Unrealistic expectations at 16 weeks old?

(4 Posts)
waterrat Mon 07-Jan-13 18:37:52

We didn't have any kind of regular routine until 6 months then it really fell into place. I would just aim for putting him down every couple of hours when he is tired - that will work out at roughly morning midday and late afternoon nap. Sometimes 4 naps in a day if they are not very long. The time they nap doesn't matter at this age I don't think - just as long as they sleep when they are tired.

Ameybee Mon 07-Jan-13 17:55:20

No she's not napped for a long time. I think sometimes his naps are shorter than they should be because he doesn't like being put down & until we've done some sleep training at 6 months.
Thanks for replying. Think we are in for a late one as he's asleep on me hmm x

ZuleikaD Mon 07-Jan-13 17:52:05

At 4m I'd expect three naps - around about 9ish, then after lunch at around 1ish and then another late afternoon - maybe 4.30ish. Does your 3yo still have naps?

Ameybee Mon 07-Jan-13 17:20:22

My DS Is almost 16 weeks and I'm getting my knickers in a twist about naps/feeds and routine.
Every day is different at mo - bedtime is different as are naps - time and duration. Night time sleep is pretty consistent in that he knows between 8pm ish to morning is for sleep. He's only been bottle fed for 2 weeks so I guess he's still getting into that.

Is this normal? Am I expecting too much? I have a DD 3 yrs so is stressing me out trying to fit naps etc round her too. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now