How do I keep my toddler dry - outside

(6 Posts)
DeathMetalMum Thu 22-Nov-12 15:45:15

Dd will not let me put her rain cover on the pushchair, she pulls it up. She will also not wear a hat or any gloves or hoods, takes them off herself. Today we have been out in this horrible weather she has had a splash suit on in the puschchair but still ended up with soaking wet hair and freezing hands, abd its not that cold today. What can I do to keep her dry (and warm obv)? I would just go for walking but she can't do long distances yet and I am pg so can't carry her for long if she is tired.

YDdraigGoch Thu 22-Nov-12 15:50:45

If you're going straight home (ie not out too long), I wouldn't worry too much, if it's not upsetting her. It's only water after all!

Just change her and dry her hair as soon as you get home, or pop her in a nice warm bath if she's cold.

3b1g Thu 22-Nov-12 15:51:57

Zip her up into an all-in-one rainsuit and strap her into the buggy. We had to do this with DTs as they worked together to remove the rain cover every time.

3b1g Thu 22-Nov-12 15:53:29

Sorry, just read your post properly and see that you've already done what I'd suggested. She'll be fine then. Her core is dry and toddlers often don't seem to be bothered by cold hands.

I have to buy DD snowsuits with the fold down mitts - then she can't get her hands out mwah ha ha ha!

She has popper ones on her coat - yeah, cos they work hmm

Pyrrah Sat 24-Nov-12 16:22:05

I go out with a coat and hat for DD so I can invite strangers who tick me off to have a go at getting her into them themselves. If I have a massive fight and put them on her she just takes them off again as soon as we get on the bus.

She appears to not feel the cold and is unbothered by rain. Since she is never ill I just humour her - whilst wearing 2 jumpers, coat and wooly hat myself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now