Baby carrier for older babies

(15 Posts)
mysweetie Sun 20-Jan-13 07:50:26

I didn't know about this on my previous but seen this that might help. Action baby carrier toddler version,.weight limit is 15-45lbs. Hope this helps!

www.actionbabycarriers.com/shop/toddler-carrier/

mysweetie Sun 20-Jan-13 07:50:03

I didn't know about this on my previous but seen this that might help. Action baby carrier toddler version,.weight limit is 15-45lbs. Hope this helps!

http://www.actionbabycarriers.com/shop/toddler-carrier/

chimchar Thu 20-Sep-12 18:31:18

Ergo here too.

There is a soft structured carrier made by rose and rebellion which has awesome fabrics.

I'm tempted to have another baby so I can buy another carrier!

Frakiosaurus Thu 20-Sep-12 18:25:07

Ergo! or a wrap

And your little one will love a back carry smile

totallynaive Thu 20-Sep-12 18:21:14

Recommend the Deuter back carrier. Very good for your back, very comfy, very light, and my ds loved it and was always falling asleep in it as well. You will be pulling your back out carrying a toddler on your front at his weight, I promise you, and you do not want to find yourself immobilised doing your job.

FeralGirlCambs Thu 20-Sep-12 17:49:13

Blimey, could you really still manage the Babybjorn at 22lbs? You must be super-strong! We have a Littlelife backpack, the smallest one, which is great and my back is really thanking me. DD loves being high up too. Great for longer walks, pub crawls etc (see wine thread above wink )

OstrichSized Tue 18-Sep-12 15:39:03

Mei Tai. Very comfortable on my back and hips.

KatAndKit Mon 17-Sep-12 20:30:49

As said above forward facing is not optimal position. Also with a heavy baby forward facing will be bad for your back - wrong centre of gravity and all that. You are better off putting him on your back which you can do with a manduca. I think you can get toddler connectas aswell and babyhawk do a toddler version.

mysweetie Sun 16-Sep-12 16:13:23

I also carry DD facing outward before until I had checked on this site posted in some forums...
http://www.hipdysplasia.org/developmental-dysplasia-of-the-hip/prevention/baby-carriers-seats-and-other-equipment/

I had an Action Baby Carrier, i think it doesn't support forward facing though DD loves it too..Hope this helps! Goodluck.

diyqueen Sat 15-Sep-12 21:56:32

Have you looked to see if there are any sling meets near enough to you to get to? Then you could try out a few different ones to see what you like. I've had an Ergo since dd was 4mo, she's now 18mo and I use it far more than the pushchair, been carrying her mostly on my back since she was about 10/11mo. I know someone with a Patapum who likes that for her toddler too.

Fizzylemonade Sat 15-Sep-12 20:44:34

I had an Ergo and loved it (similar to Babyhawk snap) I also had a mei tai but got sick of tying it. Carried ds2 till he was 3 years old.

Zoidberg Sat 15-Sep-12 20:39:11

Babyhawk snap, still going at 3.6 years smile

Iggly Sat 15-Sep-12 20:33:31

Manduca!

Wormshuffler Sat 15-Sep-12 20:33:15

I'm on a back carrier now, the tony ones with the additional rain/sun canopy are great. Easier to carry than the front carrier too.

SuperDuperTrooper Sat 15-Sep-12 20:28:31

My DS loves being in his baby bjorn carrier but he has just gone over the recommended maximum weight for it, 22lbs. I am looking to buy a new carrier for him and wondered which ones you guys have and recommend? He likes to be forward facing which I know not all carriers are able to do. Thanks for your thoughts!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now