Oooh can we have a thread about things you said and thought about your Precious First Born which make you blush looking back on it

(314 Posts)
Pruni Tue 13-Feb-07 13:50:42

Message withdrawn

unknownrebelbang Tue 13-Feb-07 11:11:34

I can't remember the specifics, but I remember being really uptight about something really minor in my parent's garden when DS1 was about 5 days old.

I cringe at the memory.

Aloha Tue 13-Feb-07 11:07:27

This is funny! When in hospital with ds, in a fit of post-partum delirium, I seriously worried about how I was going to cope with the attentions of desperate model baby scouts, all wanting him and refusing to take no for an answer! I also thought he had some kind of healing powers and I would be doing sick people a favour by encouraging them to see him
And yes, I did all that, 'well, technically he's only three months, but I'll buy the six month babygro because he's so big for his age'. Cringe.

TinyGang Tue 13-Feb-07 11:03:18

I thought you immediately had to join every baby thing that was on in the area. Nearly killed myself trying to keep up with that little notion. She slept though most of them anyway.

Also stood for ages outside Paultons Park with dh wondering if we should pay for us all to go in because 'dd would enjoy it'. She was about six months old!

Pruni Tue 13-Feb-07 11:02:48

Message withdrawn

Anchovy Tue 13-Feb-07 11:01:49

Saintmaybe - tee hee, I did exactly the same. One of my mates had a baby very slightly older than DS and I said to DH that I was a bit embarassed and it felt a little bit, well, unfair, that DS was so much more lovely that her baby.

Looking back at the pictures of DS he looked like nothing quite so much as a large potato!

saintmaybe Tue 13-Feb-07 10:57:29

I seriously suggested to dp that I was thinking of seeing less of other mums when ds1 was about six weeks old as 'It must be really difficult for them to see him and not feel awful about how much better than their babies he is'!!!

He very kindly, and with a straight face, reassured me that maybe they might feel the same way...

Hilarious to look back at ds1's photos at that age, as he was the lumpiest, spottiest thing you've ever seen (gorgeous now, of course..)

Flower3554 Tue 13-Feb-07 10:56:10

I thought no-one else would ever love my dd1 as much as I did, including her father

I believed this with a passion until I watched him cradle her with such gentleness it made me cry.

TinyGang Tue 13-Feb-07 10:52:38

Everything had to be brand new and clothes white (mind you that was my mum really who has a thing about babies wearing white.)

I had to have a Sangenic nappy wrapper.

I remember needing to go to the doctor with her and running horribly late because 'I have so much to sort out'<one small baby> and ringing the suregery and indignantly pointing all this out.

Ironing those little postage stamp sized vests. Well ironing everything really, even bibs.

motherinferior Tue 13-Feb-07 10:45:42

Oh yes, I felt Major Shame that DD1 wasn't sleeping as much as other people's babies apparently were.

foxinsocks Tue 13-Feb-07 10:42:36

I did that stupid thing of not allowing ANYONE to make a noise when my first was sleeping (in my defence, she had reflux so I was SO relieved when she finally dropped off).

On hearing the postman's footsteps, I remember running to the front door like a woman possessed and yanking it open and virtually pulling the postman's hand off in the letter box so that he didn't slam the letters through noisily and wake her up. Wtf??!!

Now, next door has parties till 3am and I don't give a monkeys because they sleep through everything .

Gazing into my newborn baby's eyes
"I'm never going to get cross or impatient with you!"
I also love the threads on here where people rant on about appropriate behaviour in children, and how their precious darlings would never step out of line / say something cheeky / be overly silly etc - and then you realise that their eldest child is less than a year old!

dejags Tue 13-Feb-07 10:36:13

Just about everything I said/did with DS1 makes me blush.

I was Anally Retentive in the extreme

Anchovy Tue 13-Feb-07 10:34:12

Following on from the other thread which was veering that way.

My mum said she had seen a baby on the telly who was the same age as DS (three months) who seemed more alert than DS. I cried into a muslin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now