear facing version of the mobi. I would recommend it

destinationanywhere Wed 16-Jan-13 20:04:11

Hi you might want to pop over to the car seat section. There are lots if wise people who seem to know a lot about rear facing seats over there.

BanghamTheDirtyScone Wed 16-Jan-13 19:00:37

That sounds good. Is it a different version of the usual Mobi? Or can you just get a normal mobi and fit it backwards?

thing1andthing2 Wed 16-Jan-13 18:56:44

We went for the rf maxi cosi mobi which is great, smaller than the recaro Polaric and doesn't require isofix. I would highly recommend it. It fits in our avensis and you can sit in the front passenger seat but it is quite upright. We'll be buying a second one soon as our ds is growing out of the infant car seat (6 mo but 11kgs).
It's a shame Which don't review rear facing seats and when they do they always knock points off them for being hard to fit! We got ours fitted in the shop and just haven't taken it out!

BanghamTheDirtyScone Wed 16-Jan-13 16:15:32

Thankyou, wow, it does sound monstrous! The thing is it's not going to fit in our car anyway, which is small and has no isofix points, so would be for my parents' car, or if we did a car swap which has been mentioned.

I'll have to try it I think, they have a meriva. They might not want something so huge!

Thanks for the helpful response.

ReturnToPlanetVenus Wed 16-Jan-13 15:14:01

We looked at this seat - it is enormous. It is RF until approx 4. It was so big that it made our front passenger seat almost obsolete - it would have been enormously cramped for anyone tall. We went for a Be Safe Izi Combi instead, also RF until 4 but more compact. The Recaro looked v good and safe though if space not an issue.

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 16-Jan-13 14:04:06

That's ok, you might want to put a bit more info in your thread title, you may get a few more replies smile

BanghamTheDirtyScone Wed 16-Jan-13 14:00:00

Oh Gosh I did wonder. Sorry! It's a rear facing car seat.

I was thinking the people on here who know about RF seats and all that would recognise it - but I expect everyone else has just gone 'wtf?' blush

Thanks for letting me know

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 16-Jan-13 13:37:27

Have absolutely no idea what you mean.

BanghamTheDirtyScone Wed 16-Jan-13 12:03:09

Hello,

just wondered what people think of this - I've just ordered one as it says it's RF, but how long can you have it RF for?

Thanks x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now