Am a mum!

(7 Posts)
Caroline2103 Wed 05-Dec-12 22:58:33

yesterday! my DS is 7 1/2 weeks and he was napping in the AM I heard him stir and I looked over him and he was whimpering, he looked so sad with his upturned mouth. I kissed him and he looked at me and smiled smile
It was in that moment I realised that this was it, my job will be too always make him smile. And i have never felt so blessed smile smile smile

Jayne266 Wed 05-Dec-12 22:32:35

Just realised I get that already your DS mum or worse DH wife.

MaureenMLove Wed 05-Dec-12 22:28:17

Not for about a year unfortunately. We were living with my mum, so I didn't have my own space to properly be a mum. I suppose it was when we finally moved into our house then.

Funnily enough though, 17 years later, she has just started 6th form at my school and suddenly, students now say to me, 'oh, your DD's Mum aren't you?' and I get shirty because I used to be just Mrs Mo, before she invaded my space! grin

Jayne266 Wed 05-Dec-12 22:25:26

Lol know what u mean!

FivesAndNorks Wed 05-Dec-12 22:06:23

Which was nice because as our first born I came out of hospital feeling as though they'd entrusted me with a very delicate exotic pet and expected me to keep it alive.

FivesAndNorks Wed 05-Dec-12 22:05:24

With dd it was when she was just starting to sit unsupported and she was upset once and sort of sat on my knee and snuggled into me.

With ds it was about 6 weeks when he played for the first time.

Jayne266 Wed 05-Dec-12 22:00:45

Hey guys feeling a little bit mushy here can you share with me when was it (what you or your little one was doing) that you realised you were a parent.
Like when it really hit you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now