Recommendations for boys school shoes?

(12 Posts)
HalleLouja Fri 16-Nov-12 18:46:08

Ricosta seem to be doing well here.

Essexmamma Fri 16-Nov-12 16:43:20

George at asda are great and hard wearing. M&S too

Mandy21 Fri 16-Nov-12 07:54:54

Thanks all, keep the suggestions coming!!

Bobyan Thu 15-Nov-12 21:14:34

Kickers are pretty tough - you can get new pairs in eBay cheaper than the shops.

5madthings Thu 15-Nov-12 11:37:06

I get ricosta or geox or ecco for my boys, expensive but they last. And my boys are hard on their shoes!

Alibabaandthe40nappies Thu 15-Nov-12 11:33:50

I bought DS1 a pair from Startrite which are scuffed but still going strong and will I think last until Christmas - I got them from Jones.

YBR Wed 14-Nov-12 15:51:58

A friend of mine now buys DMs for her 12yo DS (size 9 feet I think).
Def. not cheap but the only shoes he doesn't destroy in about a month.

Mandy21 Wed 14-Nov-12 12:05:37

Thank you for those recommendations, sound great! Will get googling!

Mutt Tue 13-Nov-12 20:16:17
ObiWan Tue 13-Nov-12 20:16:17

Do you know, I bought an emergency pair of shoes from Deichmann for £8, and they are as good as any I've paid £40 for.

these

They did free postage too, but I'm not sure whether that was a special offer or not.

Mutt Tue 13-Nov-12 20:13:16

I go to Sports Direct now. Clark's don't last five minutes when they're playing football in the yard so I get plain black shoes from there that are far more suited to the wear they get and therefore last longer.

Will try and find a link to an example of the kind of thing I get...

Mandy21 Tue 13-Nov-12 20:09:03

Well the brand new clarks shoes, bought a day before the new school year started, are wrecked. So, my son's £38 shoes lasted 7 weeks. I'm not blaming Clarks - my 7 year old son has no concept on looking after shoes - there is too much football playing / tag / racing / apparently just dragging his feet around the playground going on to worry about shoes. I had to literally wring his socks out they were so wet from playing on the wet playground with a massive hole that has appeared over night.

So, I'm unlikely to change my DS' behaviour in the short term (although believe me - I am trying!!) but I'm not willing to spend £38 every 6 weeks.

Any recommendations for reasonably priced, robust shoes that might last more than a half term (or failing that, cheap as chips shoes that I won't mind replacing every 6 weeks!!!).

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now