Looking extremely young

(1 Post)
smileyhappypeople Sun 18-Sep-16 20:53:21

I had no idea where to put this thread.... So please forgive me if not in the right place.

I am really struggling lately with how young I look! I have always looked young but it seems the older I get the younger people think I am and the more it bothers me! When I was in my early 20s it wasn't as bad but now I'm turning 30 and I'm sick of people commenting.
I refuse to buy anything in a supermarket etc that is age restricted because I'm so embarrassed to be asked for ID.
Last time I went out (2 years ago) with the mummies from school I got asked for id in every single pub, I shrugged it off at the time to try and enjoy my night but I've never been out since! I hate it!
My hubby is a few years older than me and people sometimes look at us weird as if he's some sort of cradle snatcher!
The final straw came when we were in Florida in a few weeks ago. I took 2 of the children on a ride and the lady running the ride asked me how old I was (you have to be 14 to take under 7s on a ride). I sat and held back tears for the whole ride I was so mortified!
I don't really know what I want from this thread but to ask if anyone has experienced the same? Am u over reacting? I don't know really. It's just really causing me stress and massive anxiety! I'm starting a new job next week and I'm absolutely dreading it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now