Help needed!! Microsoft Outlook wont open, help. also where are the outlook files normaly stored on cpu???

(8 Posts)
MirandaWest Thu 21-Feb-13 08:18:14

Fairly extreme zombie thread here (is over 8 years since someone last posted a record I wonder?

bipsa11 Thu 21-Feb-13 08:11:37

Problems in usual application startup is a clear indicative of issues with outlook PST files, they are probably corrupt for some reason and that is the time when finding the existing issue is important before the same can be repaired. So, far the location of PST file is concerned it is within office outlook folders and slight variations owing to the operating system & outlook version used may also be experienced. www.outlook-2007repair.com

Chuffingoodtime Fri 03-Dec-04 15:46:01

Go into explorer or my computer if you use xp and do a search for *.pst. Once it has run through and found your files, if you choose show details it should give you the location of the .pst files which are your outlook files.

DoesntChristmasDragOn Fri 03-Dec-04 14:40:03

Mine are in c:\documents and settings\my name\application data\identities
then there are a load of folders, all with nonsense names. There's a Microsoft\outlook express folder in each of these. You just need to find the right one.

champs Fri 03-Dec-04 14:30:59

thanx. It seems to be working now, don't know what went wrong with it. I still need to find the files tho, I saw the outlook files before and used them to import but i cant remember where, anyone know?

Ameriscot2004 Fri 03-Dec-04 10:18:56

I have Outlook fail to open a couple of times over the years. I'm not alone, apparently, because there is quite a bit of "help" on the Office website.

You have to locate you outlook files - do a computer search on *.pst - ISTR that it is embedded quite deeply in the Outlook folder.

The repair was reasonably quick and easy, btw.

Chuffingoodtime Fri 03-Dec-04 09:49:48

do ctrl-alt-del close it down in task manager and restart computer.

champs Fri 03-Dec-04 00:20:36

help it was working earlier. i need to get it working quickly. it wont open and says it's not resonding. been to microsoft website but no joy there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now