Brownie Badges - where do I put...

(13 Posts)
SoupDragon Tue 09-Jun-15 07:44:43

... "Growing Up Wild" badges? Sash? blanket? in the box of "badges that need to go somewhere sometime" along with all the scout badges I never sewed on...?

Please help!

(And if you know where on earth DD has hidden her Brownie trousers, that would be great)

Lightattheend Tue 09-Jun-15 07:51:05

I googled it for my ds, found diagram for beaver/cub/scout uniforms. Maybe brownies have the same? I always moan when he brings another one home!

InFlagranteDelicto Tue 09-Jun-15 07:53:47

Brownies don't have a set place to put any badges (grr) so I guess anywhere! Could you email brown owl/ chat to other parents?

SoupDragon Tue 09-Jun-15 07:58:16

Oh, The scouting Movement is far more helpful wrt badge placement smile

I have no idea what to do with the badges and don't want brown owl to think I'm thick and incompetent. Which I am grin

I've just looked in the badge box and found more. None of which match any on the pictures of sashes.

simbo Tue 09-Jun-15 07:58:55

Having painstakingly sewn brownie badges onto a sash - at the expense of my fingertips - and then unpicked the whole lot and resewn them on a camp blanket a few years later, i would recommend the latter, especially if your dd is likely to go on to Guides. Some Brownie or Guide units encourage putting them on the uniform hoodie but these need replacing over time so the camp blanket is the only permanent solution. They do start sewing on their own eventually.

Lightattheend Tue 09-Jun-15 08:01:11

Didn't realise I was so lucky. I would hate to not know, I still worry they are in the wrong place! So happy now that dd refused to go to brownies. Badge stress I can do without.

SoupDragon Tue 09-Jun-15 08:14:14

I have, in the past, gone for the "shove them in the badge box" method of badge placement as this requires no effort whatsoever. However, they were told to "dress smartly, including sashes" for tonight and I cant help feeling I should have sewn some more badges on.

DDs sash does have the one "proper" badge and a nights away one along with the region/unit/six badges so it's not entirely bare.

ArthurMcAffertyhastwocats Tue 09-Jun-15 08:30:42

Why are Brownie sashes made of reinforced concrete? dd is a decent sewer but she finds it nearly impossible to sew her badges on. Wish we had gone the camp blanket route...

WheresTheHoneyMummy Tue 09-Jun-15 09:01:25

I'm a Guide Guide, didn't have a clue where to sew the badges on so just put them in any old order on DD's sash, then when she left Brownies I sewed her sash onto her camp blanket - bloody hell that was hard work! Who designed those sashes?!

slicedfinger Tue 09-Jun-15 09:04:38

Don't sew, use wonderweb! Great advice from DDs brown owl. wink

SoupDragon Tue 09-Jun-15 15:59:27

I tried that with the DSs scout badges. They fell off.

Still none the wiser about to whether they should go on sash or blanket! They can go back in the badge box for later!

MrsLeighHalfpenny Tue 23-Jun-15 23:35:12

I sewed DDs whole sash onto her camp blanket when she went to Guides. Much easier than unlocking them all.

I'm a Brownie Guider. The metal promise badge, Six emblem, Sixer/Seconder badges and unit name tales should be on the uniform. There is no set place, but on front of hoodie/ gilet is good. Interest badges can go on hoodie arms, or on sash or camp blanket. Fun badges should not go on uniform.

SoupDragon Wed 24-Jun-15 07:20:20

Thanks. however, I have no idea what a interest or fun badge is.

The scout badge system is far more straightforward and, having seen what DD will be expected to wear when she moves up to guides, I may enrol her in scouts instead. What on earth were they thinking when they designed that monstrosity??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now