When did you stop using a montitor?

(10 Posts)
mermaid101 Tue 15-Jan-13 20:24:54

That's it really! My DD is 15 months and my baby monitor seems to have broken. If she cries, I could hear her if I was down stairs and our bedroom is right next to hers. We have it on at night when we are asleep because I think it amplifies any sounds she makes. I think I'm just a bit worried she might cry in the middle of the night and we might not hear her.

Am I over thinking this?

BertieBotts Tue 15-Jan-13 20:25:46

Yes. Unless you live in a huge house and sleep on another floor/miles away then you will hear her. Through a wall, without a doubt.

whatsoever Tue 15-Jan-13 21:34:32

My DS is 3 months and we have never used the monitor while we are asleep (also in the next bedroom). We just open both doors a bit. I hear him almost too well!!

BeaWheesht Tue 15-Jan-13 21:36:32

Dd is 2 and we still use one but we can't hear her otherwise

PoppyWearer Tue 15-Jan-13 21:46:29

When did we stop using a monitor?

After DC1 was 1yo. When we moved house and forgot to plug the monitor in again.

We bought a luffly new monitor for DC2 which is unused but has all kinds of nice things it can do (apparently). DC2 is 16mo must remember to sell the monitors on eBay.

usualsuspect Tue 15-Jan-13 21:48:10

I never used a monitor. I could always hear my DCs.

bealos Tue 15-Jan-13 21:49:56

I think the only time you really need a monitor is in the Summer, when you might be out in the garden drinking loads of pinot grigio and the baby is asleep upstairs inside.

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 16-Jan-13 09:45:08

When dd was about 4. Dfil babysits for us sometimes and we stopped using the monitor when he got his hearing aids grin

mermaid101 Thu 17-Jan-13 18:01:52

Thanks for all these. We haven't replaced the monitor yet. DD had a very unsettled night last night and and we heard her without it. Loud and clear!

CitizenOscar Thu 17-Jan-13 18:15:01

When DS was one. We took it on holiday & then didn't plug it in when we came home. We always hear him!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now