Back to work - it will be ok, won't it?

(30 Posts)
lchats Sun 30-Dec-12 18:57:52

First day back to work on wed after a year off Still on mat leave with dd after a year off and due back to work on Wed. Im ready to join the adult world but feeling really apprehensive and very sad about leaving her 4 days a week... Just looking for words of encouragement to get me through new year without too many tears...

tazmo Tue 01-Jan-13 22:06:48

Will be fine - kids love nursery and playing with other kids. Good network as they grow up. Plus kids don't stay babies forever so you need to have a life post kids. I have to go back beg feb after dd3. Gr8 u could take the year off. I've only managed 7 months this time due to finance : o (

matana Tue 01-Jan-13 22:24:52

You will be fine and will survive, though you will have ups and downs. Going back wasnt as bad as I feared, but there are still times I get sad, like now when i've spent so much time with DS over Christmas. I went back last August and DS is now 2. I had some tears tonight at the thought of missing him tomorrow, though I'm looking forward to the break. Toddlers are hard work!

letsgetreadytoramble Wed 02-Jan-13 09:29:03

I'm sure you'll be fine - my little one thrives on other people's company and I know that he's going to enjoy being around other children while I'm at work. You'll probably notice a positive difference in your child. It will get easier, buy yourself a treat at lunchtime to help you get through the day x

lchats Wed 02-Jan-13 23:09:12

Hi all thx so much for the lovely messages - well we survived day 1 and as you all said the antcipation is worse than the reality I still feel sick about tom and the next day buy not nearly as badly. Work was ok could to be using my brain again although really tired now and b she was ok too, cried a lot but had more moments of happiness at nursery and gave me a big smile when I went and collected her. She is with my mum tomorrow so hopefully they will both enjoy that. Not sure it's going to be great but I can see we will
Manage think I'll be mess for next week!
Why do we have to make so many compromises and suffer so many hardships (I.e bfeeding!) as a mum!

Tolly81 Thu 03-Jan-13 10:51:41

Well done ichats glad to hear all went well. I'm using a mixture of grandparents and nursery for childcare too. Dd will be going to my mums one day then my MIL coming here another day. I'm just a tiny bit freaked out about having MIL in my house without me though! Worried she might clean (which would make me feel bad) or poke through out stuff....!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now