10 mo will not go to sleep on his own and wakes 2/3 times a night

(6 Posts)
LorLor35 Thu 04-Oct-12 14:30:39

He naps twice a day for childminder, once in morning for an hour and after lunch for 1.5 hours. He sends himself to sleep with her no problem. But come the evening when we put him down he screams and will not settle without back rub, shushing. We have a great nightime routine, bath, story, bottle, bed.

Why does he settle for childminder but not my husband or me??? Also wakes up several times for milk during night. Please Help!!!

madwomanintheattic Thu 04-Oct-12 14:39:43

How much is he really sleeping with the child minder? grin

Ds1 was still feeding every two hours day and night at that age, so I can't help. I just stopped feeding him at night tbh. He didn't bother waking up after that. He was 10 mos when I cut off his on tap milk supply during the silent hours, and he slept through every night after that.

cloudhands Thu 04-Oct-12 16:10:36

just posted this on another thread, it's a brilliant article which solved by DD's sleep problems in a couple weeks.

Helping Children Sleep

Rubytaib Fri 05-Oct-12 11:55:38

Hi iv noticed with my lil one that shel fall asleep on her own during the day naps but at night it seems to be a struggle of rocking her to sleep. This only started this week though as she has got the flu. Maybe your lil one is ill too.

Rubytaib Fri 05-Oct-12 12:01:36

Hi I read that article but I am a bit confused. How did u do it.

cloudhands Fri 05-Oct-12 12:49:19

hey Ruby, what confused you about the article?

the way I did it was by holding my daughter as we co-sleep, she would cry a it and then fall asleep. I didn't use any prop such as dummy, feeding or rocking. I just held her.
This is so she can relax, and cry to let go of any emotional tension, that is keeping her from falling asleep. You could perhaps do the same, over the edge of a cot, just reaching out an arm for your daughter and then reassure her that she's there. (If she cries a lot pick her up) and then if she stops crying, put her back down.

Does that make sense?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now