Night time nappies

(11 Posts)
ninaelimad Wed 16-Jan-13 08:30:14

My son is 20 months old and for the last few weeks, every time I get him up in the morning, his vest and sleep suit are soaking from a leaking nappy. He is in Pampers size 5 nappies but they don't seem to be enough for him over night.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions re alternative nappies that may hold more?

Thanks!

AbsintheMinded Wed 16-Jan-13 11:36:40

Are you using the baby dry ones? I find them great for night time.

Or try going up a size just at nights?

redandwhitesprinkles Wed 16-Jan-13 11:43:42

Either use a bigger nappy or try a different brand. I find Lidl nappies very good and cheap!

cravingcake Wed 16-Jan-13 12:41:04

I have this exact same problem and posted almost an identical thread a week or so ago. Its so frustrating isn't it.

Some people suggested using two nappies, one on top of the other, which I tried for first time last night and no leak this morning but outer nappy was dry so he may not have leaked anyway.

I'm also going to try different brands too, I've got a pack of Huggies size 5 and they are a bit bigger than the pampers ones.

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 16-Jan-13 14:23:07

Try a different brand and if that doesn't work get one of the nappy covers they use with washables and put it over the top of his nappy.

QTPie Wed 16-Jan-13 15:36:14

Try Pampers 5+ - each time we moved up a size of nappy was because nappies were leaking in the morning...

Jenmcl Wed 16-Jan-13 17:58:30

We had this problem, moved to tesco night time nappies and they are great we found getting a bigger nappy made them leak as they didn't fit so well around his legs so leaked out of the top of the nappy....also, make sure his willy faces down as that can stop leaks?

blushingmare Wed 16-Jan-13 19:31:51

I have exactly this problem with my 7 month old. She is in size 4 and I can't imagine she would be any bigger as size 4 only starts at 7kg and she is only just over 7kg and not a big baby. We always "double bag" her, but often still get leaks. Have tried Pampers, Huggies and Naty. Tonight we're trying Boots own brand, so we'll see how that goes!

FrequentFlyerRandomDent Wed 16-Jan-13 20:24:04

Never tried it, but had anyone tried adult (incontinence) nappies?

They may do the trick as designed for a larger bladder.

I have this issue and am waiting with bated breath for a magical answer. She is a very big toddler so is already in size 6. Already Baby Dry. I will try the washable cover. I am sick of laundry.

ben5 Thu 17-Jan-13 05:47:35

i used to love the tesco ones

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now