Leaking nappies (nighttime only)

(10 Posts)
cravingcake Tue 08-Jan-13 14:00:08

Its so annoying!

But a few good ideas so will be trying them all until I find something that works or he is old enough to be potty trained grin .

MiniEggsinJanuary Tue 08-Jan-13 13:50:00

We had this problem. I tried every nappy possible and I think that Huggies nighttime pull ups are the best! Good luck - it's a real pain isn't it?!

GaryBuseysTeeth Tue 08-Jan-13 13:46:02

Sainsburys dry-fit are the ones we find work best overnight.

Second the washable inserts (although they're only 'good' for 1/2 extra pees).

justalilmummy Tue 08-Jan-13 13:44:00

My ds had this problem hes a wee machine! I bought a pack of the next size up and doubled up did the trick

cravingcake Tue 08-Jan-13 13:41:09

Thank you for a few ideas, will look at trying them all. Of course sods law and all that, last night was the first night in ages that he didn't leak confused

tuckingfits Mon 07-Jan-13 21:18:37

I had this problem with both cloth nappies & pampers size ,even with a larger nappy over the top or with cloth boosters inside. We have solved it by using lidl size 4 nappies. Very rarely any leaks now.

myBOYSareBONKERS Mon 07-Jan-13 21:16:55

Try a different shape. I always used Tesco active fit day time and easy fit at night as the active fit were cut narrower between the legs and so didn't absorb as much

shoesontheglasslamp Mon 07-Jan-13 21:15:01

Washable inserts from one of the real nappy companies.

We use them with DS. You can get them narrow enough to go into ordinary Pampers, then I just machine wash.

Saved me a fortune in washing night clothes, bedding, sleeping bags..!

Maternityleaveisawesome Mon 07-Jan-13 19:45:07

Two nappies! One in a larger size over the top. And presumably you have a waterproof mattress protector?

cravingcake Mon 07-Jan-13 16:35:28

My DS is now 14 months old and for about the last 6-8 weeks, nearly every morning when I go in to him in the morning his nappy has leaked around the waistband, through his vest and normally his pj's are wet too (and sometimes the sleeping bag as well).

This has started around the same time that we moved from size 4+ to size 5 nappies. In the past when his night-time nappy had leaked we moved up a size and this seemed to solve the problem.

In the past I have also used cotton wool pads (the large oval ones) inside the nappy under where the tabs do up to absorb any leaks that way.

So any helpful hints or ideas are welcome in an attempt to reduce the washing pile. We use Pampers baby-dry 12 hour proper night time expensive nappies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now