DS had his first morning with a childminder today...

(6 Posts)

and he was fine. No tears, happily played, ate and napped. He does none of those things for me hmm. Am I being silly to be just a little bit disappointed that there was no tantrum blush

WheresMyCow Fri 23-Nov-12 09:58:13

No, not silly at all. I thought the same thing the other week when DS had his first afternoon at Nursery - but he didn't even notice we'd gone until 3hrs later shock

browniebear Fri 23-Nov-12 10:07:10

I'm going to be leaving ds with a cm in the next few weeks and am just as worried he won't miss me at all as I am that he'll miss me desperately. Silly isn't it?
But tears are just as heart wrenching so well done your ds smile

Oh I'm very proud of him for going do well. He's always been a clingy baby so I expected the worst and he was fine. So glad it isn't just me blush

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Fri 23-Nov-12 21:00:24

Such a relief when they settle so well, think you're allowed a tiny pang envy wink.

HSMM Fri 23-Nov-12 21:17:00

I'm a CM and I had a little baby come for his first settling in session recently. When his mother came back, he was fast asleep in his cot ... which according to her schedule was exactly what he should have been doing. She looked so crestfallen that I almost wished I had kept him up grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now