moshi bloody monsters!!!

(21 Posts)
beujolais Tue 11-Sep-12 09:48:53

Anyone out there about to commit hari kari due to overdose of anything related to moshi monsters? be it cd, website, cards or figures. SOS!

NoWittyName Tue 11-Sep-12 21:56:51

Hate to say it, but compared to most other child websites I think Moshi Monsters is great!! Love the mini games and daily challenges on the site. (We love the lunch cool box and drinks bottle for school!)

beujolais Wed 12-Sep-12 09:21:06

I take it you haven't been tortured with the album then? My son loves the website and pesters me to go on it constantly. Yes you're right about the challenges, my son loves a challenge and adores the mini games. Would be nice to have a break from them though! Do you remember the gogo things that the kids used to collect? He has hundreds of the buggers gathering dust in a box somewhere, he used to blow all his pocket money on them!

CatsInChaos Wed 12-Sep-12 11:19:40

My DS is just getting into moshi monsters. this is after going through the club penguin phase and also the bin weevil phase.

<wonders what the next craze will be>

ByTheWay1 Wed 12-Sep-12 11:22:33

I have 10 and 11 year old DDs - they are still into them - the little plastic bits of tat that don't half hurt if you stand on them!!- though the website of choice is now Moviestar planet, rather than moshi... (we went through club penguin too...)

GooseyLoosey Wed 12-Sep-12 11:23:51

Oh yes, sympathy from me. We are suffering from Moshi overdose here. All I hear is "xyz is ultra rare - I want to find an xyz". Have you seen the price of the things? Pounds and punds for useless lumps of plastic and dd wants to spend all of her birthday money on then.

CatKitson Wed 12-Sep-12 11:30:36

Mine have moved past moshi and now love Animal Jam (National geographic online kids game in much the same vein). As long as they dont spend too long on it, I dont mind. Their typing skills have improved a lot, and I even got dd writing a report on golden lion tamarins to try and win a competition on there.

beujolais Wed 12-Sep-12 11:32:39

Hahaha, if i hear ultra rare once more! He's determined to get hansel at the moment which admittedly is a very cute little gingerbread man but i try to discourage him from blowing all his pocket money on them! These phases are not half expensive. Have you been subjected to the album? Aye curumba!!!

My two love them, it is the first time they have really shared an interest and they are playing all sorts if brilliant imaginary Moshi related play, they are also pooling pocket money to buy them, so I'm all in favour of them. We registered on the website a couple of weeks ago and they have omly been on twice but they love the ipad apps. The figures are really expensive though, £2 for two whereas gogos where £1 for 3 IIRC. DS has about 100 gogos and he had had hundreds of hours of play out of them, they have been one of our most used toys.

beujolais Wed 12-Sep-12 11:41:13

That's nice that they have a shared interest so they can bond over them, gives you a bit of peace too i imagine! My boy is obsessed, he wasn't as passionate about the gogos though he collected hundreds of them. Don't let them talk you into buying the cd, for your own sanity! The figures are very pricey indeed.

I've heard bad things about the CD from a friend. So far they haven't discovered it, although they are always browsingAmazon for Moshi stuff. Luckily they can't afford it as they can't resist buying a new pack of Moshlings every week as soon as they get their pocket money.

beujolais Wed 12-Sep-12 11:52:15

Make sure it never enters your house! My friend burned it on a cd for my boy and when he played it i thought she must hate me and want to make me suffer! Haha, he actually knows all the words to the songs and when he sings them he sounds like he's inhaled a can of helium.

GooseyLoosey Wed 12-Sep-12 12:02:21

Didn't know there was a CD - will be keeping that fact from dd. However, she has managed to find hours of footage in You Tube of people acting out stories with Moshis. She loves it whereas I could gouge my eyes out with a spoon.

beujolais Wed 12-Sep-12 12:05:52

Haha, i'll keep that one to myself i think! Don't think i could bear that. He used to love watching funny lego shorts on you tube but i had to take care not to put any x rated ones on accidentally!

DD is a HUGE Moshi fan. She kicked all the figures out of her elc Snow Queen Palace and has it set up with moshlings now.

Compared to Rainbow Fairies though Moshi wins every time.

NoWittyName Wed 12-Sep-12 19:15:03

Lol to all of these messages. Not sure how the CD has stayed out of number one's radar, but from your comments I'll make sure it firmly stays that way!

We don't have the CD, but somehow my two know all the songs hmm, managed to talk DS out of spending all of his birthday money on them but he pestered me so much I've just ordered a pack of five series 4 (very important!) on Amazon. He is definitely paying me back.

shhaaaa Shaaa laaa laaa shaaaa laaa laaa laa laah Shaaaa laaa laa la

Drives me crazy...everytime we are in the car...and then I can't get if out of my head for hours.

Ohhh...and Big Bad Bill...the other favourite.

beujolais Wed 12-Sep-12 21:08:47

Yes my boy had a preview of the new moshlings and was overcome with excitement! Oh my big bad bill, all i've heard today is that one "his hair's too long his hair's too long! HELP!

Oh god...I forgot about the hair's to long one

beujolais Thu 13-Sep-12 16:05:39

Haha, ye gods!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now