Anyone from Watford?

(8 Posts)
ivet83 Wed 09-Apr-08 21:09:43

Hi everyone, is there anyone living in the Watford area? I live in Central London but am planing to move to another are with more affordable houses to rent. My husband loves this area but I know nothing about it. Any tips would be welcome on good nurseries and infant school and anything about the area in general. Thank you in advance

Alambil Wed 09-Apr-08 22:54:34

I am just north of Watford - personally, I'd come up this way as it is far greener and less crowded as Watford (similar housing and direct route to Euston in 30min on train)

I am in Hemel Hempstead; literally 10 min from central Watford.

Best of both worlds here - 10 min drive north into greenery and countryside and 30min drive/train to London (traffic depending!)

I don't know if you're thinking of other areas but I do think HH is ever so slightly cheaper than Watford (unless you go for central/west Watford which is not a nice area really)

Garston in North Watford (by Asda hypermarket) is nice; grew up there.

Bedmond and Abbots Langley are also nice; villagey feeling, 5 min from Watford (10 from HH)

ivet83 Wed 09-Apr-08 23:20:38

We don't drive so that might be an issue i hope not. Hemel Hempstead is this within Watford area or just next to it as I am not very well informed yet?

Alambil Thu 10-Apr-08 09:10:33

it is just above it on a map - there is a train from Hemel to Watford (10 min) and straight to London too (no changes - 30min)

If you go to Google and click "maps", put in Hemel Hempstead and zoom out once or twice, you'll see the whole area including Kings Langley, Abbots Langley etc (but they are smaller towns - very expensive and not as good travel connections to London)

it looks a lot further apart than it actually is - some people consider Abbots Langley as part of Watford too

Alambil Thu 10-Apr-08 09:13:05

this is a house for rent in HH to give you an idea on prices etc

theUrbanNixie Thu 10-Apr-08 09:35:53

I live in Chesham, which is right at the end of the Metropolitan line, 20 mins from Aylesbury, 20 mins from Watford and 30 mins to Baker St on Tube. tis very small town feel, good schools and our 2 bed Victorian terrace costs £720pcm.

southeastastra Thu 10-Apr-08 09:52:51

bushey is probably nicer than watford and only just up the road.

Vee53 Tue 14-Jun-16 23:02:32

I'm thinking of moving to the caractcaus cottage view area, is this an okay area to live?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now