miss

(10 Posts)
Georginasavannah92 Thu 14-Jan-16 13:17:44

Need some advice I've been feeling depressed recently had a baby and I'm at home on my own a lot as partner is at work I don't have many friends and would like to get out more but don't know how if I have no one to go out with really?

ElsaAintAsColdAsMe Thu 14-Jan-16 13:20:23

Are there any baby groups in your area?

Your health visitor would be a good person to ask, and to talk to if you are feeling depressed.

Georginasavannah92 Thu 14-Jan-16 13:21:27

I'm not to sure if there's any baby groups I don't know how to go about it confused

ElsaAintAsColdAsMe Thu 14-Jan-16 13:24:26

Do you have a local community centre? Or church hall? You could give them a quick call and ask.

If you have no luck, just call your HV and ask, they usually have a pretty good knowledge of local groups.

Fugghetaboutit Thu 14-Jan-16 13:26:24

Google your local churches and children centres, most have websites now and details of baby groups. Best groups I went to were at children centres stay and plays and at churches - everyone v friendly and free tea and biscuits while you chat to other mums smile you really have to get out there x

Georginasavannah92 Thu 14-Jan-16 13:27:30

Thanks girls appreciate it xx

Fugghetaboutit Thu 14-Jan-16 13:28:27

Also google 'baby groups - your area' and lots will come up!

Fugghetaboutit Thu 14-Jan-16 13:30:12

Oh and on Facebook, join a local
Mums group by searching your area and asking other mums. And your local council website will also have a list. Nct have FB groups too so search your local nct

whenthewindblows Thu 14-Jan-16 13:31:11

If you have a Children's Centre try there - our local one is amazing but sadly they are being shut down at a frightening rate.

Georginasavannah92 Thu 14-Jan-16 14:21:31

Ok I'll have a look round thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now