Your worst moment on mumsnet?

(339 Posts)
mummytosteven Sat 03-Mar-07 21:14:07

and my worst moments - apart from some of the sadder rl stuff, my very first bfing thread, where I managed to make a royal arse of myself.

mummytosteven Sat 03-Mar-07 21:13:27

amyjade - I remember your thread, and remember being impressed by both yours and jimjams posts - as you both so eloquently put your good reasons (personal and general) for your differing perspectives on vax issues.

DonnyLass Sat 03-Mar-07 19:23:22

oh about smoking ... frankly i was more than a little up my own derriere for a saturday night!!!!!!!!!!!!

VeniVidiVickiQV Fri 02-Mar-07 20:53:06

Have you/we donnylass? About what?

Blu, i do remember 'that' thread. I think the spin off thread helped clear a few things up, and, I am glad you came back after your 'mini flounce'

Blu Fri 02-Mar-07 13:41:08

LOL at MN ASBOs!

Blu Fri 02-Mar-07 13:40:37

A discussion that was very painful for a lot of people in the aftermath of Moondog's 'peddling junk' thread...don't want to reserrect it, but regret my part in stoking it.

Smaller outbreaks - being under the misapprehension that Fauve was a Dad, upsetting NearlyThree with some glib thinking about access to shoebox schemes, making an out of order discriminatory comment about Ruth Kelly...loads!

Getting an ASBO e-mail from MN towers and having the thread pulled and it wasn't my fault !!!

<<<<<<<<< retreating in to my hoodie before sauntering off to drink Diamond White and terrorise a shopping precinct>>>>>>>>>

DonnyLass Fri 02-Mar-07 13:03:21

Oh God.

I joined in July 2006 ... and without even realising it or meaning to I have insulted/had massive disagreements with

icod
vvvqv
tutter
one of the daves???

which have seen me actually too nervous to post and emailing desperately to apologise ... and then getting into a 'sorry' debacle that just bugged everyone more and actually made me fear I would be pelted with eggs in the street.

Also
1) committed inadvertent name-change crime just cos I was bored of mine then it was perceived that I did it so i could spite-and-run

2) been deleted by MNHQ for a SHMKBN off comment I made to be funny without realising it could be dangerous.

Think the mistake I made was to forget that when you type in haste and have no way of showing facial expression ... you can be totally misinterpreted.

Cod said she quite liked my beatchy comment tho so that kind of made me feel liked again!

And on the Little Bean ongoing thread and some others my thoughts have been welcomed ...plus I have had loads of good advice ...

so that (almost) eclipses my scary bits.

amyjade Fri 02-Mar-07 09:38:18

Thanks jimjams.x

choosyfloosy Fri 02-Mar-07 00:12:27

there was a post i made loooong ago that revealed a very, very deeply buried prejudice about, of all things, single parents. it didn't occur to me until about 2 hours later. i have never dared to return to the thread to find out if i was flamed for it or not.

funnily enough all my bad moments are about crusty old prejudices of mine. i have got a bit more cautious about posting, usually.

Jimjams2 Thu 01-Mar-07 23:48:03

amyjade- I remember your first thread really well, because I remember it resonating quite deeply for want of a better word. You know from toehr threrads that I haven't vaccinated ds2 and ds3 - but with complete comprehension/fear of the risks that that takes (someone in ds1's class had the same form of meningitis as your dd, so I've seen how devastating it can be in flesh and blood if you like). I've just looked back at your first thread, and it was really bizarre. It would be such a strange way for a drugs company to operate in the first place. Why would they behave like that?? I don't think that the main doubter posts anymore though, if they do, it's under a different name.

Anwyay- just wanted to say that although the reception to that first post must have been hard I think you have touched lots of people and I thought of you when prevenar was introduced. Actually I think about your dd a lot.

NurseyJo Thu 01-Mar-07 23:13:43

Being 'got at' by a Mumsnetter when I first joined. I left and didn't come back for a year

The 'Foxy' saga. What a mess!

HappyDaddy Thu 01-Mar-07 22:52:51

All of mine.

hunkermunker Thu 01-Mar-07 22:34:21
ipanemagirl Thu 01-Mar-07 22:33:29

I had a huge row with someone last year under another name and it was so unpleasant I've blocked out what it was about. Oh yeah it was about bullying on mumsnet! I don't even remember who I p**d off but they were really angry and I just stopped using mumsnet for ages.

TheArmadillo Thu 01-Mar-07 22:19:26

the first thread I ever started (under a different name) and I didn't realise it was unusual (cos it was usual in our family) and got jumped on and asked if I was making it all up.

Put me off for ages. As you can see I obviously never came back

There was another one that really hurt, but it wouldn't be fair to bring it up so I won't.

ruty Thu 01-Mar-07 21:58:02

[sorry Amyjade to dive in after your sad story]

ruty Thu 01-Mar-07 21:57:33

Aw Aloha, only just seen this! Our rucks keep me on my toes though! Love you really.

twoisenoughmum Thu 01-Mar-07 21:06:12

Amyjade - that is just the worst thing I have heard about this site. I am not surprised you are cross. FFS!

Mercy Thu 01-Mar-07 20:04:06

Amyjade, I didn't see that thread

I very recently upset a pg Mumsnetter. I thought it was a light hearted thread but quite rightly the person who started the thread I was mocking wasn't too pleased. Sorry.

I hate upsetting pregnant women. When I first started posting I though I had upset Hunker too (but Moondog reassured me she was made of sterner stuff!)

Flamesparrow Thu 01-Mar-07 20:00:44

Amyjade

amyjade Thu 01-Mar-07 19:54:18

My first post on here was in the Health section explaining the terrible loss of my 19 month old Dd to Pneumococcal meningitis and how the new Prevenar jab would have saved her life.
Two certain individuals thought my story was a sales pitch from a drug company!!
I was really upset by this luckily one of them apologised but i still can't forget it.

I'v just read it back and it still makes me cross!!

nightowl Thu 01-Mar-07 18:50:46

my first ever post (under a different name and long ago deleted). when i was accused of getting pg on purpose to trap my bf (who had buggered off and left me). still cant bring myself to speak to that poster now. (but remember one lovely mner in particular who stuck up for me).

and my first bollocking from someone who can be a tad frightening at times but who i actually like very much (espesh her no-nonsense attitude. she says the things i always want to say, but she does it louder, and with better words ) a misunderstanding, but i was gutted at the time!

Pruni Thu 01-Mar-07 18:33:53

Message withdrawn

FrannyandZooey Thu 01-Mar-07 18:20:46

Pruni the Juliet thread is one of my all time favourites and I still LOL thinking about it. It did nearly cripple me with horror at the moment I read your post (you should be flattered, I was mortified to have offended you!) but that was what made it so wondrously appalling

However you are right, it was in no way my worst moment on MN. I can instantly pinpoint my 2 actual worst moments, but there is no way I am going to dredge them up or even admit how much they upset me

lisalisa Thu 01-Mar-07 13:22:07

Message withdrawn

lisalisa Thu 01-Mar-07 13:19:34

Message withdrawn

Cloudhopper Thu 01-Mar-07 13:16:17

Once a thread about how cruel parents were leaving their children in daycare made me cry.

That was in my very first few weeks though. Then I got a life and realised that I didn't have to take some anonymous person's opinion so much to heart.

I admit to feeling hurt or angry fairly often at things that people put, but again, this just points me in the direction of getting a life. Quite useful things, MN rucks.

2ManyPimms Thu 01-Mar-07 12:59:35

My responses are usually ignored - except for one occassion where I related an experience with my DS and moggling and got blasted by someone in the industry (she will not be named) for putting forth my opinion. The thread on which that was posted has never been quite the same again.

zippitippitoes Thu 01-Mar-07 12:46:08

gosh I am sorry issymum

dotty as in fox this and that real person fabrication of events...I had a rethink and an absence as a result of the fall out

Issymum Thu 01-Mar-07 12:42:04

No really I'm not Zippi. You made a completely innocent, off-hand and accurate observation, but it did upset me. Mnet is bloody weird like that.

I rarely post about being a lawyer, it's just too dull. However, I have been known to allude to the fact that the DDs are adopted once or twice......

Aloha Thu 01-Mar-07 12:40:52

I keep having rucks with Ruty, who seems really nice, which is a bit crap.

Pimmpom Thu 01-Mar-07 12:38:42

Zippi - Dotty was 'real' wasn't she?

Still think of her and wonder how she got on abroad.

zippitippitoes Thu 01-Mar-07 12:36:01

issymum you are pulling my leg

i thought you were a hot shot lawyer so you must post about that too

Issymum Thu 01-Mar-07 12:32:00

This is really disturbing. I can genuinely recall only one bad moment: Zippitippitoes insinuated that I post only about nannies. She is of course quite right, nannies do figure largely in my Mnet life, but it did make me feel bad for a couple of days. Kissy kissy to Zippitippi.

Other than that, nothing. Nada. Zip. From which there are two possible conclusions - 1. My Mnet persona is blander than Dale Winton or 2. I am constantly insulting and being insulted and have utterly failed to notice either. I'm not sure which is worse.

oh dear Shiny. Hadn't thought of that. Surely serves them all right for being so inconsiderate of people's feelings in the first place

Spidermama Thu 01-Mar-07 12:05:15

Threads where I've come to virtual blows include ...

1. Boys in dresses.
2. Kids at weddings.
3. 'Extended' breastfeeding.
4. Kids with dummies.
5. Perceived 'smugness'.
6. Pus in cow milk.
7. Lying to kids.
8. School uniform.

I suppose some peoples NEW worst moments will be seeing on this thread that they caused or contributed to someone else's bad moments...

Spidermama Thu 01-Mar-07 12:02:40

I've had a few barneys. Some people wind me up no end so I try to avoid contact with them becaue I know we have opposing views about absolutely everything. You know who you are. xx

I only remember the early ones because I think you become de-sensitised but we'd all do well to remember how upsetting MN can be if we're careless with one another.

Pruni Thu 01-Mar-07 11:53:55

Message withdrawn

but pruni that Juliet moment was inspired

pishwasher Thu 01-Mar-07 11:52:01

my thread about the woman who left her kids in the car at morrisons..HUGE MISTAKE! I think i still have footprints on my back from where I was jumped on!!

southeastastra Thu 01-Mar-07 11:50:42

yes try to avoid it now quadrophenia! i re-read some posts and want to hide.

quadrophenia Thu 01-Mar-07 11:48:39

I tend not to drink and type southeastastra, it always gets very messy!!

Pruni Thu 01-Mar-07 11:48:34

Message withdrawn

zippitippitoes Thu 01-Mar-07 11:47:37

i am ambivalent to the people telling lies business

after the dotty fiasco i menioned earleir i can see reasons to out in some cases

southeastastra Thu 01-Mar-07 11:46:08

i've had quite a few worst moments, especially when posting late at night under the boozy influence

Flamesparrow Thu 01-Mar-07 11:44:51

Narnia

FoghornLeghorn Thu 01-Mar-07 11:44:03

I had a 'situation' with a MN'er which pretty much most of MN knows about.
It got resolved, I left, came back and we don't tend to cross paths anymore. Still makes me to think of it though and probably still makes her

BoolieTC Thu 01-Mar-07 11:41:24

I can't name names anyway.

LieselVentouse Thu 01-Mar-07 11:41:22

Rhubarb - dont call me rude, cause you know fine well that she would have CAT me and I would have told you all online anyway

BoolieTC Thu 01-Mar-07 11:40:52

Yep I get it now sorry
Yes she is one and used mumsnet in that way.

Yep it is my msn address

Rhubarb Thu 01-Mar-07 11:40:01

How do you know she is lying Boolie?

And don't you just hate all this "CAT me and I'll tell you!" Before you know it a little circle of Mumsnetters form who all know a secret and they make references to it constantly. It's very rude. If you do know something then do the decent thing and keep it to yourself. Rumours are horrid things.

zippitippitoes Thu 01-Mar-07 11:39:30

boolie she meant the person you aren't naming is an attention seeker
is that an email address

BoolieTC Thu 01-Mar-07 11:36:30

I'm not an attention seeker, you can cat me as I don't subscribe, or msn me at phewtusuk@yahoodotcodotuk!

I've been around a while and have many posts to prove it.

LieselVentouse Thu 01-Mar-07 11:34:22

Will you CAT us then?
PLlllllllllllllleeeeeeeeasee
Theres nothing worse than being taken for a ride on here by soem attention seeker

quadrophenia Thu 01-Mar-07 11:33:08

the modelling debacles have been pretty vile really

BoolieTC Thu 01-Mar-07 11:32:15

its not but just realised if you get it I don't want to confirm it on here! Bear in mind my old name is holidaymum and stuff I've posted lately it could be possible to work out who. I can't really say anymore on here as Courts have been involved.

unknownrebelbang Thu 01-Mar-07 11:29:59

Being told the spelling of my name is naff.

erm, that's about it really.

There are advantages to lurking more than posting, lol.

melma Thu 01-Mar-07 11:29:49

malory?

LieselVentouse Thu 01-Mar-07 11:29:21

Please tell me its VVQV

BoolieTC Thu 01-Mar-07 11:28:24

Nope not at all, she's quite well liked I think.

VeniVidiVickiQV Thu 01-Mar-07 11:23:53

Or Fastasleep?

Gotta be one or the other

VeniVidiVickiQV Thu 01-Mar-07 11:23:25

Tamba?

BoolieTC Thu 01-Mar-07 11:22:08

Hmm delicate subject content and there have been several occasions of non truthfullness. I don't think she posts in her "known" name anymore but I believe is in contact with quite a few mnetters.

Last known posts around summer 2006 but has been mentioned since.

LieselVentouse Thu 01-Mar-07 11:21:58

Boolie you have to spill

zippitippitoes Thu 01-Mar-07 11:17:49

have to spill...vvq make her

LieselVentouse Thu 01-Mar-07 11:17:36

When I slated mooncup wearers - not realising the majority of you were mooncup-wearers. I also slated a certain name Id heard - and guess what?????????

VeniVidiVickiQV Thu 01-Mar-07 11:16:33

Oh boolie you must tell.....

BoolieTC Thu 01-Mar-07 11:08:38

Believe me Zipp I've tried, but its too close to home to go into details.

zippitippitoes Thu 01-Mar-07 11:01:12

boolie

i'm sure there is a way

lateral thinking

Pimmpom Thu 01-Mar-07 10:58:38

That must be horrible Boolie - glad i don't know anyone!

tokentotty Thu 01-Mar-07 10:41:45

Ok...here goes

help request

Am already smiling about things due to kindness of decaf !!!

BoolieTC Thu 01-Mar-07 10:38:10

Seeing someone I know on here blatently lying about something serious and getting tons of sympathy for it and not being able to say or do anything about it.

oh no tt, which topic? can you link it?

tokentotty Thu 01-Mar-07 10:34:09

Not getting any response at all to a help request for a friend yesterday.

sauce Thu 01-Mar-07 10:32:44

I hate being ignored! Or killing a thread. But apart from that, no bad experiences personally. A few heated discussions/disagreements but nothing serious.

phew. there was definitely much tumbleweed blowing on this thread when I logged off yesterday afternoon. Got quite a shock when I came back this a.m.

Loving your responses even if not quite getting them - white arses? UCM's monumental gaffe?? You lot seem a lot less scary now. Feel much braver about heading onto the controversial threads, hard hat firmly in place!

PrisonerCellBlockAitch Thu 01-Mar-07 09:11:33

sauerkraut

and dejags

SauerKraut Thu 01-Mar-07 08:34:30

My worst moment was realising that although some reckon you can suddenly become a wonderfully witty, sociable outgoing person on an internet forum when you find this difficult in real life, it doesn't work for me!

at the idea that stephone is ff
that would make sense

april74 Thu 01-Mar-07 07:01:45

mine was many many years ago friend I have met through mumsnet while we were both suffering from PND got into a jokey chat thread and got told off by several members that chat threads ruined what mumsnet was about etc etc etc and that we should continue it off mumsnet so to speak. Then bugger me a little while later a new chat section is listed and commonly used even by some of the people who even objected. Still I did enjoy the debate at the time.

Sometimes I feel a little uncomfortable that I read a thread and an innocent comment has been taken out of context and the person has been set upon with pack like mentality and quick email round to "friends" i'm on this thread come and join in sort of thing, although again I am going back years.

I used to be on mumsnet hours every day, now I dip in now and again and must admit to lurking most of the time as the threads go to fast for me now. for a long period it helped greatly with my PND and for that I will alwaysbe grateful.

dejags Thu 01-Mar-07 06:23:08

Oooh.

I have flounced twice. Most recently in an altercation with Batters (wasn't her fault that I flounced) - I can't remember what it was about (Must have been really important

Before that I flounced about breastfeeding. I got over it and it doesn't bother me anymore. I truly and utterly couldn't give a toss about feeding choices anymore.

Oh and BLW - me and Aitch got a bit heated, but we made up and are friends now .

jampot Thu 01-Mar-07 01:16:26

the stephone thread was weird - gski and I were playing along and dropinthe was picking on me - not gski just me - someone said i learned to read from the back of a cereal box

gski and i thought that stephone was ff and in fact we still do despite ff's blatant denial

Pritch Thu 01-Mar-07 00:30:05

i believe you...

Tortington Thu 01-Mar-07 00:27:49

i wish i was.

anyone who has met me can vouch for the fact that i couldnt have a white arse. as i am dark skinned.

and its huge.

apart from that i'm catholic - imagin telling priest that! OMG in confession.

i couldnt look at my arse when doing the deed.

rather put a picture of the rosenbaum guy from superman lex luther on the ceiling.

me iz not protesting too much.

Aloha Thu 01-Mar-07 00:25:08

Absolutely PSML at " i think you'll find you've made a lot of assumptions and are totally wrong"

Mumsnet in a nutshell!

Too many to mention, of course. I love all the ferociously angry posts from Mnetters who then reveal themselves to be pregnant - myself included

Pritch Thu 01-Mar-07 00:22:32

custy! are you the posting white arse? the mystery is solved! i really don't think you should put that pic up in your room...

you know pointydog's ordered that pic as a set of coasters, don't you?

Tortington Thu 01-Mar-07 00:17:34

i'm just a posting arse. ignore me - all the oldies do.

Pritch Thu 01-Mar-07 00:16:33

twoisenoughmum, i just leave all that stuff to go to rack and ruin. my version of time management is 'leave it til tomorrow'.

Pann Thu 01-Mar-07 00:08:36

hurray!!

I thought I'd annoyed you recently. But good to know not so.

Tortington Thu 01-Mar-07 00:07:50

tsap. not post for months? not blummin likely. unless i was disconnected.

i like you. your fab.

that pann on the oher hand... only kidding

Tortington Thu 01-Mar-07 00:05:21

have you pann? i love you, you were trez nice to me when i was have bob time. i like you! really.

Tinker Wed 28-Feb-07 23:33:59

"JF's post about her dead child (I can't even begin to think where to put the inverted commas there)" lol Tamum

Twinklemegan Wed 28-Feb-07 23:21:00

When I'd had a really bad day at work and went off on one on a b/f thread (of all places - duh) about people who enthusiastically promote b/f not living in the real world . I still agree with the basic crux of my argument at the time (there was more to it) but I had to backtrack big time - most embarassing.

VeniVidiVickiQV Wed 28-Feb-07 23:17:39

ahem.....strapsbabiestorockets

hunkerdave Wed 28-Feb-07 23:17:01

You did?! What was that?!

VeniVidiVickiQV Wed 28-Feb-07 23:16:26

Actually, I had a namechange i was asked to not do....

hunkerdave Wed 28-Feb-07 23:15:23

Oh, the spreadsheet <shudders> Yeah, really thought that one through...!

Ghosty, mwah! You're a love

Margo, did I stick up for you? What did you say? You must be super-intelligent and rather smashing

VeniVidiVickiQV Wed 28-Feb-07 23:12:57

usually breastfed is b/f. Usually.....

UnquietDad Wed 28-Feb-07 23:08:12

I get confused when BF is best friend and also breastfed...

twoisenoughmum Wed 28-Feb-07 22:47:15

There hasn't been an actual worst moment - but I've gradually come to realise (been here about 9 months) that you can post advice or an opinion on a thread hoping someone will agree/disagree with you, and it is ignored. Because everyone else is just posting an opinion too, of course. And there are these other things - MN and Isketch - that other people spend an awful lot of extra time on. And I just keep thinking to myself, how come they have got so much more time than I have to while away their time like this? Don't they have dishwashers to empty, washing to dry, nits to comb, homework to keep an eye on, healthy cook-from-scratch meals to make? Am I crap at time management? Mumsnet makes me feel inadequate most of the time, but I just can't seem to stop myself ...

Jimjams2 Wed 28-Feb-07 22:39:58

ha ha I'm sure that's where most of my run ins occur. I'm like MadDrFitzpatrick in reverse. In fact from now on I will call myself MadDrFitzpaatrick on ever vax thread so people know I am not to be taken seriously - perhaps not- he'd sue if he saw my views associated with his name.

jura Wed 28-Feb-07 22:39:52

Only had one - I'd posted an AIBU thread, had concluded after a sound kicking that yes I was, but then someone started another thread that went off on a tangent from the original and referred to me as small-minded. I seethed...

I got over it .

tortoiseSHELL Wed 28-Feb-07 22:37:17

My worst moments...

Lectured jimjams on vaccination safety (sorry), years ago before the dawn of time

Had a bit of a run in with aloha years ago too, can't remember what about though, could have been paedophiles of all things (sorry)

starting a thread on in the news and upsetting loads of people (sorry)

Don't feel like that! I was just as mystified when I started.
<dances waves in friendly, welcoming manner>

margo1974 Wed 28-Feb-07 22:33:34

Thicko alert - I thought that LOL meant lots of love for a while -

You weren't sending me love, you were laughing at me

That was a bad moment for me

Okay thanks - feeling like a dosey tit now

mears Wed 28-Feb-07 22:30:50

Click 'getting started' at the top of the page which will take you to here for more information

oops ffs not ffg....

bf breast feeding
hpt home pregnancy test
ffg for f*cks sake
fgs for goodness or for g*d's sake
rofl roll on the floor laughing
lol laugh out loud

ds dear son 1 (first son)
dp partner
dd dear daughter
dh dear husband
df dear fiance
etc

One of them is just now. Don't ask...am having a seriously paranoid moment.

I'm a newie and am not gettin the ds1, dp, dh etc stuff - what are you all on about?

mears Wed 28-Feb-07 22:24:52

I have had very few problems on mumsnet- the odd run in over breastfeeding issues but nothing spectacular.

Did get deleted by HQ after posting a link which was out of order - did it in haste to demonstrate what children were being exposed to on the Bebo website. Was a tad too garphic without a parental warning.

twinsetandpearls Wed 28-Feb-07 22:24:13

I either get ignored or insulted!

zippitippitoes Wed 28-Feb-07 22:23:14

i'm not on it either

I obviously didn't care

I lurked for a long time before I posted, so had the time to realise that you had to be very careful what you said and which threads to post on! It made me very cautious.

The downside of being very cautious about posting though is that you're often ignored. I sometimes feel like I'm back at school trying to make new friends!

oh twinset it's sometimes a daytime thing isn't it? the daytime shift can be a tough old place ime
I am glad you came back
(v relieved to see am not on the thread)

twinsetandpearls Wed 28-Feb-07 22:18:56

The thing was as I got angrier I just couldn't get the words out as I wanted them.

But to my credit I did come back and thank you for all having a go at me.

twinsetandpearls Wed 28-Feb-07 22:17:42

here

But I am now having palapations so am going to make a brew.

Don't starton me again.

Tamum Wed 28-Feb-07 22:16:12

Perhaps I'm suppressing them zippi (unless you're remembering more and more of &my^ worst moments, in which case you'd better save me from myself and tell me)

oh twinset

twinsetandpearls Wed 28-Feb-07 22:15:20

I will findit but I can'r read it, I found it by accident a while back and it made me cry again!

zippitippitoes Wed 28-Feb-07 22:15:02

Tamum how can you have no worst moments and i keep recalling more and more

margo1974 Wed 28-Feb-07 22:13:41

My worst moment - being told off for answering the wrong question re. weaning....

I didn't return for 21 months!

I wasn't told off really, I just think I didn't understand the forum mentality. I have grown a thicker skin now.

I must take this opportunity to thank Hunker for sticking up for me on one thread

<waves at Hunker and wishes her lots of luck with her house>

And I thought Twiglett told me off on another thread but she hadn't - just me being stupid

oh let's see the thread twinset and we will make our minds up

Tamum Wed 28-Feb-07 22:13:14

I remember that thread twinset, it was awful.

I don't think I have any really bad moments- JF's post about her dead child (I can't even begin to think where to put the inverted commas there) was definitely a low point, but not mine.

Pritch Wed 28-Feb-07 22:12:39

no tv? <thud>

dunkeydorey Wed 28-Feb-07 22:12:39

Yes Titania, seemed to be completely loopy. She had some loyal supporters though and they took it upon themselves to give me a verbal battering. Everyone else was allowed to say what they wanted, but I wasn't entitled to an opinion.

twinsetandpearls Wed 28-Feb-07 22:12:32

UnquietDad they were not criticising me becasue I was working but because I was taking dd to work with me in an envoironment where there were other kids and she was going through a brattish faze and being a bit self centred and saying the odd innapropriate thing. There were no vacnacies at dd nursery and I was only being paid a nominal fee to cover my bus fare amd as I was not teaching then and we had a new mortgage money was tight. When I was offered the work it was made clear that I would have dd with me and it also fitted with the ethos if the projectI was running.

Fooey Wed 28-Feb-07 22:12:08

just I have no tv, so can't watch unless someone bungs it on a dvd for me

Pritch Wed 28-Feb-07 22:11:22

just realised what you meant by the other place... i can make you a copy if you like. thought i might make one for the towers too.

FluffyMummy123 Wed 28-Feb-07 22:11:17

Message withdrawn

who stuck up for you twinsetandpearls, let's give them a big kiss for you

twinsetandpearls Wed 28-Feb-07 22:09:00

I still do it cod as I only teach 3 days but now dd is at work so it is no longer an issue.

They probably never said crap mum, but the restwas there thatthreadreduced me to tears of anger, I even phoned my boss and tried to hand in my notice as you evil lot had convinced me that I was so crap at my job. When my boss asked my why I wansted to hand in my notice and I told her that a load of cyber women had told me too she thought I was bonkers! I can feel myself getting angry now as I think about it.

Fooey Wed 28-Feb-07 22:08:54

On yahoo asking if you can loan me the prog after you have seen it

Pritch Wed 28-Feb-07 22:08:12

nope, where is it?

Fooey Wed 28-Feb-07 22:07:25

Pritch have you seen my pathetic plea on the other place yet?

zippitippitoes Wed 28-Feb-07 22:06:02

oh twinset you are an inspiration to me

Pritch Wed 28-Feb-07 22:05:37

LOL morningpaper. never tire of that quote.

ttter Wed 28-Feb-07 22:05:25

lol cod

Pritch Wed 28-Feb-07 22:04:59

brace yourselves for another influx, ladies. it's a big MN ad.

FluffyMummy123 Wed 28-Feb-07 22:04:48

Message withdrawn

Pritch Wed 28-Feb-07 22:03:57

and there's justine! <waves at telly>

UnquietDad Wed 28-Feb-07 22:02:59

blimey twinset, that sounds very UNLIKE the mumsnet I know. I thought people round here were quite supportive of working parents.

MamaGee Wed 28-Feb-07 22:02:55

lol at blinded by arse

FluffyMummy123 Wed 28-Feb-07 22:02:42

Message withdrawn

twinsetandpearls Wed 28-Feb-07 22:01:38

Oh God they are all flooding back to me now I ahve remembered a worse one when I used to do soime charity work for a very low wage that varely covered my working costs and I was havign to take dd to work with me as I was skint. DD was playing up and I asked for advice and everyone seemed to take it in tirns to tell me what a shit mother I was, that dd was a spooilt unpleasant brat, thatI was obsessive and clingy as dd didn;t go to nursery ( even thought she did on other days) and thatI was a stuck up patronising bitch who should not be let anywhere near the general public. One lone mumsnetter stuck up for me!

I get called a bitch a lot on here m don;t know why I come back.

FluffyMummy123 Wed 28-Feb-07 22:01:36

Message withdrawn

FluffyMummy123 Wed 28-Feb-07 22:01:19

Message withdrawn

UnquietDad Wed 28-Feb-07 22:01:15

oh, I see, thanks.
I was thinking either the Marvel heroine or that daft woman who sprinkles "spells".

VeniVidiVickiQV Wed 28-Feb-07 22:00:11

UD, she was a mentalist poster.

Search the archives for "red rugs"

motherinferior Wed 28-Feb-07 21:59:29

Yes, but a rise from eight per cent to 12 per cent is not a four per cent rise, is it, it's considerably more than that

UnquietDad Wed 28-Feb-07 21:58:38

Please someone tell me what Titania fans are. I'm intrigyed now. Is it soemthing to dio with this one?

and plesae tell me wyh i heav started tpying like cod.

actually MI the stats aren't all that convincing tbh
and I speak as a lentil weaving antenatal teacher

twinsetandpearls Wed 28-Feb-07 21:57:31

lolicod I remember it but can't remember getting upset about it, thouht it was funny,people kept sending me pictures of ridiculous victorain outfits. I never bought the coat - she got a camel traditional hooded coat with a fur lined hood and sation lining from Harrods instead - (not that she is spoilt)

Jimjams2 Wed 28-Feb-07 21:57:19

ooh good idea.......

Pritch Wed 28-Feb-07 21:56:38

i got sent it for work, jj. honestly, we're going to have to get an alternative forum when it's on. will we all just rush The BMC?

Jimjams2 Wed 28-Feb-07 21:56:33

pmsl MI. I know that feeling

VeniVidiVickiQV Wed 28-Feb-07 21:56:30

Thank you my lovely.

MamaGee Wed 28-Feb-07 21:55:58

<<psst cod...look at the "would you do this" thread>>

Pann Wed 28-Feb-07 21:55:39

VVV - no, not to work for obv. reason! Will forward everything today to home.

motherinferior Wed 28-Feb-07 21:55:39

I got embroiled in a row about epidurals, and quoted some statistics I'd used in an article about how they didn't actually raise your chance of intervention that much, and I interpreted the stats completely wrongly, and got so embarrassed that I had to go off in a huff and hide from MN for about two weeks

FluffyMummy123 Wed 28-Feb-07 21:55:20

Message withdrawn

Jimjams2 Wed 28-Feb-07 21:55:16

how come you're watching it early?

VeniVidiVickiQV Wed 28-Feb-07 21:55:09

oh aitch.....aitch.....

Dior Wed 28-Feb-07 21:54:29

Message withdrawn

Pritch Wed 28-Feb-07 21:54:06

for those who might be interested, i am watching A Certain TV Programme right now. it is NOT flattering. Not at all...

twinsetandpearls Wed 28-Feb-07 21:53:36

Another one was when I posted about not neing able to ahve any more children for a number of factors - but as I was stressing about something financial that day and stuff to do with the house and In my usual flippant manner I gave a stupid thread title I was rounded on ny just about everybody and told that I was a self centred spolit bitch who did not know how easy life was.

I can remember that one actually reduced me to tears which is bloody ridiculous.

VeniVidiVickiQV Wed 28-Feb-07 21:52:52

Pann, did you forward that thing on to me?

Pann Wed 28-Feb-07 21:51:30

I've upset custy, though how/when/why I've nooo idea.......

VeniVidiVickiQV Wed 28-Feb-07 21:50:32

yes zippi, that can be quite soul destroying.

Rhubarb Wed 28-Feb-07 21:49:43

Fair dos then!

Someone upset Custy?
Don't remember that either!

<wanders off to find a beer to improve her memory>

zippitippitoes Wed 28-Feb-07 21:48:28

oh yes there is nothing worse than psoting something really personal that deeply affects you that you've never ever told anyone because you think it might resonate with a poster and no one even notices thwe post..

VeniVidiVickiQV Wed 28-Feb-07 21:48:23

UD - that was no great revelation today

MamaGee Wed 28-Feb-07 21:48:06

ach, get me off that blacklist, I'm sure I offered you my shed as accommodation when you were moving to cumbria

twinsetandpearls Wed 28-Feb-07 21:48:01

I got lynched by custardo as a relative newbie and was told by a mumsnetter that I was so rude to her and upset her so much that she had not been able to post for months - I had not meant to be rude it was a misinterpreted throw away remark. Although I treated it with humour I was upset that someone could think I was such a bitch.

UnquietDad Wed 28-Feb-07 21:47:51

what are Titania fans, dunkey?

UnquietDad Wed 28-Feb-07 21:47:16

Probably the endless grammar school thread I got into when I first arrived! I should have realised it was an "immovable object/unstoppable force" subject! Oh, same goes for any religion vs. atheism argument. I should learn, in the manner of seasoned posters here, merely to go - <tinhat> <popcorn>

It's either that, or admitting today to liking a bit of girl-on-girl action...

Rhubarb Wed 28-Feb-07 21:45:15

Oh yes Dunkey, that's happened to me a few times now!

So if I'm always wrong, if I say that vvv is a lovely kind and considerate personal friend .............. ?

VeniVidiVickiQV Wed 28-Feb-07 21:43:42

Rhubarb is always in the wrong, but we humour her.

dunkeydorey Wed 28-Feb-07 21:43:39

I got into a big row with some Titania fans once. They really didn't like me much.

On a day to day basis though, it is quite gutting to post about something that is worrying you, irritating you etc etc and then find that no-one actually gives a shit.

Rhubarb Wed 28-Feb-07 21:40:05

<takes note of name to add to blacklist>

MamaGee Wed 28-Feb-07 21:39:07

I was actually - v wrong, but I won't apologise

Rhubarb Wed 28-Feb-07 21:36:54

Oh. Sorry! Can't remember! You must have said summat wrong though cause I'm never wrong!

pooka Wed 28-Feb-07 21:36:28

Awww Pann

VeniVidiVickiQV Wed 28-Feb-07 21:35:19

Ha! There you go. Lesson learned I hope

MamaGee Wed 28-Feb-07 21:34:32

RHubarb you were a beatch to me once

Rhubarb Wed 28-Feb-07 21:33:07

Who have I fought with? I have disagreements but my worst trait is that usually I don't take note of who I'm having the disagreement with, I'm just ranting against the post!

I nearly told Custy where to go once! Not that she'd care!

Budababe Wed 28-Feb-07 21:32:55

I don't think I have had any bad moments. I do frequently look at controversial threads and WANT to respond but am too much of a wuss - I'd prob cry if someone "shouted" at me!

Pann Wed 28-Feb-07 21:31:50

mwah mwah La Welsh

she was on your side you big duffer. Everyone else was!!..the fools....

Rhubarb Wed 28-Feb-07 21:31:04

But I guess they paid for the ad. Oh I dunno, job ads on here piss me off anyway as they are usually for such shite as selling handmade doilies or having plastic cutlery parties that will rid you of any friends you may have had beforehand. I love the way you find 'new' Mumsnetters coming on gushing about this company and how wonderful it's been! They must really think we are all very very stupid.

I used to make sarcastic comments but it's not worth my time now. Anyone who gets sucked into them deserves them imo.

You didn't. You tried to warn others. I applaud you! Shall we chain ourselves against the virtual gates of MN HQ in a protest?

kittylette Wed 28-Feb-07 21:30:27

when i first joined i got accused of being a buggy merchant posing as a mum ...

i shouldve left then,

lol

pooka Wed 28-Feb-07 21:30:04

My own side. Prob the losing one as a result.

pooka Wed 28-Feb-07 21:29:15

wannaBeWhateverIWannaBe Wed 28-Feb-07 21:28:50

I also remember the first time I got totally caught up on a thread it was the muslem cartoons one, and myself and moondog got into an altercation with peacedove.

WelshBoris Wed 28-Feb-07 21:28:33

Oh yes, we had a tiff aswell Pann?

Oh well, a good thing come out of that little incident, our lovely friendship.

Mwah mwah kissy ass kissy mwah.

VeniVidiVickiQV Wed 28-Feb-07 21:27:32

Ah, but pooka - whose side were you on?

wannaBeWhateverIWannaBe Wed 28-Feb-07 21:26:38

no rhub it was a "dvd retailer" that wouldn't give out any info? and used a hotmail address?

Rhubarb Wed 28-Feb-07 21:24:54

It was prob MN HQ's own advert!

Pann Wed 28-Feb-07 21:24:39

I know there were others WB...I still bear the scars.....

lucy5 Wed 28-Feb-07 21:24:32

I started a thread about JWs who were harrassing me and it got a bit heated.

I was also outed as one of only two named mumsnetters who you would least like to meet. I still don't why I peed Cod off but it's quite a good claim to fame.

pooka Wed 28-Feb-07 21:24:05

I too remember the police behaviour one with Pann and VVVQV! Was most . I dwelt on it. May even have made things up to be more persuasive.

Have got over myself now though.

Also remember UCM's monumental gaffe. Makes me chuckle thinking about it now.

What I like about this board is that one minute you can read someone's post and not warm to them, and then they post on another subject and you find yourself feeling almost grudging in agreeing with them. Does make me feel a bit seasick at times.

wannaBeWhateverIWannaBe Wed 28-Feb-07 21:23:57

vvv it was an advert on the jobs section advertising for a email customer adviser. the email address given was a hotmail one and when I emailed for an application and asked for details I was told that the person concerned was not prepared to divulge the company name etc which instantly aroused suspicion. so I reported the post and then posted on the thread voicing my concerns. hq came back to say it was legit and to please desist from posting on that thread again, and my post was deleted. I was not amused.

Rhubarb Wed 28-Feb-07 21:23:23

Oooooooooooooooh, I nearly split mi sides there. No really. I did. Really!

He still texts me, bloody pain he is!

I told him I've moved on now, into Nick Baker's arms. For now.

WelshBoris Wed 28-Feb-07 21:22:48

PMSL QV!!

ttter Wed 28-Feb-07 21:22:34

phew

i may have done

but this was another thread entirely

about handbags

WelshBoris Wed 28-Feb-07 21:22:28

I am mean. <grrr>

Til I read threads about MBs husband or Maude or how lovely some mumsnetters are. Then I'm a big fluffy ball of fluff

VeniVidiVickiQV Wed 28-Feb-07 21:22:04

Why, are you built like a whale or something?

Rhubarb Wed 28-Feb-07 21:20:55

He wrote that song about me cause I shagged him and he couldn't get over me.

Welshy is so mean and poofy!

VeniVidiVickiQV Wed 28-Feb-07 21:20:42

In your v early pg days....

MamaGee Wed 28-Feb-07 21:20:38

<<zips mouth closed>>

WelshBoris Wed 28-Feb-07 21:20:33

Many many others Pann.

VeniVidiVickiQV Wed 28-Feb-07 21:19:56

You got off lightly then rhuby, rhuby, rhuby.

Wannabe...what did you get ticked off for exactly?

ttter Wed 28-Feb-07 21:19:50

<glances around, scared>

really, vvvqv? what was the thread about then eh eh?

<hopes she's bluffing>

WelshBoris Wed 28-Feb-07 21:19:36

Love you QV my darling.

I do have one bugbear about MN though, that blardy Rhubarb.

What a lezzer

Pann Wed 28-Feb-07 21:19:33

were there others, WB????

just been for dd's parent's evening, btw. All heaven and light! (well, what else??)

zippitippitoes Wed 28-Feb-07 21:19:28

and kemalsstilettoe getting very cross with me on nannyjob or something

Rhubarb Wed 28-Feb-07 21:18:35

WelshBoris has been VERY rude to me though.

wannaBeWhateverIWannaBe Wed 28-Feb-07 21:18:18

mine would be when I posted a thread with jokes about heather mills. it was posted and forgotten really until someone bumped it a couple of days later and then it all kicked off. Major apologies insued and I asked for the thread to be deleted.

And there was the ticking off I had from mn towers about another post which almost made me leave mn.

mmm haven't seen UCM on this thread?

VeniVidiVickiQV Wed 28-Feb-07 21:17:56

Smart answer swifterella, lol

boris, I blardy love you too you know.

zippitippitoes Wed 28-Feb-07 21:17:52

god i have more of these than i thought..finding out how to create narnia threads (fun) nd then learning the concept had been perverted into something horrid

also having rebel names and psoting that was awful as everyone got really cross

WelshBoris Wed 28-Feb-07 21:16:58

I argued with Mellowma, but then we kissed and made up. Mwah mwah.

All the other ones don't bother me at all.

Not one iota.

swifterella Wed 28-Feb-07 21:16:06

think your one VVQ, am so chuffed you noticed me

pucca Wed 28-Feb-07 21:13:23

Incognito rings a bell with me <<<<racking brain>>>>

VeniVidiVickiQV Wed 28-Feb-07 21:13:08

That was to tutter btw, not you rhubarb. Although I am curious now....

crazylazydaisy Wed 28-Feb-07 21:13:06

My first MN outing was to say how upset i was my dd (13) had been made to watch Amistad -a 15-and bawled all way home about the rape/murder scenes. Someone responded "Well at least your daughter wasnt a slave and really had something to worry about" and a few more very understanding things . Thought how i could use that one when one of them comes crying to me that they have hurt their leg "oh stop moaning about the pain, at least you have a leg - so think on!"
Was chuffed tho when someone came on and told her what a stupid thing it was to say

Pritch Wed 28-Feb-07 21:12:15

ah yes, i'll email aitch. she's a dreadful auld cow though.

i mean aitch, obviously.

VeniVidiVickiQV Wed 28-Feb-07 21:12:09

Er..no it didnt....

Rhubarb Wed 28-Feb-07 21:11:34

Can't remember any one incident, although I'm sure there are many Mumsnetters who would love to tell me what my worst moments have been.

I have asked for a thread to be deleted when I felt really got at and revealed something I didn't want to reveal. I regretted it instantly and would put it behind me only that person has mentioned it a couple of times so they obviously know why I asked for it to be deleted and that makes me feel insecure.

I can't think of any others.

ttter Wed 28-Feb-07 21:11:12

mine went unnoticed

<wipes brow>

twas a thread a few months ago

i was incognito, then name changed back for another thread, then forgot to change again on thread concerned

Pann Wed 28-Feb-07 21:11:04

<< takes out notebook. Writes "Pritch". Draws line through it. Closes notebook >>

zippitippitoes Wed 28-Feb-07 21:09:46

not my worst but awen and jampots got transco to ring me and tell me that someone on the internet had told them i had a gas leak to evacuate the house at 2.00am after i started a thread and went to bed and I had had rather a lot of wine and had to entertain a gas amn in my cellar at 4.00am I felt like a mad woman

VeniVidiVickiQV Wed 28-Feb-07 21:09:40

You have email aitch, thats how....

Oh, and that romcom comment didnt pass me by, btw....

Pann Wed 28-Feb-07 21:09:22

No!!??

WTF??

Will record check but..NO??!!!

I upset someone but I've forgotten who and why.

Someone posted about flicking garlic sauce on their dp, I think, and someone else got upset. It was unintentional - sorry whoever you are, I was v perplexed at the time.

Pritch Wed 28-Feb-07 21:08:34

pmsl at Senora sticking up for the variety and richness of norwich local radio.

FluffyMummy123 Wed 28-Feb-07 21:07:15

Message withdrawn

Pritch Wed 28-Feb-07 21:07:14

i remember pann and vvv's fight. you could practically see them both falling for each other, it was like some dreadful cliched romcom... vile.

anyway, off to watch a DVD of the channel Five doc about a certain person now... how can i possibly report back?

foxinsocks Wed 28-Feb-07 21:07:01

aaah, it all becomes clearer! welcome back - nice to see you!

alan partridge really understates local radio in norwich imo though. I don't think coogan listened to it much.

VeniVidiVickiQV Wed 28-Feb-07 21:06:46

Speaking of obscene, Pann....

Another one hooked in the spam filter

VeniVidiVickiQV Wed 28-Feb-07 21:06:13

Pann

Swifterella, tell me who the celeb Mner's are, and I'll make sure they respond to you

pucca Wed 28-Feb-07 21:05:42

Foxinsocks...Yes i was lilsmum, but confessed all recently and hopefully all is kinda forgiven.

WWW...I remember, i bit your head off but i did apologise afterwards once i calmed down and realised i was being a bitch.

Pritch Wed 28-Feb-07 21:04:56

practically the first thread i was on was that famous junk formula milk one - somehow managed to end off going head-to-head with the OP and she made me feel like i was the biggest baby in the world, bleating away about my inability to bf properly. a horrible experience...

BUT. you ban yourself from the BF/FF threads for a while and then come back refreshed and realising that maybe, just maybe, it's not the most important thing in the world. i should stress that the OP and i have since kissed and made up. v decent of her, and all that. i remember being furious at the time, when she told me that 'at the end of the day it's just words on a screen'. how dare she?!

and yet, newbies... at the end of the day it is just words on a screen. and the words for today are 'welcome to MN'. [boak]

Pann Wed 28-Feb-07 21:04:42

message deleted

(too obscene)

swifterella Wed 28-Feb-07 21:03:55

see?

WideWebWitch Wed 28-Feb-07 21:03:49

Pucca, I don't even remember so I very much doubt anyone else does!

VeniVidiVickiQV Wed 28-Feb-07 21:03:30

Cept murders were in Ipswich and alan Partridge is Norwich. Which was actually pretty funny

Pann, I blardy love you

foxinsocks Wed 28-Feb-07 21:02:57

pucca, were you someone else before?

FluffyMummy123 Wed 28-Feb-07 21:02:03

Message withdrawn

Pann Wed 28-Feb-07 21:01:50

yes VVVQV - typing thinking "oh shit, she AIN'T gonna go with this one....fook!"

XXXXX to QV.

what was the norwich thread?

pucca Wed 28-Feb-07 21:00:12

I remember having a couple of run ins with cod but nothing major and think she is fab now! pmsl sometimes at things she says!

Also remember having a go at WWW, on a thread about my daughter's foot prob (don't know if anyone remembers) but hopefully she understood the stress i was under at the time and forgave me.

VeniVidiVickiQV Wed 28-Feb-07 21:00:01

It was great to finally have a disagreement with you on a subject

Pann Wed 28-Feb-07 20:58:59

yeah yeah..Peace and Reconciliation and all of that......

swifterella Wed 28-Feb-07 20:58:08

i remember that pann!

VeniVidiVickiQV Wed 28-Feb-07 20:57:54

Oh yes...the police thread.....

swifterella Wed 28-Feb-07 20:57:26

havent had a worse moment as usually everyone bloody ignores me anyway (boooooooh you celebrity posters booooooooh)

magicfarawaytree Wed 28-Feb-07 20:56:14

should be p&t parking. Trust me - dont ever go there..

magicfarawaytree Wed 28-Feb-07 20:55:51

commenting on a parent who I thought was not interested in his overweight child. p&t, using the word retard.... my foot and my mouth are sometimes inextricably attached.

Pann Wed 28-Feb-07 20:55:44

Def. jumping down the throat of a 'celebrated' poster who I like after I had had a difficult day, over something I should have ignored. But didn't.
I apologised profusely and repeatedly almost immediately and put myself in purdah for a while. Only to be tempted back by Greeny's disolving hamster thread.....

and losing patience on a thread about police behaviour..and some barristers....and saying something SOO wicked I had to ask MN to delete it before anyone actually read it!!

lesson learned.

oh, happy days!!!

PeachyClair Wed 28-Feb-07 20:55:00

oh Plipp donr take it to heart- please post

whiffywarthog Wed 28-Feb-07 20:52:54

<waves to peachyclair>

plipp Wed 28-Feb-07 20:49:40

I haven't posted since I made a trying-to-be-supportive comment on a parenting issue and was misunderstood and completely stropped at by someone. Completely empathise with yaddah - felt about 5 and I don't feel like commenting on anything even vaguely contentious because it made me feel so bad

plipp Wed 28-Feb-07 20:49:40

I haven't posted since I made a trying-to-be-supportive comment on a parenting issue and was misunderstood and completely stropped at by someone. Completely empathise with yaddah - felt about 5 and I don't feel like commenting on anything even vaguely contentious because it made me feel so bad

VeniVidiVickiQV Wed 28-Feb-07 20:48:59

Hunker posted that she'd been googling and had found a cache'd copy of a spreadsheet from mnhq with all posters various namechanges. Boy, did that kick off.

DG, im sorry, have I offended you or something?

MP - ditto what harpsi said

Zippi - you reminded me actually of a thread I started a few months ago re an MNer who wasnt very well, and I "outed" her. It was in her best interests, but, hey ho....

yaddayah Wed 28-Feb-07 20:44:31

vvv i've looked and can't find it now mind you the stuff i have posted is such utter rubbish its probably for the best

WideWebWitch Wed 28-Feb-07 20:44:15

I EXPLODE when someone tells me not to post and just HAVE to keep clicking and posting, clicking and posting

AND another thing, etc etc

Bubble99 Wed 28-Feb-07 20:43:48

Munker's spreadsheet one is memorable.

I got in trouble for that one, too.

But miss she made me do it.

zippitippitoes Wed 28-Feb-07 20:43:47

starting a thread to get help for a suicidal poster before christmas

being jumped on for my opinion on mental health

and more

www yes that one seems a long time ago

Jimjams2 Wed 28-Feb-07 20:42:18

cazzybabs- I've searched and can only find threads about the lovely Stella Waterhouse who is one of the sweetest people alive, so have no idea what the spat was about (again I can guess, there only one topic I get ridiculous over). Apologies anyway.

yeah but mp you are so blardy funny it doesn't matter <gritted teeth>
DG have a big ole hug <slobber>

DumbledoresGirl Wed 28-Feb-07 20:40:27

Yeah thanks VVVQV, you could join MN Towers as that is pretty much what they told me. Made me feel about 3 years old at the time.

But I did learn from it and try really really hard these days not to post anything that could be misconstrued so I suppose it was a good thing.

morningpaper Wed 28-Feb-07 20:37:59

I must have had the most

I am SO stubborn, I'm like a dog with a bone even when there is a braying mob saying "But Morningpaper you are talking out of your bottom"

I can't stop it

sorry everyone

MegaLegs Wed 28-Feb-07 20:36:14

What happened on Hunker's spreadsheet thread or is it best not to mention it?

VeniVidiVickiQV Wed 28-Feb-07 20:34:10

okay, tell us the thread yaddayadah

Hmm, I can see why that mightnt have been found funny I guess, after the 'real' suicide thread. But, like with hunkers spreadsheet thread - she started it as a bit of fun without thinking through the consequences, or having a friend to adequately think through the consequences [sheepish]

PeachyClair Wed 28-Feb-07 20:33:57

I still avid certain subkects

Bf after the recent fiasco (even though I did nowt wrong and wasnt the told off one) And certain food threads, for example- I just noticed TGI's advertise a jar of baby food as being suitable for 4 month olds on their UK homepage

was I

but far too scared to start a food thread LOL!

Tinker Wed 28-Feb-07 20:33:05

Ha ha yaddayah. I'm going to cut and past that "I think you've made..." thing and just post it everywhere now.

yaddayah Wed 28-Feb-07 20:31:32

Dare a newbie say ...?

my 1st post on mn was a few weeks ago, when with a sudden rush of blood to the head i dared to START A THREAD (really don't know what came over me)and ask a really innocuous question and got jumped on from a great height by lots of very scary ladies

" i think you'll find you've made a lot of assumptions and are totally wrong" was one of the kinder comment

i felt about 5

DumbledoresGirl Wed 28-Feb-07 20:30:03

I was rather known for frequenting the depressed threads in those days and I posted a jokey thread title in Chat (which was supposed to be the clue that it was jokey) along the lines of "I am going to kill myself" and then inside the thread I explained because I had killed so many threads recently.

Many Mners were (rightly) not amused, knowing me as they did.

northerner Wed 28-Feb-07 20:29:19

Mine was when ds was a baby and I stumbles accross a behaviour thread talking about rewards and star charts. I went on and said I would never reward my kids for behaviour that I expected on a day to day basis and these people simply had naughty children. I woul teach my ds from an early age tantrums are not acceptable.

How fucking niave was I?!!

I was laughed out of town.......

me neither QV <polishes prefect badge>
even when I apologised for the ahem incident, they were terribly nice about it

Twiglett Wed 28-Feb-07 20:28:23

who are the 'celeb' mumsnetters then?

VeniVidiVickiQV Wed 28-Feb-07 20:26:58

Noooo DG!!! What on earth was it?

i've never had a ticking off from mnhq

Mind you, if there is anything contentious to be said, i normally sit quietly in the background egging on hunker

which one!

DumbledoresGirl Wed 28-Feb-07 20:25:44

My worst moment was having my thread deleted and my knuckles rapped by MN Towers.

VeniVidiVickiQV Wed 28-Feb-07 20:23:42

Quite.

mytwopenceworth Wed 28-Feb-07 20:22:44

VVVQV - I KNOW!! terrible, isnt it - but it truly is just my opinion, based on what they say, not me trying to be horrible.

why do people ask for opinions when what they mean is please agree with me that i am 100% right. im not a mind reader.

ho hum.

lol me too

VeniVidiVickiQV Wed 28-Feb-07 20:22:23

Oh you probably hate mine then Tinker

I only spotted it today - i started it yesterday.

Tinker Wed 28-Feb-07 20:21:13

"I hate the threads where I've disagreed with someone and it gets to the point where I get a rush of adrenaline when I see they've posted even before I open it because it's all turned nasty. It gets me banging around my house grumpily" Ha ha www, I recognise that feeling.

Currently, making spelling mistakes in thread titles

VeniVidiVickiQV Wed 28-Feb-07 20:20:57

ROFL MTPW! I think you've had that happen once or twice

You were always right though.......

mytwopenceworth Wed 28-Feb-07 20:17:54

i vaguely remember someone posting about a problem with her kids and her mum and her neice (or nephew, cant remember) and she asked for opinions and i gave mine and she left mumsnet because of it! (or came back under another name, who knows)

oh well.

Califrau Wed 28-Feb-07 20:12:37

I am a wuss and err on the side on non onfronation but I did get extremely pissed off on a thread the other day and had to log off b4 I exploded.
I think the worst moments for me were the 1st time I read Yorkie's terrible news and the original Maude one. I remember them both clearly - where they were in active convos when I logged on and what they said

ghosty Wed 28-Feb-07 20:12:37

I think my worst moment was replying in tears to a thread Hunker started about bottlefeeding/breastfeeding. I clicked on it when I was having a bad day and had a real go at her
She emailed me to apologise and had the thread deleted ... which made me but made me love her lots

ruty Wed 28-Feb-07 20:12:05

awful thread about muslim cartoon furore. I was a complete twat. Ds was ill and i shouldn't have been on MN at all. Learnt a lesson there.

MegaLegs Wed 28-Feb-07 20:11:05

That Boden cardi lady thread was the first I ever read on MN. I larfed and larfed and then I stayed. (Nearly a year)

WideWebWitch Wed 28-Feb-07 20:07:42

Oi Zipps, did we fall out? Or do you mean the thing we emailed about where we were erm amusing ourselves about something that is No Laughing Matter?

I hate the threads where I've disagreed with someone and it gets to the point where I get a rush of adrenaline when I see they've posted even before I open it because it's all turned nasty. It gets me banging around my house grumpily.

Children at weddings ones have sometimes gone a bit wrong but I've enjoyed them.

but mostly I love it here.

colditz Wed 28-Feb-07 20:07:09

Started a thread asking what a chav was, as I didn't know, and it soon transpired that I was one

FluffyMummy123 Wed 28-Feb-07 20:07:00

Message withdrawn

Jimjams2 Wed 28-Feb-07 20:06:03

Sweet of you to apologise MB, but I have absolutely no recollection of it! I can guess what it might have been about

Oh god I've had so many hideous mumsnet moments, no idea why I'm still on here!

Blandmum Wed 28-Feb-07 20:02:06

Oh the argument I had with JJ was all down to me being a bit of a twat at the time. She is one of my bestest mates on MN now

2shoes Wed 28-Feb-07 19:49:26

i started one about children standing in trolleys
Have to admit although I got seriously told off I did learn by it

VeniVidiVickiQV Wed 28-Feb-07 19:48:57

"celeb posters"?

Harpsi, I do remember your jokey thread. Twas fantastic.

Greeny - you have been virtually kicked around, but, i think you have lots of important things to say, and you are very good at saying them.

You are also very good at witty, superior put downs

Cod, where the hell would we start with you!!!!

PeachyClair Wed 28-Feb-07 19:48:16

Cod eeyore was always my fave

and just for the record some of the stuff oyu've ahd thrown at you lately is, imo, ott

Greeves Wed 28-Feb-07 19:46:14

yep cod that's you

you kick ass

FluffyMummy123 Wed 28-Feb-07 19:45:16

Message withdrawn

FluffyMummy123 Wed 28-Feb-07 19:44:40

Message withdrawn

ha, yes I had been here about a week when the Aptimel thing kicked off, and I contibuted what I thought was something fairly innocuous to a thread and everyone went LOOPY I was so surprised because I hadn't been here long enough to know how sensitive a subject it is.

PeachyClair Wed 28-Feb-07 19:42:13

<waves to whiffywarthog>

we can see you honest

we all get those ignred posts far mroe than any others I promise

Greeves Wed 28-Feb-07 19:41:59

Oh, and when the child-free wedding thread went sour

Come to think of it, I've had the shit kicked out of me so many times on MN it's amazing how full of it I still am

misdee Wed 28-Feb-07 19:40:47

i think my worst one was starting a thread about the amount of people who bottle feed in hospital

oh that one ran and ran.

oh and starting a jolly little jokey thread that got a bit Out of Hand
and namechanging to admit something embarrassing and then posting on another thread effectively outing myself and having to send an email to the lovely JJ saying heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllpppppp but luckily no-one noti8ced I hope

Bobalina Wed 28-Feb-07 19:40:12

Wow, do you 'celeb' posters get stalker-posters?

Carmenere Wed 28-Feb-07 19:39:37

When Soupdragon told me to F*ckoff on a swmnbn thread because I took the piss out of her.

yes I think it must have been realising that I was namechecked in the letter from You Know Who's Lawyers <gulp>
saying something so crashingly bloody dull it didn't merit a mention on the flipping news
unlike missy oh I'm so flipping witty morningpaper

MascaraOHara Wed 28-Feb-07 19:35:40

in ansdwer to the OP... oh I don't know... take your pick

saltire Wed 28-Feb-07 19:35:02

I posted once about an incident whilst childminding. I felt I had dealt with it (the incident) in an appropriate way. However, I was called irresponible, unprofessional and told i was "losing control". I felt very picked on, and it took a while before i really felt confident to post properly.

cazzybabs Wed 28-Feb-07 19:34:38

I also had a run in with Jimjams - I now never ever post on a thread with her on it unless I post there first of course!

VeniVidiVickiQV Wed 28-Feb-07 19:32:55

Hunker, i thought your worst moment was the "namechange spreadsheet" thread...?

I think my worst moment was changing my name to post a thread about how awful a mother I felt, and then halfway in to the thread, whilst replying to someone, I forgot to change my name back to my anonymous one.

I have had a dappy row about nappy disposal. I also lost it a bit on a jar food thread, but something positive came out of that. I have had major disagreements on threads, but, aside from the one time, and also with one stalkerish type poster, its never been carried across the board.

chestnutty Wed 28-Feb-07 19:28:38

still no one has posted on my mobile phone thread.
Its on the other subjecy booard ie THIS ONE!

Greeves Wed 28-Feb-07 19:26:20

lol Foo-Foo, I remember that one well, I pmsl

That Boden woman did look like a heavily varnished wooden spoon with a face painted on it

Greeves Wed 28-Feb-07 19:24:38

major run-in with some childminders when I was new and got accused of being a troll

cod complained about me for using too many rude fanny references

got called a fascist by some utter lunatic called 'nanneh'

god, FAR too many to list them all

welshmum Wed 28-Feb-07 19:23:44

When I was on my ante-natal group thread and there was a big row about us wanting to be exclusive, it was horrible and everyone piled in to lecture us. We were all hormonal pregnant ladies and should have been indulged

whiffywarthog Wed 28-Feb-07 19:20:28

hmm i've been on here for over a year (yes, newbie) and the vast majority of the time i am ignored. i've even thought, f*ck it, i'll be provocative, and it's like i've never posted... at some point, the fat kid too short to see over the counter will wander away hanging head sadly, hands in pockets, kicking imaginary sand.

not that i'm bitter or anything

zippitippitoes Wed 28-Feb-07 18:56:51

scariest was alittle banter with www which definitely bit back

and a thread about people who live in london

Blandmum Wed 28-Feb-07 18:56:00

I argued with Jimjams once. I was being a twat, and would like to publically appologise

hunkerdave Wed 28-Feb-07 18:56:00

Probably when I clicked the link and discovered that the thread linked to by a SWMNBN's spokeswoman as being an example of why MN was being sued was started by me.

lostinfrance Wed 28-Feb-07 18:56:00

all those threads i started that rec'd no replies ..

tumbleweed threads i call em

PeachyClair Wed 28-Feb-07 18:49:38

It would have been about 3-4 years ago, I'd just done a BF course and I posted a comment- somebody immediately jumperd onme and said 'I never heard that is that true.....' quite aggressivly- actually it was but I chickened out of the fight and did a runner that lasted 6 months LOL!

Not ahlf as touch these days.

It can be ahrd to break into, and even us very oldies (my first post was when ds1, now 7, was a newborn) feel a bit wary at times. Just don the hardhat and get on in- it'll be ok

Ok really, I once posted a thread about a friend's child in which I exaggerated the problem (out of laziness really - it was easier that way). friend saw the thread and was offended. think she got over it though.

Fooey Wed 28-Feb-07 18:48:19

Mine was where I started a thread to sneer at a shiny faced Boden model who was prominently advertising a cardy alongside active convos

Pruni came on and got all huffy because the model ("Juliet") was a mate of hers

the big LIAR was she fuck

I nearly cacked myself though

most threads I start, apart from one which made the homepage, as they usually die a slow lingering death

it was starting a "worst moments" thread asd I recall

Tortington Wed 28-Feb-07 18:47:03

most threads i go on actually.

chestnutty Wed 28-Feb-07 18:46:14

Had a couple of threads where it was just me talking to myself.
I'm doing one now on this board about mobile phones!

OK - this is meant to be lighthearted & not meant to stir up any old battles. Just noticed a few posts recently from newbies suggesting that they haven't found mn particularly easy to break into at first and, being newish myself, just wondered if any of you old timers would put us newer members at ease by sharing any memorable snubbings, false troll accusations, clangers you've made, threads that really DIDN't work out the way you meant them to, etc...

Ideally you'd be able to laugh at them now rather than still being bitter

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now