Dreaming about Pets/dead relatives

(2 Posts)
Aquamarine70 Thu 09-Jun-16 14:00:25

Not sure if I'm posting in the right place.
Does anyone know if you have a vivid dream of a dead family member or pet if it means they are there to comfort you? I was in a car crash yesterday. I'm ok & it wasn't my fault. I was a bit shaken yesterday & my daughter was in the car. Last night my cat that died 3 years ago that I miss so much came to me in a dream. It was so clear that I woke up with goosebumps. I have also seen my husband's aunt that died last year. In my dream I was watching her funeral & she just got up & walked away & smiled at me as the funeral was happening but I was the only one that could see her. I have also seen my nan & grandad in dreams too that have been around times of stress. Could it be them trying to comfort me?

Janey50 Wed 29-Jun-16 20:07:18

*Aquamarine 70*- First of all,sorry to hear about your accident,and glad that you are OK. I can't really offer you any advice on your question. But what I will say is this; I regularly dream about deceased pets and relatives. My dad died over 30 years ago but I have dreams that he is alive and well,about once every couple of months. Same with my DM. She died nearly 5 years ago and I dream about her on a weekly basis. Again,she is always alive and well in these dreams. As for pets,my dreams are full of pets I have loved and lost over the years,even more so than the people in my day to day life! I don't honestly know what this all means,but what I DO know is that it comforts and upsets me in equal measure. The dreams seem so real that I have sometimes woken up crying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now