Back in the Zoo for new adventures with old friends

(1000 Posts)
CaptainNemo Tue 13-Dec-11 16:25:20

Come on over animals, I think we'll be very comfy here smile

I was wondering who turned the lights out!

gomurray Tue 29-Jan-13 19:01:04

Moomin so sorry to hear about your MIL - how is everyone bearing up ? How have the children taken the news ? Hope you ok mrs xx

Buddha what are men like !? Imagine not asking when results will be back FFS ! Maybe we are just a bit more organised/controlling - but a woman would never forget to ask ! Hope they bring good news.

I had consultant appt today to get recurrent MC bloods results. Only half had come back sad so we know that chromosomes are ok for both of us but no idea about clotting - grrr... He said that doing the hormones was pointless and doesn't understand why the GP bothered hmm. He basically said that clotting results wil be back in about 2 weeks so he will write to me by April (chase him if he forgets !) Bl00dy April !!! The appt itself was awful as he had a pile of notes which he hadn't bothered to read so i had to go through everything that had happened - ended up a blubbering wreck sad. He told me noting that I didn't already know - i.e. you have had 2 "successful" PGs so you will prob have another one soon. Easy for him to say. He thought low progesterone was nonsense, hormone tracking a waste of time and basically was very black and white about it - PG either works or it doesn't ! I feel so elightened !!! Feeling a bit of an emotional mess about it all - going to crack open the wine later as just fed up with it all. I know I should be happy that there is nothing wrong (so far) but just feel so low that he was so matter of fact about it all and I am no further forward sad. Sorry will come back when cheerier.

BuddhaBellyXmasBaubles Wed 30-Jan-13 08:06:36

Murray hmm it's like a carbon copy of our referral more depressing than motivating hmm Sorry it's not what you expected/ wanted. A bit of empathy wouldn't of hurt angry
Moomin How are things with you?
Marbles You ok my lovely? How are things with S?

Dh should get results today, feel a bit sick shock Not sure what outcome I want really a) Huge problem unable to conceive would mean we have no decision to make b) No problem,back to square one (probable outcome) c) Small problem fixable (highly unlikely)
Already feeling emotional as last pg woman at work gave birth this morning. Just feel deflated that we're still plodding on getting nowhere whilst they started ttc after us and now have gorgeous babies <sigh>

I'm holding you hands! Xxxx

BuddhaBellyXmasBaubles Wed 30-Jan-13 12:39:30

Well results are back and all ok, which I knew they would be. Means we're back at square one, no reason for not conceiving, nothing to fix just try try and try. So p**d off to be honest, can't feel positive. Will go back to gp for next step which is hospital referral

afternoon ladiessmile

buddha good news that the results are back but poo that things are no different...i know how you feel with the Pg women thing...my friend started TTC#3 in 2008 and now has #3 AND #4 and i have no more children...its crap!

murray your appointment sounds quite similar to my own...i came out feeling deflated as i had been hoping for a helpful consultation and came out with a bolld test repeat form and an encouraging 'keep on trying'hmm dont get disheartened though...chances are you will get your BFP before your next appointment (fingers crossed)

pickled so sorry to hear about your MILsad how is D L and J taking it? and you of course {{{{{hugs}}}}

S ia doing ok at the mosmile her appointment with the Endocrinologist is on 4th feb so we should know more then...DH and I are still sort of TTC but not really IYSWIM im back on my diet as it is my DB and SIL wedding this year so i want to look FABULOUS rather than FLABulousgrin

Mornings ladies

We're not doing too badly, thanks. L teary at times but that's to be expected. I was really feeling the strain of looking after the kids without support (my parents and siblings very rarely help or see the kids unless I make the effort) last weekend but I think I'm back in control now. Funeral is Wednesday and then we're going away the following Monday with C. I'm really looking forward to the break!

I can't remember everything written before (silly app) but clear test results are fantastic and I'm sure we'll be seeing some BFPs very soon. No making me broody!! wink

Good luck for appointment tomorrow Marbles. Let us know how S gets on.

J has his 'second opinion' appointment ordered by GP on Weds before the funeral.

BuddhaBellyXmasBaubles Mon 04-Feb-13 07:53:02

Murray How you doing mrs? You've been quiet since the "useless" appt
Marbles Good luck for the appointment today smile
Moomin Lovely to see you posting regularly, hope Js appt and the funeral go ok Wednesday

My mission today is to book an initial acupuncture consultation smile

gomurray Mon 04-Feb-13 21:43:49

Hi Buddha I've been so busy with my latest obsession... AF only lasted 2 days this cycle so am now convinced that my uterine lining is too thin... I KNOW I should just relax and TTC but I am so impatient and so afraid of another MC. I have researched foods and vitamins to help thicken lining so... fingers crossed. Prob start our sh@gathon later this week and goodness knows when my body will actually ov. Great news that you are going to acupuncture - it can really help with improving egg quality, thickening lining, imcreased bloodflow to the uterus. I have been considering going back but not sure I can face the man again - he was nice but there was quite a big communication barrier and he did my head in as I got so frustrated at not progressing enough - I had/have 'dampness' which is apparently the trickiest to 'fix'. It drove me insane so ended up being counter productive. Another great thing about it is that it is relaxing and I slept soooo well when I was going smile. I know that (like me) you wanted a 'fix' for DH's swimmers it actually it is good that they are fine as it can be tricky to fix if they are really bad - you are still in with fighting chance mrs xx

Moomin good luck for Weds, will be thinking of you xx

Marbles how was S's appt today ? How is the diet going ?...

Evening ladiessmile

S had her appt with the endocrinologist this afternoon and it seemed to go quite well. She has been referred for an urgent MRI due to the epilepsy link and needs bloods doing with hormones included etc. she has been put on a strict calorie controlled diet to slow the hormonal weight gain and we have to go back within 2 months to see the consultant for results and plan of action so all go really!

buddha how did the acupuncture booking go? smile

Hi to everyone else lurking or otherwise smile

Hi murray <<<waves>>> cross posted there! Diets going well thanks! I have dropped 1st 4lb up to now and I'm down a number grin I'm hoping for a 4st altogether loss so I still have a way to go but we will see! Try not to obsess too much over your uterus! Stress can cause hormonal period changes so doesn't help and will turn into a vicious cycle...<<<rubs Murrays shoulders>>> get pissed and have some bedroom dancing...that's my plan for this cycle (won't work for me as nowt does but the drunken lovin' is worth it anyway wink)

BuddhaBellyXmasBaubles Wed 06-Feb-13 20:41:02

Marbles Sounds as if the appointment went well yesterday, how's S dealing with it all? Well done on the weight loss, I HAVE to go back to slimming world but keeping making excuses not to go wink
Murray You sound as bad as me obsessing over various different scenarios smile step away from google or you will go mad! The thing is its so easy to deflect all our worries, fears, hopes and dreams onto something being "wrong" We all do it and its bloody hard not too smile

I've got an appointment with the acupuncturist tomorrow, feeling nervous now! shock

BuddhaBellyXmasBaubles Wed 06-Feb-13 20:45:42

Moomin It looks like I ignored you now! wink Glad the funeral went ok. I'll let you update the rest

How was the acupuncture?

Yesterday was interesting. We saw the consultant for J and they detected a heart problem- something minor I'm sure but they had to do an ECG and they will do an ultrasound before he sees the cardiologist. He also needs to see the dietician in the next few weeks.

The funeral went as well as it could. It was a lovely service and we had a celebration afterwards.

Didn't sleep very well last night and am feeling emotionally drained today. I'm sure half term will make a big difference.

So glad all went okay at S's appointment. Are you feeling less anxious?

Are you feeling more positive this week Murray? Sure AF was a one off and that there's no need to worry about lining. Xx

moomin poor J! Good they have found it now though so they can get it sorted. My brother was diagnosed with a heart murmur at about 2yo which corrected itself over time. Hopefully it is something that will go away in time xx not much fun for your nerves though eh?!

I'm feeling a little less anxious ow the ball is rolling for S but still worrying...

Good news about your brother marbles.
One of my school mates is back from Aus. She's a DR and came over to examine him earlier. She thinks it's a loud murmur but needs to be checked to be on the safe side. She didn't seem too worried. Phew!

BuddhaBellyXmasBaubles Thu 07-Feb-13 23:11:10

Moomin Good news that your Doctor friend has put your mind at rest, try to stop worrying for a bit now wink

Acupuncture went well, very relaxed when I left smile Didn't even stress when I had to get my wobbly bits outwinkShe didn't say too much but reassuringly said as I left don't worry we'll get you sorted grinlets hope she's right!

gomurray Fri 08-Feb-13 11:13:42

moomin good news about your friend's diagnosis and the fact that she was not overly concerned - fingers crossed. I'm sure you will worry anyway, but at least this gives you a bit of peace of mind.

Buddha well done you going to acupuncture ! I'm so glad you enjoyed it and that you are feeling so positive after what she said ! If only my acupuncturist made me feel as positive (he had the opposite effect). Did you sleep well afterwards - I found that I had the best sleeps EVER when I was going smile. PMA mrs grin

I'm doing fine - heading into OV territory in the next week so will start pestering DP tonight wink.

When is your next relaxation moomin?

Enjoying yourself Murray? wink

We're away this week. Arrived this morning and wifi didn't work. C fixed it- phew. His workaholic attitude comes in useful sometimes. Kids having fab time.

gomurray Mon 11-Feb-13 21:43:08

Moomin talking to yourself.... losing it !! Have a fab break with the lovely C wink

Buddha how are you post-acupuncture ? been back yet ?

Well possible disaster here, may have missed the egg this cycle angry. I was all geared up for wknd BDing but DP was either too p!ssed or had stomach ache FFS !!!!!!!!! I was soooooooooooooooooooo annoyed. Typical that my body should decide to OV on CD14 which NEVER happens to me - usually CD19+ although it was CD16 last month grrr.... Anyway, temps the last 2 days have been inconclusive so will BD tonight (DP has been TOLD !) then see what temp is doing tmrw. If I did OV on CD14 then the closest BD was CD10 which I guess means we are in with a tiny chance but not as good a chance as I'd like !!!!

Hahaha. I was multitasking. Meant Bhudda. Can't get used to these names grin

Update on temps tomorrow please!

Eveninggrin

Boo that you might have missed the egg murrayangry DH has ALOT to make up I guess? Just get some practice in and you never knowwink I have my fingers firmly crossed for yousmile

moomin glad you are having a nice time with the fabulous C and kidssmile ( iPad just tried to autocorrect Fabulous to bulbous grin)

All ok heresmile diet going well (1st 5lb and counting) and I have horrendous post Ov symptoms...hope that means something good and not just a flag for AF to arrive...

buddha how is acupuncture?

This thread is not accepting new messages.