Growing pains

(5 Posts)
iMe Thu 22-Nov-12 22:09:56

Help! Dd (3.9) is plagued with growing pains at night. She goes through phases of them, and we're in one of those phases now. Last night & tonight she's woken around 9:30pm crying with pain, one leg only. I know it's genuine, I can tell if she's making something like this up. So far we've been using calpol & wheatbag heated in the microwave & me massaging the leg... Just wondering if there's anything else out there we can try? A miracle cream to rub in or something? Thanks

MegMogAndOwl Fri 23-Nov-12 09:53:49

My ds suffers too, he's 6 and they're not so bad now. Or maybe he has just got used to it?

We used to do the same as you and give carpol and heat. We also used to massage the leg too as that sometimes helps.

Now he rarely needs calpol and will usually just put a thick sock on to warm his leg up. He often comes down in the morning with just one sock on grin

iMe Fri 23-Nov-12 14:14:53

Thanks for replying, meg. It's good to know they get easier with time...last night she was inconsolable sad

Ploom Fri 23-Nov-12 14:18:02

Ds2 has suffered terribly with them since he was about 4 but like the other poster, they seem to have eased off a bit now he's over 6. He's only had 2 nights with pains since August.

We just did everything you did - sorry thats not much help but just wanted to give you some sympathy.

NickECave Fri 23-Nov-12 18:42:17

My DD1 is 5 and has suffered with them since she was about 2 and now DD2 (2 1/2) has started getting them too. I've always given calpol and tried rubbing their legs and they usually go back to sleep after 20 minutes or so, although they'll often wake up again later in the night. Would be fascinated to know if anyone else has an answer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now