child modelling any advice

(64 Posts)
michellehemple Sun 19-Sep-04 21:08:03

I sent some pics to a few model agencies and have been offered assesments for my son and daughter to have assesments with the following agencies, one called childsplay, one called models direct, one called juliet adams, and another called BMA models does anyon0e know if these agencies are any good. Any adv0ic0e would be very much appreciated. Thankyou Michelle

Rosemary1234 Mon 14-Apr-14 19:00:30

This is my first post so I don't really know what I'm doing! I was wondering if anyone knows anything about adora model and grace and galor? Any information would be great! Thanks

richwats Thu 23-Jan-14 19:48:26

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

t1zzy Sun 19-May-13 06:58:35

I sent pictures of my DD age 9 to a few agencies as she's interested, some have asked for her to come and see them - allsorts, bizzikids and Norrie carr, still waiting for UA and MOT , KK, B&B to reply.

So far I like the look and reviews of Norrie Carr does anyone have any advice regarding which is better?

AvonGirls Sat 12-Jan-13 23:36:09

Hi all,

Advice needed I got my daughter into bonnie and betty modelling agency last year September 2012. She got work in January for M&S first week was fine because the school was off second week she was asked to get a licence because school was back the 11th January. I asked the school to send email to council for licence the school refused saying my daughter would be off school and their weren't happy for that to happen. The agency is really cross now and want to take my daughter off their website because M&S have asked her to book my daughter in for several shots. Have I got any rights with regard to the modelling and the school refusing has this happened to anyone else. Advice please

habzamaphone Mon 11-Jun-12 16:50:21

Anyone know anything about Models Manchester? They got my details via albamodel.info and want to represent my 18 month old. Only thing putting me off is they want me to go to one of their preferred photographers so they can go and see my son in action (not sure if that's a good thing), but it'll cost me £175(!!!) for the photos.

welovesausagedogs Thu 29-Mar-12 10:15:20

I haven't heard of the ones you describe, but my DS and DD are with Urban angels and they are fab, well worth phoning and take kids from all over.

rach313 Thu 29-Mar-12 09:59:35

Hi,

Can anybody give me some advice please.
My sons have both been accepted in Bizzykidz, Kitsch Kids and Scallywags.
Which is the best??
The problem is that I live in Notts so its very far to travel for jobs, do you think its realistic? Or can you reccommed a company a bit closer to where I live?

Thankyou,
Rach

nottakinitanymore Mon 19-Mar-12 14:43:22

hi zindagi.nice to hear someone else found bizzy kidz rude and condesending as well.my dd did not have a good experience with them and any conversations i had with members of staff were met with rudeness and blatant lies.dd did not get any work with bk and i removed her from their books because i didnt like the way the director patronised the parents on their facebook account and made them feel they were being a nuisance if they dared to email or phone the agency with an enquiry.she went with elisabeth smith and they were lovely and friendly and she got a lot of work with them.would not recommend any one going with bizzy kidz.

Zindagi Tue 06-Mar-12 20:36:22

I have a feeling that bizzykids will accept most babies, as they make £150 per baby just for joining, including photos and joining fee.

Once you're in, however, they are rather condescending and rude. Their internal systems are not joined up, so you have to email one person for one thing, another person for another thing, and nothing is clear on their website about all the forms you need to fill in. The onus is on the parents to find out which forms to fill in and ensure they are done. You get little help from Bizzykids.

Now, apparently, they are overworked as we (parents) are asking constant questions (which we need to do, as their online information is so disjointed), so we can only email in work hours, otherwise they will refuse to respond to our emails! With all the money they make you would think they could hire the staff to do the job properly.

Lastly, if you go to their office in Bexley Heath, don't take a pram or pushchair as you need to go up a long flight of concreate steps and there is no lift. So much for accessibility!

I would not recommend them.

heroinahalfshell Tue 13-Dec-11 23:32:09

I would go for scallywags. They supplied harry potter as a baby in the final HP film smile

Other good agencies - Kids London, Bruce & Brown, Grace & Galor, Bonnie & Betty, Elisabeth Smith.

lycheemojito Tue 13-Dec-11 23:25:17

Hi there,
we ventured into the world of agencies with my DD and Scallywags and BizzyKids want us on the books. Does anyone know which one is better? I have no idea how to pick as both seem to offer good clients and feel quite friendly. Would appreciate any advice. Thanx

PRING Fri 11-Nov-11 12:57:56

Hi, I'm a newbie and a little puzzled.
I applied to a Model Agency some time ago and didn't hear anything, but then the other day ScallyWags (who I didn't apply to) sent me an email with my sons name on it saying they would like to represent him. Is this SPAM and as this ever happened to anyone else.
He had some photo's done at school a few weeks back, just the normal school photo session, and there was a section on the order form asking if I gave permission for his photo to be used in future advertising for this company. Do you think his details may have been passed on ? Thanx

Fantastica Sun 06-Nov-11 16:39:35

Hi! Been reading a lot of your advice regarding child modelling fees. I'm in the same position, my son just been accepted by modelmanagementuk and eurokids are also interested. But one way or another they all want some money! Anyone has any info on these two? Also my concern is that pictures taken in one agency studio will not be "suitable" for another one and will try to get me to have another portfolio made with them. Anyone can give me some advice on this before I go on to spend some serious money?

kikismum Thu 06-Oct-11 12:08:27

Hi Lilyruby, think it depends on your location, if your London based then either is great, although if your up north, prob urban angels as think they have a northern office, Im with Tuedays Child, in Macclesfield, really pleased we only joined 2 months ago and have already landed our first job, with mamas and papas at the end of the month. Good Luck whichever you choose.

epeems Fri 23-Sep-11 00:27:15

lilyruby - they're lucky girls, both top agencies. I'd tip towards Kids London.

lilyruby Fri 16-Sep-11 17:06:17

hi, my 2 girls have been accepted at kids london, and urban angels, i dont no what one to choose. any advice out there !!!

lilyruby Fri 16-Sep-11 17:04:33

hi, my 2 girls have been accepted at kids london, and urban angels, i dont no what one to choose. any advice out there !!!

WoofToYouTooLady Wed 14-Sep-11 23:04:21

pecklepops I'm not sure why you are bothering to comment on posts made in 2004, nearly 7 years ago

confused

pecklepops Wed 14-Sep-11 22:56:52

I have a sneaking suspicion that SADIELONDON actually works for Bizzykidz and so has a vested interest in how she comments. All parents should be aware that Agencies have a policy of monitoring these forums; should they suspect parents of children on their books are posting negative comments about them, they will remove that child from their books.

WikiSpeaks Mon 24-Jan-11 22:02:40

This whole thread is a bit bonkers.

jhphotography Mon 24-Jan-11 21:35:51

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

GetOrfMoiLand Thu 28-Jan-10 15:32:59

This is a 6 year old thread!

Avalanche72 Thu 28-Jan-10 15:26:14

Hi All, just have an consultation with 'Truly Scrumptious' this w-end. Has anyone any info on this agency? Legit or not?
hmm

aquashiv Wed 05-Dec-07 22:19:58

how lovely to see judge flounce!!!!! Eh???

how lovely to see judge flounce!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now