Is my 15 month old bored of spending so much time with me?!

(5 Posts)
lola88 Mon 31-Dec-12 17:27:37

Ds is the same he gets excited to the point of falling on his face trying to crawl over to DNiece (5) he never gets so excited with anyone else i think kids just have a way of interacting that adults just can't do. He just loves anyone that will talk to him his new trick is to point and wave to random adults shouting hiya while in his buggy so they will stop and chat to him.

He gets bored with me alone after maybe 3 hours

tory79 Mon 31-Dec-12 13:28:37

Yes Bonsoir, we do things most days, been at soft play this morning, and do classes and playgroup etc, but obviously around that he's just with me, dh is away a lot and often doesn't see him for a few days at a time.

He loves older children and adults, loves it when they interact with him and is also quite happy just watching them. I know that is a good thing, but its hard not to worry I am doing something wrong when he spends most of the day in fits of laughter with dsd and then I just get a few smiles and the occasional giggle!

yellowsubmarine53 Mon 31-Dec-12 13:22:19

My ds was and is like this - he's a natural extrovert who thrives on the company of others. It'll still be you he wants when he's ill or upset though.

I must say that on balance a child like this is much easier than one who almost refuses to engage with anyone other than you, which is what his dsis is like.

Honestly, make the most of him getting some pleasure from others and celebrate what a friendly, confident chap you're raising.

Bonsoir Mon 31-Dec-12 13:20:49

Yes, very possibly!

When my DD was a pre-schooler she used to get really upset when her half-brothers went home again - she just loved having other, bigger children to entertain her (and dote on her!) and found being on her own with me a bit dull in comparison.

Do you go to places where there are other children (parks and playgrounds and swimming pools) every day? Children need to see other children.

tory79 Mon 31-Dec-12 13:17:30

Over Christmas we have had people staying or visiting every day, and my dsd (7) has just gone home after a few days here. It was so noticeable how happy he was, particularly with dsd, loved playing with her, having her here, he just seemed to be laughing all the time!

Don't get me wrong, he's happy enough day to day (or seems it!) but it was really noticeable just how much fun he was having.

I think I just feel a bit meh really, can't help but think he doesn't enjoy his time with me that much.....even though we mainly do the same things!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now