CBeebies presenters? Where have they all gone? Where's Chris, Sid and Poi?

(14 Posts)
holymoly Fri 30-Jan-09 14:04:24

What's happened to all the old CBeebies presenters? Chris, Sid, Poi and the other one? DS demands to know!

Booboobedoo Fri 30-Jan-09 14:05:21

I second that demand.

Pui couldn't sing, but she'd grown on me.

meemar Fri 30-Jan-09 14:06:35

Chris and Poi have left - gutted, I loved them!

Sid and Andy are still around though. Thank goodness grin

holymoly Fri 30-Jan-09 14:09:46

Noooo! Love Chris and Poi! Where could they possibly have gone?

lilywillywoo Fri 30-Jan-09 14:12:51

I can't believe it! Chris was very cute< i used to look forward to seeing him, it made having to sit through CBeebies bearable. The new ones aren't as good

meemar Fri 30-Jan-09 14:13:19

There was a thread a while back saying they were off to do new projects. I loved them, they felt like cbeebies family.

If you go to cbeebies website it tells you about the new presenters. They have there work cut out to live up to the job.

<<makes mental note to get a life..>> grin

loopylil Fri 30-Jan-09 20:55:51

um does that mean mr mopple and his big red shoes have gone too? no loss, that face on the side of the house was creepy........ ;-)

Chatkins Fri 30-Jan-09 20:57:10

O I;m not bothered if chris and poi have gone - i love sid and andy !

Wil they be replaced or is bbc saving money ?

AnnSummersRep Tue 31-Mar-09 12:30:06

I don't understand why they have completely cut Chris and Pui out of the show all together. They have deliberately changed the "It's time for lunch" song so that they are not in it anymore. How can cbeebies justify cutting out 2 presenters just like that when they know their main audience isn't going to understand what has happened to them. Children need stability and although I understand that not everything can last they could have phased them out a bit more instead of just completely cutting them out. My little one has been unbearable recently due to the lack of her favourite presenters. It's like a loss in the family. We have recently had sky put on and because Chris and pui have left my daughter has turned to spongebob squarepants which I don't mind but cbeebies is much more educational and would rather she watched that but it is just not capturing her attention anymore. The bbc must be missing out on the ratings. Does anyone else fell like this or am I just being a pain in the bum. grin

Frow Tue 05-May-09 19:21:16

My son and I feel really upset that Chris and Pui are missing from CBeebies. My son is now six has been brought up watching CBeebies but is starting to graduate onto CITV. ( Much to my sadness, he finds CBBC a bit too old for him and CITV seems to fill the age gap between 6 and 12with some brilliant programmes like Hoorid Henry, Ben 10, Justice league, My Parents are Aliens etc.)
He goes back to CBeebies from time to time, because it is a comfort zone for him. It was a big shock when we turned on recently and found no Chris and Pui. It is like loosing a member of the family and I can understand why young children get upset.The same happened when the BBC did exactly the same to Sue a few years back. She was a top presenter along with Chris and loved by all the kids and she suddenly left without any explanation.
It is not good enough CBeebies. You need to find better ways of changing your presenters without upsetting the kids and alienating the parents! As soon as my son realised Chris had gone, he switched over to CITV and has not changed over since. Listen to your audience BBC - they are not very happy at the moment.sad

flutterfree Wed 06-May-09 22:30:59

Thank you, i was wondering about that too.... oh dear, is polly phonics prog still to continue then?

nicand2 Thu 07-May-09 03:36:52

I really miss Chris and Pui too, they were like c beebies family!

MollieO Thu 21-May-09 15:23:21

I don't often read this section but news of Chris and Pui here

MollieO Thu 21-May-09 15:25:15

Should add that since they have left ds (4)prefers to watch the presenters and programmes on CBBC. For a long time ds told me that Pui was poorly and Chris was looking after her. Now he just tells me they've gone and aren't coming back!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now