On becoming Mary Poppins... Toddler and newborn support thread #2

(883 Posts)
ThePinkNinja Thu 08-Nov-12 09:38:53

A place to continue the complaining conversation about the hair pulling days and sleepless nights fun and frolics of life with a toddler and newborn

Loopyhasanotherbean Thu 14-Mar-13 13:35:48

Which baby jogger do you have? We don't have a buggy board, we just use car seat or a second buggy seat for ds2 and ds1 goes in a buggy seat too, but ours is the city select and I'm not sure if any other models can take two? I don't trust my ds1 to stay on a buggy board, not for at least 6 months I reckon (he is 28 months) but that's him....if he saw anything of interest he'd be off like a shot!

crazypaving Thu 14-Mar-13 17:28:52

I've got the city mini - definitely only a one seater! yeah my ds1 is the same age. it's a bit tricky! we've got a double but ds1's getting too big for it confused

debbie1412 Thu 14-Mar-13 22:12:06

Feel frazzled today, ds has taken terrible 2s to a whole new dimension and dd is starting to want to only sleep in her bed making it difficult to go anywhere for 2 long.
Wouldn't mind having a day off tomorrow, might phone in sick !

crazypaving Fri 15-Mar-13 09:38:29

Debbie yesterday was one of the worst days I've had. something in the water? ds2 will only sleep in the sling in the day which is doing my head in. it means I am unable to play with ds1 at all and I get so sick of having this limpet attached to me. all he did yesterday was scream himself sick and I just felt angry with him for ruining ds2's day.

I need a day off. failing that, an hour would do. I've really had enough.

crazypaving Fri 15-Mar-13 10:11:25

*ruining ds1's day. ds2's day obviously wasn't great either. wine for me pls

debbie1412 Fri 15-Mar-13 22:26:22

Crazy another shitter today. Thank fuck it's the wkend. I'm going to play with my little boy as much as possess he's been basically ignored all wk. did you say dc2 was sitting up?? I feel like that's a lifetime away for mine. Does it buy you anymore time??

debbie1412 Fri 15-Mar-13 22:30:18

Howz everyone else doing?? I don't moan all the time promise grin

crazypaving Sat 16-Mar-13 13:12:04

Debbie I seem to moan all the time!! doh.

ds2 is starting to sit unsupported but he's at the unpredictable stage where he'll go ooh, look at that over there and topple over onto something plastic and hard ds1's helpfully stuck under his head. but yeah he's much happier sitting up so I can glimpse some light in the tunnel

now if I can just figure out naps. ds2 wakes at 5 every day so he needs 4 naps a day hmm usually gets 2, 3 if he's lucky. by bedtime he's a delight.

debbie1412 Sat 16-Mar-13 20:31:19

Hello girls, 2 kids in bed, 4 month old spark out 2.6 year old making a rackets shouting 1234567891011121315181920. Potty training went brillant thurs/fri today it's gone to shit and terrible 2s def stepped up a gear. Thank god dp also got the brunt of it so its not just my lack of giving him attention. 4month old been gorgeous shes def going to talk before she walks as dan was the other way. I'm once again considering stopping breast feeding. I want my boobs back and more than 1 ( large) glass of wine at night.
Anyway just checking in. Hope you all have a sleep full night and restful Sunday x

debbie1412 Sun 17-Mar-13 07:40:38

Hello sleep regression thanks for ruining my sleep!!!

Offcolour Sun 17-Mar-13 09:40:38

Oh no Debbie! I'm dreading 4 months coz that's when everything went spectacularly tits up with ds's sleep. We had an awful night, ds poorly and puking between 1 and 3 so up changing sheets, clothes, sleeoing bags and then waking every 45 mins to an hour until 9am, even when in my bed snuggled into my shoulder. We have friends coming for lunch and I feel like the walking dead.

debbie1412 Sun 17-Mar-13 10:46:25

Off...the only time my son is sick is in the middle of the night in his bed. And worst of all you have to put a smile on and be sympathetic as its not there fault. Hope you have a better night tonight. I've resigned myself to surviving on little sleep again for a while. Fun and games x

Offcolour Sun 17-Mar-13 10:48:59

It was the little one being sick, poor little fellow! There's big milky yellow puke stains on the carpet in my room. Dd also is only ever sick in the middle of the night in her bed.

Offcolour Sun 17-Mar-13 18:29:14

Now dh and I are sick sad.

debbie1412 Sun 17-Mar-13 20:51:56

Oh dear, hope you pass it quickly x

Offcolour Mon 18-Mar-13 09:32:58

Thanks Debbie, we're all a bit better today and ds slept amazingly well ( I didn't, but at least I could rest). Dh off work and no sign of dd getting it yet ( touch wood).

Offcolour Wed 20-Mar-13 07:44:04

Oh Jesus, I think the four month sleep regression has arrived in our house tDs really difficult to settle, even during the night. My head hurts. How's your dd doing Debbie?

Askja Wed 20-Mar-13 12:59:03

Hello can I join? I have a 6 week old and a 23 month old. Just had a horrible few days with DD1 coming down with the vomiting during the night and then a temperature which scared me silly as last time she had that high a temperature she had a febrile convulsion (fortunately we seem to have got away without that this time). DD2 not doing great at sleeping either - I'm so tired! Please tell me the sleep gets easier...

DD1 has also started throwing a screaming tantrum every time I tell her she has to wait a minute for a cuddle beacuse I'm feeding/changing etc.. the baby. Feel so bad about that.

On the plus side the week can only get better from here surely...

debbie1412 Wed 20-Mar-13 18:55:19

Hey askja, that 6-8 wk part is rough it def does get better sleep wise x

debbie1412 Wed 20-Mar-13 19:16:20

Sorry that was a rubbish post. Struggling to get bedtime bottle down a teething baby that just wants to nor on the teet x

Offcolour Wed 20-Mar-13 20:22:23

So ds has decided we won't be having an evening any more. He's preferring to scream hysterically every time he's unlatched, let alone put anywhere near his cot. This is the same baby who was self settling every evening after milk a few days ago.. Totally, totally fucking sick of this. Sleep regressions and wonder weeks can fuck right off, along with vomiting bugs.

debbie1412 Wed 20-Mar-13 21:38:14

Has he gone off??

Offcolour Wed 20-Mar-13 21:42:09

Yeah, he did in the end thanks! Am off to bed, hopefully won't wake him up. Dh got him to go down, he just tries to feed if I'm there. Not sure of its growth spurt or wonder week or teeth or all of the above. Did you get your dd to take her milk?

debbie1412 Wed 20-Mar-13 22:01:46

She left 3oz so il be up again around midnight. Although I think it's becoming habit more than need for food x

jenbird Wed 20-Mar-13 23:39:57

Can I join just to moan please?
Everyday seems like a crap day. I have 4 dc's (7,5,2.10, 16 weeks). Baby will not sleep for more than 20 mins a time during the day. Poor ds2 is neglected but also being a bit of a shit so my desire to be a nice mummy is wearing thin. He poured baby oil over everything in his room today during a 5 minute period when I went to change a nappy. He got it from the bathroom and I think he thought it was water. I shouted "Nooo" (not at him just a general OMG no) so he got upset and then proceeded to hit me (he gets very embarrassed if he actually does something wrong). I am working part time in the evenings. My dh has flu. We are moving house in 2 weeks. All my children have been constantly ill since dd2 was born. Another ear infection for dd1 to deal with tomorrow.
I'd like a holiday. By myself!
Thanks for letting me moan x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now