Can't establish a bedtime routine

(9 Posts)
Iggly Wed 02-Jan-13 20:05:24

I mean wake him in the mornings.

Iggly Wed 02-Jan-13 20:04:35

Wake him up with everyone else. If it means he falls asleep quickly after, that doesn't matter as you're resetting his clock gradually. What happens at around 6/7pm?

ALittleBitOfMagic Wed 02-Jan-13 20:01:32

Sorry didn't mean to abandon the thread . He's 8 weeks . I know he's still only brand new but I am hoping to try and establish some sort of routine soon because it seems mad to have him feed at 11 but then sleep from 2-9 when he could be sleeping 12-7.

ZuleikaD Wed 02-Jan-13 15:41:27

It's very difficult to give any useful help without knowing how old he is.

3smellysocks Wed 02-Jan-13 15:26:04

wake your son at 7? Keep him awake till bedtime.

ZuleikaD Wed 02-Jan-13 07:33:59

How old is your DS? Maybe he just doesn't like routine (and if he's pretty new, ie less than 6 months, he can't form memories and therefore can't get into a routine) and what you did with your DD just suited what she was going to do anyway. If he wants to cluster feed in the evenings then I'd just go with that as it's the best way to get them to sleep.

Iggly Tue 01-Jan-13 22:13:02

Is this a newborn?

worrymonkey Tue 01-Jan-13 11:57:11

how old is DS?

i don't think i had anything other than story/feed/teeth/into sleeping bag and that started around 8/9 months.

sleep times seem to depend on naps for us.

ALittleBitOfMagic Tue 01-Jan-13 11:51:46

I'm really struggling to get ds into a bedtime routine . I do the same as I dis with DD and she was down at 11.30 and up at 7 every day . Ds isn't going to sleep until 2am and sleeping til 9am . I'm exhausted as I don't get to sleep til 3 and DD (who is now 7) still gets up around 7 . How do I get him to go to sleep earlier and get up earlier ?

Oh and happy new year lovely MNers !! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now