What are your toddlers going to have for tea please?

(57 Posts)

Inspiration fail....

bigkidsdidit Wed 10-Oct-12 19:28:50

Mine had quiche, cherry tomatoes, olives, a slice of ham an a piece of bread and butter

NapOfTheDamned Wed 10-Oct-12 19:31:24

Beef mince,broccoli, jacket potato with cheese, tomato sauce
Or if I get time, proper spag Bol sauce but no pasta, just broccoli and potatoes.Hates pasta

BikeRunSki Wed 10-Oct-12 19:37:09

DS had Shepherds Pie at nursery.
DD had home made pea soup, cheese on toast and a crumpet and jam.
DS then had 2 pieces of toast, 2 bowls of cereal, an apple and a pint of milk! I'll book my appointment at Clark's now...

coldcupoftea Wed 10-Oct-12 19:39:55

Gnocchi with pesto and grated cheese, with broccoli. Sounds odd, but they love it and it's quick!

Woodlands Wed 10-Oct-12 19:53:07

Mmm gnocchi...

DS had sausage and green lentil casserole left over from our dinner last night - he loved it! He didn't eat the accompanying broccoli but the casserole had tomatoes, onions and carrots in it so he did OK for veg for a change. He then also had some sliced banana, Greek yoghurt and honey. He then had some grapes. And a rock cake... I think it was a hungry day!

xMinerva Wed 10-Oct-12 20:21:36

Tonight: leftover chicken bake (chicken cooked in garlic and onion in a creamy white sauce then topped with sliced potatoes, then stuffing then melted cheese) with carrots/peas/broccoli.

Tomorrow: Baked salmon with stir fried noodles and veg. Quick and easy.

xMinerva Wed 10-Oct-12 20:30:58

Ds1 would quite happily live on pasta, veg and fruit. Tonight he will probably eat all his veg and ask for more but not eat much of the chicken bake.

Ds2 doesn't really eat veg at all although he doesn't complain about having it on his plate so he gets it with every meal. If he tries some then great, if not I just take the plate away when he's finished. I don't fret or stress and since doing this he has started at least trying more even if not completely eating it. Tonight he'll probably eat all the chicken bake but have 1 piece of carrot ( which he'll chew and spit out) 3 peas, and a lick of broccoli. But it's progress, 6months ago he wouldn't have even done that. He's just turned 2.

He will quite happily eat spaghetti in tomato sauce though which I actually put in a blender (the sauce not the spaghetti) with grated carrot, spinach, peppers, onion etc so I give them that once or twice a week so I know he's had some veg at least.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now