Why is my 4 month old not sleeping as well as she was?

(6 Posts)
tabsandmum Wed 27-Oct-10 12:47:28

My 4 month old was sleeping through the night from 7pm to 7am, in her own room, in her moses basket.She started waking so we moved her to her cot thinking her space was restricted but she is waking even more. I have been leaving her to grumble a bit but she wont stop so i have been feeding her, which she seems to want but then she will only get back to sleep by comfort sucking. She is waking about 4 times a night and i am really tired HELP!

5DollarShake Wed 27-Oct-10 13:28:35

4 months/16weeks is a very typical sleep regression age. They normally settle themselves eventually and you just have to ride it out.

envy at 4 month old (previously) sleeping through the night!

BerryLellooooooooooow Wed 27-Oct-10 13:35:03

seconding the sleep regression thing, kellymom.com have some interesting information on this.

humanfraggle Wed 27-Oct-10 13:36:13

do you think she could be teething?

my 8 month old starting sleeping right through at 9 weeks, then at 5 months started waking up to 5 times a night. She wasn't fully waking up but just having a bit of a moan in her sleep, and when we put the plug back in gave her a dummy, she immediately went back to sleep.

She was sleeping in her own room at this point, but we moved her back to ours, as by the time we got to her, she was waking herself up. Since she came back into our room, it's just a case of leaning over, popping her dummy back in and she's straight back to sleep.

In the last couple of weeks she's had 2 teeth come through, and she now seems to be settling down at bit (slept right through the last 2 nights - bliss!) so fingers crossed for more.

We have been giving her a 'shot' of nurofen before her night-time bottle (which we changed to Hipp's Goodnight milk, seems to keep her full all night, she hasn't needed a night bottle since we switched), maybe you could give that a go?

My only problem now, I wake up in a panic that she's stopped breathing as she's sleeping so soundly! hmm

Hope all that helps a little! Good luck.

5DollarShake Wed 27-Oct-10 13:52:20

This is actually really interesting, and does make a lot of sense.

tabsandmum Wed 27-Oct-10 14:15:22

Thanks for your response. She wont take a dummy or a bottle!!! We are trying but its slow progress. I guess i will have to ride it out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now