Tights for boys DS 15mo

(23 Posts)
MERLYPUSS Tue 01-Jan-13 20:43:07

My boys (nearly 5) have grey girls tights that they wear under their trousers especially when dog walking. I don't think jeans are warn enough and that's about all you can get for boys. When they were in the pushchair I couldn't stand that gap of shin that got wind burn practically so got tights from Primark. I had brown, navy and red. Now they fit in school tights.
They call them Bumpty Socks.

I want DS2 to have tights as he loves taking his socks off, but DH thinks they're for girls, but meh, they're so much easier to fit over a big cloth bum grin

Gingersnap88 Tue 01-Jan-13 19:14:56

Slugs & Snails do great tights for boys too. I think they are great, they keep them warm and are brilliant if you use a sling / carrier as their trousers tend to ride up.

DD often wears tights from the above as I wanted something other than flowers! She's currently got the toadstools and owls.

Don't let anyone make you feel odd or silly, it's their gender bias which is the problem!

upinthehills Mon 31-Dec-12 23:21:49

Mine all have long johns - still do at 4 & 6. Sainsbos always do them and the have a sporty band round the top.

Glimmerberry Mon 31-Dec-12 23:20:39

I like tights for boys too, my DS is 16 months, but husband is a bit hmm abouth them...

So I got lots of long johns from JoJo Maman Bebe instead -they are just footless tights and they are so cute.

www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/sp+stripe-leggings-or-long-johns+B5691?tyah=y

angel1976 Mon 31-Dec-12 23:15:41

Look no further! Little Titans Tights for Boys

P.S. They are a local company and I wished they did tights like that for my boys when they were little enough to wear them! smile

wavesgoodbye Mon 31-Dec-12 21:30:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Snusmumriken Mon 31-Dec-12 21:22:04

We call them party pants and DS wears them everyday.

HollaAtMeSanta Mon 31-Dec-12 21:21:57

If the other mums think your DS looks funny, explain to them that meggings are the next big trend, now arriving from New York. They will then feel silly and out of touch.

HTH grin

KateShmate Mon 31-Dec-12 21:16:27

Honestly, those boys eBay leggings that are from China and are stripey with little pandas on the bottom, are so unbelievably adorable that I wish I had a boy to put them in!
I do have 5 girls, but there is something about little boys crawling around in those adorable leggings that is just so cute! They are warm, don't ride up their ankles (like jeans) and are so much comfier than all other trousers!

readyforno2 Mon 31-Dec-12 21:11:03

This is the first year ds1 hasn't worn tights throughout the winter. He's 5.
He always called them leggings too. I don't see a problem if it means he's warm

WeeWeeWeeAllTheWayHome Mon 31-Dec-12 21:08:47

My two and a half year old has been in tights ever since he started pulling off his socks (weather-dependent of course!).

It's practical and warm - who cares what people think!

Elizabeth22 Mon 31-Dec-12 21:05:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lagoonhaze Mon 31-Dec-12 21:01:46

Alot of my friends boys wear similar esp when in slings. Be brave and bold and ignore the gender biased.

lovemynathy Mon 31-Dec-12 20:00:49

Thanks :-) I think they are cute too. I get brought them from my country Ukraine, and lots of people commented on how cute they look, they are specially for boys. But I had a remark that they are should be like underwear only so just wanted to find out really. We wear them everywhere and at home all the time, he never trips and the design does not restrict his movements. Anyway thank you for your kind comments :-)

Pascha Mon 31-Dec-12 19:05:39

DS has legging type ones with reindeer and noises and lions on the bums. Pic on my profile. He's 2.3 and looks very cute. Sod everyone elses opinion they are very practical and nice.

AloeSailor Mon 31-Dec-12 19:03:54

He has navy, grey and cream ones.

CinderellaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 31-Dec-12 19:03:33

I only have DSes and bought bold colours - would only "worry" about pink ones cos DS2 has a both gender name and wouldnt want to confuse folk more.

AloeSailor Mon 31-Dec-12 19:03:16

My 3.5 year old son wears them. He calls them leggings.

When it's cold DS (just turned 1) wears DD's old tights. We always buy her bold colours (red, blue, stripes etc) but it wouldn't bother me to put him in pink ones.

Orenishii Mon 31-Dec-12 19:00:12

I'd like some tights for my DS! They look lovely on babies of either sex. Do you just buy ones intended for girls but not girlie colours?

God, I swore I wouldn't but it's so hard not to conform to gender colours!

JollyGolightly Mon 31-Dec-12 18:06:41

Why does it matter what other mums think? My DS is sporting a pair of tights today, and pretty much every other day this winter.

lovemynathy Mon 31-Dec-12 17:55:59

Could u please give me your honest opinion, as people will not say it to your face. I love my DS wearing tights, he seems so comfy in them, also very often he wears waterproof trousers or all in one snow suit so I just put it on the top. What I mean is that I let him play in tights in the play groups, soft play etc. we have very cute tights with pics on legs and bum. Do you think other mums thinks that I make my DS look silly?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now