4 year old suddenly wants to sleep in our bed - WWYD?

(27 Posts)
autumnskies Tue 15-Jan-13 13:51:08

That's it really. DD suddenly over last few nights been much more difficult going to bed. Last night woke up in early hours wanted to be in our bed - threw almighty strop. My default - not to give in to stropping, but that decision involved a LOT of lost sleep which I can't afford - and a lost battle when I fell asleep and she climbed in. I don't know what to do if she does it again. What would you do? My instinct is to try to find out why she's upset, but she can't articulate what it is - and is throwing lots of strops generally at the moment. Is it best to let her for a few nights - i.e. not have a battle I lose - and hope it settles down again (i.e. she goes to bed in her bed happy and then sleeps through). or am I going to regret that?

autumnskies Wed 16-Jan-13 21:21:20

I love the idea of DH falling out of bed

LAst night involved me in her room - but asleep. I have to say if it's a choice between being uncomfortable in her room or her in our bed, I'm wavering...

Tonight luckily she is so exhausted she conked out early....

The chicken pox thing has got me thinking tho....

MilkshakeMaker Wed 16-Jan-13 23:17:52

I forgot to shut the gate to ds's room and woke up this morning with him in my bed, didnt wake me up though so not sure what timee he came in!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now