North London

(3 Posts)
castortroy19 Wed 18-May-16 14:32:32

All,

First time poster! I was wondering if anyone knew much about where to move in North London.

Me and the GF (soon to be fiancé) have been living in Friern Barnet for over a year now, previously I used to live in East London near Beckton. Its lovely up here but impossible to buy something to live.

I work anywhere where I am on project and the GF works in North London Business park. She normally walks to work and I travel wherever I need to go (normally central London)

We were looking to buy somewhere commutable for her. She is learning to drive and we are looking for a house preferably but understand that a two bed flat might have to be considered. I don’t want to spend more than 4k a year on transport costs to get into central London.

We have looked at Welwyn garden city, Cuffley, Potters Bar and Hatfield. Our rough budget is around 350k mark.

Is there somewhere we have missed out or should consider looking at? Many thanks for anyones help here. If this thread is in the wrong section then please move if possible.

Regards,

Cas

RobberBride Sun 22-May-16 21:26:47

Friend has just bought a lovely 2-up-2-down terraced cottage in Colney Heath for £330k. That's about a 30 min drive for your GF - could you drop her off, then keep driving in?

castortroy19 Mon 23-May-16 10:03:48

thank you I will check. I think it shouldn't be too much on an issue, she can drive in and then drop me off to a nearest station. Is it a nice area at all?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now