Kids and werewolves.

(6 Posts)
Fuzzymum1 Mon 12-Nov-12 09:59:36

We had a similar issue with ghosts and DS3. We kept explaining they don't exist but I don't think he got it. We explained it using fiction and non-fiction books - he understood that non-fiction books were real things and fiction books were made up stories. We explained that ghosts are fiction, ie stories made up to scare people and he grasped that concept much better. When he has a wobble we remind him ghosts are fiction and it seems to help.

Twiddles Fri 09-Nov-12 20:13:55

Thanks for ideas folks, really like the fox idea !!
Cheers

CaseyShraeger Fri 09-Nov-12 17:59:32

Could you sidetrack her onto good werewolves? There's a series of books called Alfie The Werewolf, about a 7-year-old werewolf, that might be a bit advanced for her to read herself (although DS read them at 6) but you could read to her. The first one is called Birthday Surprise.

they are like cartoons for growns ups, not real just something for fun becasue some grown up like to be scared for fun, same as fairies (although that would never get admitted in this house.

colditz Fri 09-Nov-12 17:57:55

Tell her that the biggest predator in the uk is a red fox, which is about the size of a large cat and is terrified of people.

Twiddles Fri 09-Nov-12 17:55:42

How can i convince my 5 yr old DD that werewolves do not exist.
Since halloween, when she has heard some references to werewolves, the first thing she talks about in the morning is werewolves, and feeling frightened, she dreams about them, and talks about them several times in the evening, and i have tried to phrase it every which way i can possibly think of, that they are not real.
Any tips ???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now