Fantastic 40+ Mums

(1000 Posts)
Hpbp Wed 10-Oct-12 19:57:03

Mum of 2, DS1 nearly 4yo and DD2 almost 11 weeks. I hope to find here advices from experienced mums so that I can avoid mistakes... I made some with DS1 and my life sometimes is hell, it is hard to unlearn wrong behaviour, so hard.
At the time being, DD2 is a very sweet baby, she is easy to decipher, cries are always related to some kind of discomfort and I managed to learn what they mean, or almost. Only one issue with her ATM is that she rejects bottle feeding even with expressed milk. I'd like to be able to escape a bit from the house to get a haircut or a facial. And I am sure DH would like to feed her sometimes too.
I struggle a bit more with DS1, who is usually a good boy, energetic, happy and loving. But after school, getting him to take his bath is a battle and falling and staying asleep all night are big issues. The problems did exist before but now with the recent arrival of his sister, the intensity has increased. Or maybe they are the same but to me they seem bigger and need to be addressed quickly so that I can look after both without raising my voice.
All advice are welcome. I need help here.

Also I'd like to invite all the graduates from the Fantastic 40+ Mums to be thread to join. You have been truly fantastic and so supportive during my pg. I hope to be able to keep on sharing with you this wonderful parenting adventure.

Goatbongohohoandjinglejingle Fri 04-Jan-13 09:03:40

Knotty grin

littleredmonkey Fri 04-Jan-13 09:29:05

Hey gang. Feel loads better today had sleep of 8 hours broken by feeds but better and less stressy today thanks for all kind words. Sucks to feel knackered and fed up. I think the sudden change in diet to no carbs or sugar was a shit but been very good and no cheating. Did it all last year so I know the drill in my head everytime I get a food craving I do twenty squats hurts like hell so forget about food or leg lunges which ever. Done 9 miles of walking so far this week and weights and x trainer. Could hardly walk yesterday but pressed on up those hills.
Knotty. Gold star for hubby what a gem. Sleep is so hard when u do different stuff. Mine hates it hot u love it. Heavy duvet bliss.
Goat. Hats off to ya moving honey. Ps shut the garage door. I have managed a new routine with cleaning the house. Baby in cot mummy speed vac and dusts. Baby in swing mummy cleans kitchen and washing. Baby in chair with mummy for morning story today was about a robot. Back in ed for second breakfast and nap. Bingo house clean and tidy baby happy and mummy mumsnet time.
Go baby goat settling and in his own cot. Baby monkey has stopped the 6 hours sleep gone back to 4 hours bummer! !!
VQ. U have done an amazing job with liittle one he has been so poorly so u can have the whole sofa by the fire feet up and I will bring u a hot chocooate myself. Double cream. I know u are being good but sod it u deserve it honey
Hp. How did Anastasia sleep last night?
Eagle. It's nearly time. Cuddle up on the sofa watchable fab film have some favorite treats and relax. I know how you feel but baby eagle will be here very soon for cuddles

littleredmonkey Fri 04-Jan-13 09:30:52

Holy crap that was long sorry

littleredmonkey Fri 04-Jan-13 09:47:49

Midget. Have you settled back home ok after all the TLC you deserve?
ff & bythesea. Hows the sleep doing? Baby monkey sleeps well in his gro bag. It's a bitch when he wakes and he had peed through baby gro and bag. He also hates putting it on. Funny fella

It's official baby monkey love belly raspberries his face lights up when I blow and he giggles and boy what a giggle. Xxx

littleredmonkey Fri 04-Jan-13 09:56:52

Hp. When do u gone on holiday! I am so jealous sounds fab. Sunshine. Swimming. Nursery. Sleep more sunshine. Lovely food
I want a blow by blow of everything on your return.
Goat. When do u go to NZ. Also jeAlous. The beaches stretch for miles and miles. I was born in Auckland my mum and dad loved it. I live in Lincolnshire so not exciting but did live in Hong Kong and have travelled all over before baby monkey. Would love to have seen Japan before but he ho may still get there

Goatbongohohoandjinglejingle Fri 04-Jan-13 11:54:43

lrm you make me hang my head in shame...

bytheseaside Fri 04-Jan-13 12:30:35

lrm shock

we're apparently back to newborn 1-2hourly feeds through the night ...

feel a bit ill today, hope baby s doesn't get it. may stay in bed and watch films smile

littleredmonkey Fri 04-Jan-13 15:13:18

Bythesea. Hope u r ok honey? Nothing worse then feeling like shit. Sorry to hear about all the feeding must be knackered. We thought we was in luck with six hours but that has gone to pot never mind. Hope it is only a growth spurt and u have a restful weekend
Just done my hour walk the sun was so bright baby kept waking so sleeping with him on my chest so he gets some sleep quickly or I will have one cranky baby

blueblackdye Fri 04-Jan-13 15:32:34

Oh, it seems that our babies are all being cheeky at the same time. i had a better night with Anastasia but her brother wet his bed at 5am and did not get back to sleep, the evening will be interesting....
Lets just think tomorrow is a different day and they will be angels again
Xxxxx

littleredmonkey Fri 04-Jan-13 15:56:46

Echo bbd statement. Weekend is baby angel weekend

littleredmonkey Fri 04-Jan-13 20:03:39

Bbd. thanks for the pictures of Anastasia and little fella. They are both gorgeous. Lifted my spirts yesterday. Xxx

Midgetm Fri 04-Jan-13 20:27:59

I've been very bad and forgot to email pics. Will do it this weekend. I have also been very bad and made Mary berry's chocolate log and I now feel like I may be sick. Diet really does start monday blush

10000Fireflies Fri 04-Jan-13 22:40:15

Had a couple of moments today when I felt guilty for not keeping up with you all in the past day or so, after my deluge of posts the other day. I don't know how you find the time to keep up with the thread.

VQ I was worried for a minute when you mentioned star jumps and celery! Midget if there's any chocolate log left, do feel free to share amongst those of all chilling on the sofa. grin

I have managed to let my eating get out of control, but actually my tubby tummy/chest is kind of comfy when I curl up on the sofa. In any case, Baby FF likes bouncing on it, so I would be depriving him of his first trampoline if I get of my a**e and lose it. smile Oh my, it's only going to get bigger - DH gave me a kilo of chocolate for Christmas and I ate rather a lot of it today along with some biscuits left over from Christmas. O Oh.

Feel better for that confessional! My exercise class doesn't start again until the week of 14/01 which I am a bit worried about.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one here who's a big softy and finds it diff not to snuggle up with LO in own bed instead of making them stay in cot.

Been trying to make a start on the piles of mess here. Is going to be a long, slow process, but at least have started. DS a little less poppety today, so hopefully we're on the up. I'm aiming to get that routine licked a bit better next week, and start phasing formula back in.

Sweet dreams all. love, flighty firefly. xx

littleredmonkey Sat 05-Jan-13 04:20:14

Ff. Could go for a bit of that choc right now while feeding. My pudding was a shite orange and fat free yogurt. Losing weight sucks! !!! Ewan the sheep says I should have some choccy. I think he needs an outfit a cape prohaps and a hat

littleredmonkey Sat 05-Jan-13 04:22:40

Ps my trampoline is huge! !!

Goatbongohohoandjinglejingle Sat 05-Jan-13 04:41:04

lrm I am here too in the middle of the night. Let's run away together to the chocolate shop. I would like one of those lemon truffle bars. I am a sucker for lemon and chocolate.

What IS this with BG and his sudden decision of late that the day begins at 3:30 in the morning?? hmm

littleredmonkey Sat 05-Jan-13 06:39:37

Note for BG the day starts at 9. After 10 hours of bliss filled sleep all coated in lemon chocolate be a good boy for mummy

littleredmonkey Sat 05-Jan-13 08:30:19

We had a better sleep. Question. Do any of you wake your little one for a feed? we have been feeding at 7ish sleep by 730 then we wake him at 10:30 for a feed he sleeps till 4 then feed then sleeps till 6. Does anyone think I should leave him to wake or keep the routine we have.

10000Fireflies Sat 05-Jan-13 09:40:37

Sounds like Ewan the Sheep has some sensible advice to impart!!

Oh goodness, starting the day at 3.30am? That is a bit of a mare Goat.

LRM I have been advised 'never wake a sleeping baby'. You could see how you get along if you drop one of those. Can't remember how old he is. If no weight issues why not give it a go?

Nothing much to report from here. Have a god Sat everyone. xx

10000Fireflies Sat 05-Jan-13 09:41:17

Meant good Sat rather than a holy one!

blueblackdye Sat 05-Jan-13 09:43:04

Good morning ! Had a better night too, both kids went down at 7.30 and DS woke up at 6.30 and Anastasia at 8. Feel much better. Can't see what was different from the day before though...
LRM, why change the routine if it works for you ? When baby M is a bit older, you could try not to wake him for the 10.30 pm feed and see if he can sleep until 4/6 am ?! Of course, this is if his weight gain is good.
I tried dream feed with Anastasia a few times at 11pm, but it did not change massively her pattern so I gave up and let her sleep. Last night I heard her waking up and chatting at 1.30am, I stayed in bed, eventually she fell back asleep, I think I fell asleep before her actually, bad Mummy !
VQ, did you manage to get some rest ? Has J fully recovered ?
Seaside, how is your little girl ? And you ? Better sleep, less feeds ?
Midget, you are tempting every one, naughty, naughty !
Have decided to create menu for the week so that I know what to buy and eat, to avoid comfort food, hum chocolate and biscuit. It is not a proper diet, it is more paying attention !

Midgetm Sat 05-Jan-13 10:20:26

Runs in with Ewan dressed in a cape and distributes chocolate log to one and all. Temptress has to report it was bloody lovely. Too much red wine last night and my head hurts - almost looking forward to the diet as I am stuffing myself so much! Glad Anastasia slept better but ticking off to the animal babies (you know who you are goats and monkeys) for keeping their mums up. Moved midges bed till after bath time last night and seemed to go down well, he woke himself for a feed about 9 and I gave him a dream feed at 11. I am a fan of the dream feed LRM but if I am too tired I sometimes drop it. Right think this little one needs sleep again and I need to eat. Big waves to one and all.

Midgetm Sat 05-Jan-13 10:38:59

Did I mention I now have a Ewan? I think I may marry him. He helps me sleep too.

littleredmonkey Sat 05-Jan-13 15:46:25

Yeh go ewan! !! He has many brothers xx

ValiumQueen Sat 05-Jan-13 16:53:44

Wake a sleeping baby at night to feed? <<laughs hysterically whilst being dragged away by the men in white coats>>

This thread is not accepting new messages.