Breakfast

(9 Posts)
Newmummy12 Sat 17-Nov-12 23:27:23

What are you giving your 6 month old for breakfast???

amazingmumof6 Sat 17-Nov-12 23:59:29

I generally use the advice in Suzannah Olivier's book "what should I feed my baby?"

however, at the moment my 7 months old DD has lunch & dinner and no breakfast.
she has a bottle (formula) at 7.30 - 8.00 am, then I have to do school run, then she has breast milk at 9.30-10-ish, then lunch at 11.30-12.00
I just can't fit breakfast in for her, we need to get 6 kids ready to go by 8.30!
but she's growing nicely, happy, healthy and has plenty of milk (formula & breast milk) plus the food.

In 2 weeks I can start her on breakfast (my mum's staying for 3 weeks, can't wait for extra help!) so I'll give DD cooked pureed brown rice mixed with different fruits, or other grains such as buckwheat or quinoa.
she can also have desiccated coconut

Pinotgrigioplease Sun 18-Nov-12 00:02:23

At 6 months DS had lunch and dinner but no breakfast. Now at 8 months he has wheatabix with banana and full fat milk in the morning.

TheNameisNOTZiggy Sun 18-Nov-12 00:16:06

Whatever I am having!
Porridge, yoghurt, toast, fruit, sausage, scrambled egg... He has tried all of these this week but at 6 months only as much as he wants off my plate. (he gets his own fruit)

Flisspaps Sun 18-Nov-12 00:20:42

Toast, mini Shreddies, crumpets, pancakes, banana - not all at once though, that's just greedy.

Check out the weaning topic (think its in the Feed the World section) and www.babyledweaning.com - lots of ideas there!

Turnip09 Mon 19-Nov-12 09:35:22

My DS loved ready Brek at that age.

Newmummy12 Mon 19-Nov-12 10:40:38

Thank you for all your posts my 6 and half month old has breakfast at 9 bottle at 12 o clock 3 o clock a jar at 5 o clock and a bottle at 6 o clock then bed but I was just wondering when I should start giving him a dinner aswell and what time you would recommend. :-) I am new to this site and I can tell u if I had it when my little one was born life would have been easier haha I love getting advice off other mummy's :-)

TheNameisNOTZiggy Mon 19-Nov-12 21:38:17

My 6mo LO tends to sleep through lunch and has no interest in tea at the moment so is having breakfast every morning but other meals are very hit n miss.
I was told "food until one is just for fun"! So over the next 6 months I'll just work him up to 3 meals a day. Taking it easy!

BertieBotts Mon 19-Nov-12 21:40:47

DS used to have toast or raisin/apricot wheats soaked in milk most of the time - he loved them! smile Bananas are good too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now