In tears again

(36 Posts)
stargirl1701 Thu 10-Jan-13 21:58:49

Oh I need help. Baby is 18 weeks old and we're really struggling to get her to sleep. She just cries and cries.

We've tried rocking her to sleep, bouncing her to sleep, singing her to sleep, shhhhhing her while holding her, using a dummy, using a sling, using the pram - rocking and pushing.

She screams going to sleep and waking up from sleep. She has silent reflux and we are using Ranitidine for that. Her dose is reviewed every 4 weeks. She is now eating happily. We have no TV or radio on. The lights are dim.

Please help. I spent last night crying with her and feel like I could do the same tonight

Maternityleaveisawesome Fri 11-Jan-13 13:07:25

Stargirl I feel your pain. I hate that tired cry they do and you know it can be solved by the one thing they won't do!

Am hugely envious of your night sleeping. We are up 3ish times. Right now am hungry, but dd just fell asleep on me, so won't move until she wakes. (I reckon 10 mins max)

UsedToBeAPixie Fri 11-Jan-13 13:14:43

Does she sleep if you're walking with the pram? When DS was younger I used to make sandwiches the night before and walk him to the park at lunch the following day. I usually got time to stop for 1 sandwich before he woke up again, but he got a bit of a nap and I ate with both hands!
I also discovered that he will stay asleep if I go to Costa - I think because I walk him up and down busy roads all the time to get him to sleep, the espresso machine doesn't wake him. But any other indoor place, his eyes snap open...

mysweetie Fri 11-Jan-13 14:26:19

whoaaa,. that's too long poor mama, poor baby. I agree with co-sleeping she might be scared to sleep alone. A musical background also helps me with my DD (19mo) specially when she is smaller.

stargirl1701 Fri 11-Jan-13 15:17:40

I co-slept with her last night. She slept till 10am rather than 8am.

She's asleep again. I bounced her while I was on my birth ball. She went over after 10 min of crying. Woohoo! I'm just going to hold her. DH will be home from work soon and it 's his night to cook grin

stargirl1701 Fri 11-Jan-13 15:34:45

Awake. 20 min?

stargirl1701 Fri 11-Jan-13 16:52:31

Ok. So we just had the first eye rubbing. DH has taken her upstairs where it is dark and is pacing the floor. She is screaming the place down.

Could this be related to her reflux? It is same distraught screaming we got when she fed before she was diagnosed.

stargirl1701 Fri 11-Jan-13 16:58:46

Asleep grin Just 5 minutes.

Right, we are going to make sure it's as dark as possible for getting her off to sleep.

stargirl1701 Fri 11-Jan-13 17:59:15

Just woke. Crying.

But, that was a nap. Over an hour! grin

teacher123 Fri 11-Jan-13 18:27:58

Darkness is good! Black out blinds are your friend!

stargirl1701 Fri 11-Jan-13 18:49:14

We will be putting one up tomorrow!

stargirl1701 Fri 11-Jan-13 19:37:53

Oh Coola. That sounds awful. I'm hoping the reflux goes away when she starts eating solids.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now